Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Solved] T-Mobile OTA My touch 3G Update Files 1, 2 and 3 (?).

OP Stingerrray

18th October 2010, 06:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
File 1 http://android.clients.google.com/pa....0013.opal.zip
File 2 https://android.clients.google.com/p...5.e059adc6.zip

File 3 (Still Not sure what this file is)
https://android.clients.google.com/p...4.e3671133.zip

Here are the correct downloads. This update only works on the Original My Touch 3G. Not the My Touch 3G 3.5 or Fender Version.

I took these instructions from Smapdi's Post

Renamed 894fb8631db9.hboot-1.33.0013.opal.zip to update.zip and placed it into the root of my SD card. Rebooted into recovery and flashed it (Turn on with Home then Power Key to boot into recovery). The process restarted the phone a few times (DO NOT TOUCH THE THING ONCE YOU START THE FLASH!!!!!) and eventually booted into 1.6.

I rebooted into fastboot and saw HBOOT was now 1.33.0013 :D

I then took e059adc603a3.signed-opal-ota-60505.e059adc6.zip and renamed it to update.zip and put it into the root of the SD card deleting the previous file. Repeated the same steps as before and the phone did the whole restart itself a few times thing and eventually booted to 2.2!!!

Great work guys!

Thanks for everyones help I hope you enjoy Froyo 2.2.
Stingerrray
Last edited by Stingerrray; 22nd October 2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Adding final File
18th October 2010, 06:31 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 21

399 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerrray

File 1 (I Think) https://android.clients.google.com/p...4.e3671133.zip
File 2 (I Know) https://android.clients.google.com/p...5.e059adc6.zip

The downloads worked for me can someone confirm that theses are the correct files. And maybe help with installation.

Thanks "Phateless"

Stingerrray

I do concur, the Philly Cheese Steak is quite delicious, however I find that nothing beats a good Cheeseburger!
18th October 2010, 06:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 26

607 posts
More
Which one is which?

And do they need to be flashed in a specific order?
18th October 2010, 06:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
File one is new. File 2 is the one that has been out for a couple of days. I'm not sure on the install will test soon.
18th October 2010, 07:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago

607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingerrray

File one is new. File 2 is the one that has been out for a couple of days. I'm not sure on the install will test soon.

ill go ahead and test this aswell, so tech i should flash file 2 then file 1 since that is the order they were released in?
18th October 2010, 07:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 31

464 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_Blyat

ill go ahead and test this aswell, so tech i should flash file 2 then file 1 since that is the order they were released in?

actually the I believe the first file is the spl and would be flashed first. Be careful.
18th October 2010, 07:11 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago

607 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XfooYen

actually the I believe the first file is the spl and would be flashed first. Be careful.

i thought file 1 should be flashed first aswell but to me it looked like the 2.2.1 update since theres a "FRG84-from-DMD64" line in the code.

anyone else care to maybe back that assumption up or throw in your own 2 cents, wouldnt mind a few opinions before i flash these files.

Both downloaded, both have been put onto the root of my sdcard. Just waiting on a guiding light before i boot into stock recovery and flash
18th October 2010, 07:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag Gurabo, Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
I also have the files ready but I dont have the guts to flash. I barely use the MT3G lately but I dont want to risk a brick.
18th October 2010, 10:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 22

238 posts
negative
Good news is the phone doesn't brick after trying to flash the first file. Bad news is it comes across an error. Apparently this is for a different phone. I got the error "E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7)" with a bunch of other gibberish about buildprops before it ..

hope this helps someone ..
18th October 2010, 11:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 10

297 posts
More
has anyone tested these file yet with success?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread