Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Winamp for Android (Beta)

OP doomedromance

21st October 2010, 04:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Pearl City
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
Just released beta version of Winamp for android.
Winamp for Android: Now in Beta - Winamp Blog

Winamp, the Ultimate Media Player, is now available in beta on AndroidTM (Android 2.1 OS and above). It offers a complete media management solution by seamlessly syncing with the Winamp desktop library. In addition to high quality playback and persistent player controls, Winamp for Android offers wireless desktop sync with your Winamp desktop application (Winamp 5.59 beta required). Standard USB syncing also available.

Mobilize Your Library
A complete Android media management solution, that seamlessly syncs with your Winamp desktop library (USB or Wi-Fi).

Wireless Desktop Sync
No need to tie your Android phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind (Winamp 5.59 beta required).

Persistent Player Controls
Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what's playing and access the Winamp home screen.

Play Queue Management
The play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily select and sort tracks. And if you like, save it as a playlist.

Widget Players & Shortcuts
Add playlist shortcuts and the widget player to the Android home screen. As well as enable playback control from the lock-screen.

Now Playing
Displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube and the Amazon MP3 Store.

Scrobbling
Supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.

What You'll Need To Do:

- Download & install the beta version of the Winamp desktop application from the Winamp forums.

- From your Android phone, download & install the beta version of the Winamp for Android app. You can either scan the below QR code with your phone or search for Winamp in the Android Market.

The Following User Says Thank You to doomedromance For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2010, 04:37 AM   |  #2  

70 posts
Just found it in the market and was gonna make a post about it here. After fooling around with the app on my phone, I have to say it's pretty impressive for a first release. This is the first music app that I've seen that has basic UI elements well implemented. Definitely replacing Doubletwist on my phone.
21st October 2010, 04:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Pearl City

40 posts
More
Just connected my winamp through wifi. currently transfering new music to my phone over wifi. Works just like when you normally hook up devices with usb. About 10-15 secs per song to transfer.
21st October 2010, 05:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

463 posts
Wow, that's impressive. Getting now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
21st October 2010, 08:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

234 posts
Love it, replacing MixZing... but I cant manage to set the lock screen widget be the only lock screen...
21st October 2010, 08:47 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 31

141 posts
I can't seem to figure out where to go in Winamp to sync via Wifi. I've checked all through the menus, and I'm not seeing anything. Running the latest version of Winamp too. Any help?
21st October 2010, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 286

2,743 posts
Donate to Me
More
Pretty good but I'd still like to see the add/remove button for songs.
i.e closer to the vintage winamp <3.0 look
21st October 2010, 09:32 AM   |  #8  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348

1,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
My only issue with WinAmp (for the pc) is that even though I have a pro license, it always crashes after exactly 5 hours of use. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Hopefully the android app is a little better.
21st October 2010, 11:04 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 13

935 posts
More
Not bad at all but pale in comparision to PowerAMP.
21st October 2010, 01:24 PM   |  #10  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 76

585 posts
More
Those who try out Winamp should also try PowerAMP below You will not regret.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=813504

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread