Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GAME][1.6+] Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game

Tip us?

Keripo
Old
(Last edited by Keripo; 15th February 2011 at 09:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [GAME][1.6+] Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Market Description
"Beats, Advanced Rhythm Game" is a music-based rhythm game for Google Android phones/devices. Press arrows to the beat of songs StepMania/DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) style or tap circles Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents style!

Current release at 1.5.2b

Download this App via the Android Market (search for the package "com.beatsportable.beats" or the keywords "keripo", "advanced rhythm game", "stepmania", "ddr", or "osu") or scan the above QR code with a barcode scanner.

Please also check out the official BeatsPortable website at http://beatsportable.com/
and visit the forums at http://beatsportable.com/forum/

Enjoy

~Keripo

xxsashixx
Old
(Last edited by xxsashixx; 20th October 2010 at 09:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 99
New website and forums up, go visit:
http://www.beatsiidx.com
http://forums.beatsiidx.com

dk2000zx
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
You have any screenshots?

xxsashixx
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Heres a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS8LhDpEmmQ

Screenshots are on the website

Keripo
Old
(Last edited by Keripo; 20th October 2010 at 09:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
New website and forums up, go visit:
(see Sashi's post above)

Also, currently working on 1.1b which will include the ability to install .smzips/.zips on the fly xD (as well as a bunch of extra stuff like letter/percent scores, auto-launch from file browser, lots of stability fixes, etc.)

~Keripo

exadeci
Old
(Last edited by exadeci; 20th October 2010 at 11:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119
Nice app, at first It was always pressing 2 arrows at the same time but it was just because of the Tap overlap % so I've set it to 0 so now it's working pretty nice.
I had an issue once an arrow became "stuck" for a second (pressed and released it and it stayed pressed for a sec or more) Another bug was that I pressed Home while playing a song but the game didn't stopped or neither paused (song was running) and Watchdog alerted me about Beats high proccessor usage on backgroud (around 55% but maybe only because the song was still running [edit] But when you loose because you are not playing anymore processor usage lowers)

Please remove the vibrate on launch (and on start) I don't find them useful and at first I though the app had crashed.

This is just a bug report and I hope that they will get fixed because I really liked it

foxehkins
Old
(Last edited by foxehkins; 20th October 2010 at 11:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Finally a game like this! I play a lot of itg (a harder ddr like game) and always wanted something like this on my phone. If anyone wants files made I make a lot of my own custom files for all my own music ranging from simlple to extremely hard. Check put my youtube youtube.com/foxekins or youtube calimist (my friend who's top player in the world, he has a lot of custom song videos but they're stupid hard lol) or team murder to see song possibilities! Hit me up!

Ps, custom .25 speeds would be amazing. Such as 2, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.0 all the way to 10 should be enough. Thanks!

dk2000zx
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
If it had better backgrounds lol...

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

yarod_g14
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Oh wow

This is really pretty heavy stuff.

I have been carrying my PSP around with me so #I can play Step mania songs on the go,
this is a god send.

- Question for Galaxy S users - how about the USB OTG support for dance pads, with a foldup one attached and TV out I got a portable SM solution!! no laptop no extra power just plug and go.

Do we need Bluetooth dance mat?
Proper Device list (No dums) + geek expectation met factor.
SPV canary 10/10 - Voyager(E200) 9/10 - XDA 2 10/10 - MDA Compact 10/10 - MDA PRO 8/10 - AMAO 9/10 - N95 7/10 - N958gb 10/10 - i900 Omnia 9/10- i8910 OMNIA HD 7/10 - Touch pro2 6/10 - HD2 10/10 - i9000 galaxy S 10/10 - HTC one X 7.5/10 - Galaxy s4 i9505 (currently calculating)

southphillysean
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Great Job!!
I rather be hated for what i truly am then loved for what i am not

Tags
beats stepmania ddr game