FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

[MOD] Aperture Science boot & shutdown

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By HardcorePooka, Member on 19th October 2010, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So... I got bored, and decided to make a custom boot animation/sound & shutdown animation/sound based on one of my favorite video games Portal.

Then I decided that having it as a CWM update would be so much easier if people wanted to use it. So, for everyone who wants to try it out... http://hardcorepooka.com/android/Ape...enceUpdate.zip

Flash the update through CWM...
1. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
2. Choose "choose zip from sdcard"
3. Select ApertureScienceUpdate.zip
4. Choose yes.
5. Enjoy your new startup/shutdown

Keep in mind you'll need a kernel that supports bootanimation.zips for the boot animation to work. The rest will work without such a kernel.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if you brick your phone, burn down your house, or any other bad stuff that might happen. You do this at your own risk. I and others have tested this and it works fine for us. Your mileage may vary.

Updated: Also, I remade the boot animation in white as well.... http://hardcorepooka.com/android/whi...tanimation.zip

This is just the boot animation .zip, no sound, no shutdown animation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preview.jpg
Views:	7851
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	422583  
Last edited by HardcorePooka; 24th January 2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Updated link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardcorePooka For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st January 2011, 06:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Aw, the file is no longer hosted :(
Can anyone post another link to it?
21st January 2011, 07:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus Snape

Can anyone post another link to it?

it's available within Rom Manager, under SonofSkywalker3's Blackhole custom ROM
21st January 2011, 08:18 PM |#4  
Flag Grove City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
The link above doesn't work, and I have cheapo Rom Manager... can someone fix the link?
21st January 2011, 11:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Try PMing Pooka. I tried downloading it from Rom Manager but got a "Download error"
23rd January 2011, 06:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed this, and now when I flash a new boot/shutdown animation the aperture science logo still shows up at the end of the shutdown animation. The boot animation works perfectly though. Any idea how to fix this? I've flashed a deletebootani.zip, but that didn't seem to fix it either.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
24th January 2011, 02:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
No luck
I tried PMing him but I got no response :/
Anyone have it from when they downloaded it?
24th January 2011, 03:02 PM |#8  
Flag Weaverville, NC
Thanks Meter: 419

More
I want this... somebody please reupload. been trying to find one of these since I got my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
24th January 2011, 05:54 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Original link updated. Added white boot animation as well. Sorry guys, been away from XDA for a while.
24th January 2011, 06:37 PM |#10  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 124

More
HTC Aria support?
Is it possible I could install this on my Aria with the Liberated FR008 ROM? Thanks!

P.s. I was thinking of installing it manually and doing it through Root Explorer so I could save my originial boot animation.
24th January 2011, 09:27 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themacman1000

Is it possible I could install this on my Aria with the Liberated FR008 ROM? Thanks!

P.s. I was thinking of installing it manually and doing it through Root Explorer so I could save my originial boot animation.

The white one you can install manually. The CWM update you can just extract the boot animation out of and install manually.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread