Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google TV hack!

Tip us?

zonyl
Old
Thanks Meter 38
It would be nice to get the rom and see if the Amazon VOD and Netflix apps are bytecode for other Android devices.

hharte
Old
(Last edited by hharte; 25th October 2010 at 04:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Default iFixIt Teardown of Revue reveals UART connector

In the upper right corner of the Revue motherboard shown in iFixIt's teardown, there is a four pin connector marked UART1, near J4. We can hope it's a serial console... I'll take mine apart tonight (assuming UPS drops it off today) and find out .

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Logit...evisionid=HEAD

There is also a footprint for a SATA connector, which could open up some possibilities for a DVR.

Googa
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I bought a Revue yesterday, and absolutely love it. There certainly are current limitations, but I'm sure all will be overcome soon enough, given the Android OS. Perhaps I'm most excited about the potential!

I'll be doing a lot of tinkering, and will see what I can get into with ADB later tonight.

twobit
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze00 View Post
It did do an OTA update when I first booted, didn't appear ot be anyway to skip it.
I managed to capture the OTA link for the revue unit. Unlike the Sony device, the Revue does not ask you for permission to d/l the link (mandatory update maybe ?)

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ate-b39389.zip

I have not had time to poke into yet....have fun

jmlott
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Awesome! Thank you for grabbing this. It would have been nice if the flash apk was in there so the person who modded the android version could do the same here and give us Hulu, etc back. That said, we would still need to figure out how to get into recovery on the Revue and manually apply the update.zip. Anyway, we are one step closer now. Thank you again.
Current Phone: HTC One Silver 32GB

Past Phones: Epic Touch 4G, Evo 4G, Nexus One, G1, ... (phones didn't exist until Android)

zonyl
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
It would be nice to get the rom and see if the Amazon VOD and Netflix apps are bytecode for other Android devices.
Tada!

Netflix refuses to install, however, the Amazon VOD app installed fine. Apparently it doesnt register to the Launcher intent, so Ill have to do some digging tonight to see how to get it working.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Amazon.apk - [Click for QR Code] (78.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: apk Netflix.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.6 KB, 106 views)

twobit
Old
(Last edited by twobit; 25th October 2010 at 09:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Tada!

Netflix refuses to install, however, the Amazon VOD app installed fine. Apparently it doesnt register to the Launcher intent, so Ill have to do some digging tonight to see how to get it working.
How are you installing the APK's ? ADB or through the browser ?

NVM...I thought you were installing those APK's on the GTV box, not on other Android device.

twobit
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Tada!

Did you deodex netflix ?

nagmier
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Anyone try getting the Revue into recovery with the power button trick? I'm going to give it a shot shortly

twobit
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagmier View Post
Anyone try getting the Revue into recovery with the power button trick? I'm going to give it a shot shortly
I tried to find the power button but couldnt, so I didnt try this out