Post Reply

[APP][Apr. 8] TypoClock - typographic time/date widget [0.65]

OP Semicuda

21st October 2010, 09:53 PM   |  #101  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
nice work man!
will be a version for QVGA?
21st October 2010, 10:15 PM   |  #102  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Yes,please?

Sent from my GT-I5500 using XDA App
21st October 2010, 10:15 PM   |  #103  
Semicuda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Koblenz
Thanks Meter: 161
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Okay, the leak should be gone for good... it's running steady at 2,5-3MB now. Turns out it wasn't a fault in the app, but rather in Android: Typeface.createFromAsset is not cleaning up after itself correctly.

Now, it's time to find a new font which has better Unicode support and create some Layouts for H- and QVGA.
21st October 2010, 10:24 PM   |  #104  
frostman89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicuda

Okay, the leak should be gone for good... it's running steady at 2,5-3MB now. Turns out it wasn't a fault in the app, but rather in Android: Typeface.createFromAsset is not cleaning up after itself correctly.

Now, it's time to find a new font which has better Unicode support and create some Layouts for H- and QVGA.

Floats at a solid 3.7mb.

Glad you triangulated the problem.
21st October 2010, 10:44 PM   |  #105  
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 27
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Hey, could you look into this issue. After updating, some characters dont show up properly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
21st October 2010, 10:46 PM   |  #106  
Semicuda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Koblenz
Thanks Meter: 161
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanijelDesire

Hey, could you look into this issue. After updating, some characters dont show up properly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

I know! I'm adding a little roadmap to the first post now
21st October 2010, 10:59 PM   |  #107  
chancellorr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 58
 
627 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicuda

Okay, the leak should be gone for good... it's running steady at 2,5-3MB now. Turns out it wasn't a fault in the app, but rather in Android: Typeface.createFromAsset is not cleaning up after itself correctly.

Now, it's time to find a new font which has better Unicode support and create some Layouts for H- and QVGA.

I wish Helvetica Neue was free. It looks so good on my phone. ;]
21st October 2010, 11:05 PM   |  #108  
Semicuda's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Koblenz
Thanks Meter: 161
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancellorr

I wish Helvetica Neue was free. It looks so good on my phone. ;]

Well, basically it is not a problem to load an external font from a file on the SD card. But before that, I need to have some options in place to allow the user to adjust the position of each of the fields. Also, this would again allow using the system font.

It will come, but please don't ask how long this is going to take Right now, the priority is stability and support of the other common resolutions.
21st October 2010, 11:08 PM   |  #109  
Senior Member
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 7
 
298 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
any usable fonts in here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=797533 ?

brgds
Royan
21st October 2010, 11:38 PM   |  #110  
chancellorr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 58
 
627 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicuda

Well, basically it is not a problem to load an external font from a file on the SD card. But before that, I need to have some options in place to allow the user to adjust the position of each of the fields. Also, this would again allow using the system font.

It will come, but please don't ask how long this is going to take Right now, the priority is stability and support of the other common resolutions.

Haha, no rush. I'm just super pumped that you made this happen. It's seriously awesome!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Apps and Games by ThreadRank