Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Mytouch 32b port 10/23/10

OP Asadullah

19th October 2010, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
Asadullah's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag casselberry
Thanks Meter: 296
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
This is just a quick port I made of the mytouch 32b (not to be confused with the mytouch 32a or mytouch slide) froyo 2.2 update.
I just took the update added xbin from one of darches nightlies added our wlan.ko and buildprop. At first I just switched kernels but bluetooth didn't work (it did work good though with decad3nces bfs). So thats why I used the bootimage from darches for the most part everything works and it's really not something I really wanted to pursue but figured if I wanted to try it out someone else would. I just like it cuz it has odex files.
Just to be clear though this doesn't have sense their update didn't include it.
What doesn't work
gps
camera

Download updated 10/23/10 here
Here's an alternate link thanks to beezy420 try this one first

The update from 10/23/10 is de-odexed and still requires the fix roaming zip
beezy420 uploaded a update zip to add live wallpapers to the rom at the gmail account

so I made a fake gmail account so that we can just upload update zips to there without having to wait thirty or 90 seconds depending on how mediafire feels that day? mytouch32b@gmail.com
password is : 1a2b3c4d99

To see how much space is on your phone and what's using it
Code:
adb shell
busybox df -h
to see your mtds
Code:
adb shell
cat /proc/mtd
copy your mtd
Code:
adb shell
cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/mtd1.img
you can replace mtd1 with whichever mtd you want
Last edited by Asadullah; 17th November 2010 at 06:46 AM.
19th October 2010, 07:21 AM   |  #2  
hexskrew's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
570 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Is this 2.2?! Or is it 2.1 ported from the mytouch?

If it's 2.1.. Well.. It's been done already. Check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=767208 (ZenExp rom)

If it's 2.2.. w0000000000000000000t!!!!!

Wow. 48mb? Smells like 2.2. Let me see if it tastes like 2.2
Last edited by hexskrew; 19th October 2010 at 07:23 AM.
19th October 2010, 07:29 AM   |  #3  
dustinmatthews87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Apple Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
I was just browsing the other forums and it looks like it is 2.2.

http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...d.php?t=811349

the one on that post is 52 mb though
19th October 2010, 07:33 AM   |  #4  
Asadullah's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag casselberry
Thanks Meter: 296
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexskrew

Is this 2.2?! Or is it 2.1 ported from the mytouch?

If it's 2.1.. Well.. It's been done already. Check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=767208 (ZenExp rom)

If it's 2.2.. w0000000000000000000t!!!!!

Wow. 48mb? Smells like 2.2. Let me see if it tastes like 2.2

Yeah it's the the mytouch 32b 2.2 update.
19th October 2010, 07:37 AM   |  #5  
Asadullah's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag casselberry
Thanks Meter: 296
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmatthews87

I was just browsing the other forums and it looks like it is 2.2.

http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...d.php?t=811349

the one on that post is 52 mb though

I got mine from here I won't touch that spl with a fifty foot stick though
19th October 2010, 07:39 AM   |  #6  
hexskrew's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
570 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Eh.... This is AOSP. What's the point? I don't really mean that sarcastically but.. Isn't the mytouch 2.2 supposed to have the rosie?
I guess this is a mytouch port of AOSP 2.2 to the hero?

Picks since no one else did it.

Last edited by hexskrew; 19th October 2010 at 07:46 AM.
19th October 2010, 07:46 AM   |  #7  
Asadullah's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag casselberry
Thanks Meter: 296
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexskrew

Eh.... This is AOSP. What's the point? I don't really mean that sarcastically but.. Isn't the mytouch 2.2 supposed to have the rosie?

Yeah that's a misconception people have. There probably won't be a sense froyo update till the mytouch slide gets it. The mytouch 32a might get it but I kinda doubt it since they didn't have sense to begin with. The point of this is that it's 2.2 with odex files and just so people know what the mytouch 32b update was all about cuz I'm sure someone wanted to know. Also I was bored

Nice pics by the way also wanted to say that this is what they got I only changed what I noted in the first post
Last edited by Asadullah; 19th October 2010 at 07:49 AM.
19th October 2010, 07:51 AM   |  #8  
hexskrew's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
570 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadullah

Yeah that's a misconception people have. There probably won't be a sense froyo update till the mytouch slide gets it. The mytouch 32a might get it but I kinda doubt it since they didn't have sense to begin with. The point of this is that it's 2.2 with odex files and just so people know what the mytouch 32b update was all about cuz I'm sure someone wanted to know. Also I was bored

Nice pics by the way also wanted to say that this is what they got I only changed what I noted in the first post

Well hell, if that's the case than this is pretty sweet. I noticed it running mighty fast on mah hero that usually laggs out if not at least a smidgen when I am running AOSP. I say this might be fiah for the AOSP Froyo!

Cyanogen-Modders, what say you? A rom upgrade to the project eh? Maybe we can finally have some CM6 with a healthy dose of no slowdowns/hickups!
19th October 2010, 07:59 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexskrew

Well hell, if that's the case than this is pretty sweet. I noticed it running mighty fast on mah hero that usually laggs out if not at least a smidgen when I am running AOSP. I say this might be fiah for the AOSP Froyo!

Cyanogen-Modders, what say you? A rom upgrade to the project eh? Maybe we can finally have some CM6 with a healthy dose of no slowdowns/hickups!

My phone already runs fine on CM6, no slowdowns unless I'm trying to do things while installing/updating apps. Running Deca's UncappedKernel (CFS) really helps
19th October 2010, 08:04 AM   |  #10  
Asadullah's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag casselberry
Thanks Meter: 296
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqkAudio

My phone already runs fine on CM6, no slowdowns unless I'm trying to do things while installing/updating apps. Running Deca's UncappedKernel (CFS) really helps

Yeah I personally don't have many problems with cm6 nightly. I will say that I ran decad3nces kernal in the original tmo bootimage in this rom and it flies

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes