[APP] T-Mobile TV from MyTouch 4G ROM.

Search This thread

teknodogg

Oct 18, 2010
Richardson, TX
not working on G1 ... CM6 froyo 2.2

=( guess I'll just keep using youtube/tv.com....was hoping it'll work so I can watch some live tv for free....guess not boooooooo!

raziel200

Aug 18, 2009
installs fine, opens good but other than that nadda the app is either real slow or not responding, i can hear voice but there is no video

dannerman

Oct 20, 2010
That's been happening to me all day today, although it worked fine yesterday. I think there might have been a change on the server side. I'm also not getting the list of networks for live TV anymore that I was getting yesterday. I'm guessing it might be along the bottom (which is cut off because of the resolution difference on the 3G Slide)

bennettm89

Aug 10, 2010
Hmm, I'm running CM6 (Nexus One) and mine just stays stuck at the T-mobile TV splash/loading screen..

gerikss

May 24, 2010
I installed the mobitv pulled from another build, and while it worked great, a $10 per month charge started showing up on my T-mobile bill. Just warning all to be careful. Had me subscribed to some Spanish networks and crap.

Yeah, got charged me too for using mobitv, I had to call them and unsubscribe...

Last edited:

AITT

Sep 1, 2010
Longhorns Texas
I was curious to try this and I guess that's why they want you to use your Data plan so they can charge you for. I'm AT&T so I hope I don't get some odd bill from T Mobile. But I think it said it couldn't access it anyways.

xculliber

Sep 20, 2010
Works. Need the work around though to force free trial extension. BTW, a search on the main search here for T-Mobile TV will yield results asserting it's a rebranded version of mobitv. I have never had mobitv…..if anyone can clarify this it would be good to know. I will say this is good with Rod's MIUI. Using 3G all the time, some loss of A/V sync at times but a restart sets it right.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Last edited:

asscobb

May 31, 2010
So, I've gotten into a situation here I can't figure out how to resolve. I installed and agreed to 30 day trial with the intention of unsubscribing after testing it. I tested the app, couldn't get any video to play and now the app won't launch anymore so I can't unsubscribe. I've wiped the data using titanium, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. I cannot get this app to go past the splash screen. I am on CM6. Any ideas?

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
it's crap on cyanogen. i've registered for the free trial, rebooted, wifi, all that. all it does is scroll through non-working screens left to right. occasionally it buffers some audio, but the interface is crap and unresponsive.

jdmarko

Jun 5, 2009
Works on Wifi after initial disconnect from wifi setup using Evil's latest Sense 1.24 and works best on Rod miui on 3G or wifi.

Yes, I can confirm that this does NOT work on CM6 (including nightlies as of this date), but it does work on MIUI. On ROMs where it doesn't work, it simply appears to be slow to respond, unresponsive, or quirky (occasional audio, rarely working video). I switched to Rod's MIUI v1.5 just to try this app... works perfectly!

What is it about the underlying ROM that makes this work or not work??

whohitme

May 26, 2010
I've tried it with evils last 2 roms (1.24 currently) and it works perfectly. Personally I don't think the app is worth a subscription. Would need some more channels for me. Its a nice start though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it working on mine. It keeps asking for the subscription thing. Theres some decent free stuff on it, but most of it you need a subscription for. Cool app none the less, thanks.