Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Winamp for Android (Beta)

Tip us?

doomedromance
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Winamp for Android (Beta)

Just released beta version of Winamp for android.
Winamp for Android: Now in Beta - Winamp Blog

Winamp, the Ultimate Media Player, is now available in beta on AndroidTM (Android 2.1 OS and above). It offers a complete media management solution by seamlessly syncing with the Winamp desktop library. In addition to high quality playback and persistent player controls, Winamp for Android offers wireless desktop sync with your Winamp desktop application (Winamp 5.59 beta required). Standard USB syncing also available.

Mobilize Your Library
A complete Android media management solution, that seamlessly syncs with your Winamp desktop library (USB or Wi-Fi).

Wireless Desktop Sync
No need to tie your Android phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind (Winamp 5.59 beta required).

Persistent Player Controls
Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what's playing and access the Winamp home screen.

Play Queue Management
The play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily select and sort tracks. And if you like, save it as a playlist.

Widget Players & Shortcuts
Add playlist shortcuts and the widget player to the Android home screen. As well as enable playback control from the lock-screen.

Now Playing
Displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube and the Amazon MP3 Store.

Scrobbling
Supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.

What You'll Need To Do:

- Download & install the beta version of the Winamp desktop application from the Winamp forums.

- From your Android phone, download & install the beta version of the Winamp for Android app. You can either scan the below QR code with your phone or search for Winamp in the Android Market.

The Following User Says Thank You to doomedromance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m2thedeep
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just found it in the market and was gonna make a post about it here. After fooling around with the app on my phone, I have to say it's pretty impressive for a first release. This is the first music app that I've seen that has basic UI elements well implemented. Definitely replacing Doubletwist on my phone.

doomedromance
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Just connected my winamp through wifi. currently transfering new music to my phone over wifi. Works just like when you normally hook up devices with usb. About 10-15 secs per song to transfer.

fatttire
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Wow, that's impressive. Getting now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Rosco911
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Love it, replacing MixZing... but I cant manage to set the lock screen widget be the only lock screen...

Krynj
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I can't seem to figure out where to go in Winamp to sync via Wifi. I've checked all through the menus, and I'm not seeing anything. Running the latest version of Winamp too. Any help?

britoso
Old
Thanks Meter 282

DONATE TO ME
Pretty good but I'd still like to see the add/remove button for songs.
i.e closer to the vintage winamp <3.0 look
Software Developer (Java/J2EE)
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB -> PA 4.4.2 + XPosed
Phone: Galaxy Nexus-> OmniMetal CM11
Phone: Nexus One (killed while replacing the digitizer)-> CM10.1 AOKP Unofficial Nightlies
Tablet
: Nook Color -> CM10.1 Nightlies
Tablet
: HP Touchpad -> CM10.1 -SCHIZOID
Stick: CX-919 RK3188/2GB (4.2.2 Finless 1.6b. FHD no-OC. Antutu 16753 Quadrant 4723)

Links:
»My Apps (ancient now) [CPUStatusLED] [MoreRecent]
»My Threads
»My Posts
»Transparent widgets

Dave the Knave
Old
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
My only issue with WinAmp (for the pc) is that even though I have a pro license, it always crashes after exactly 5 hours of use. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. Hopefully the android app is a little better.
Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Task650 AOKP Build 7/20/2013b
JB 4.2.2
Primary Phone

Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 Build #1012
AOKP Milestone 6
ICS 4.0.4
Backup Phone

Reading XDA makes me want to slam my head against a wall after just 5 minutes.

owziee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Not bad at all but pale in comparision to PowerAMP.
Google Nexus 4 & 7....
-------------------------------------------

eozen81
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Those who try out Winamp should also try PowerAMP below You will not regret.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=813504