Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

process com.android.setupwizard stopped unexpectedly

OP iamdavid

22nd October 2010, 06:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Ok so I installed both cyanogen and google apps roms and everything. my phone booted up with the cyanogen logo and everything. but, it won't go past the google setup. i keep getting the "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again" message. I've forced closed it bout 20 times already and it won't go past that message. any ideas how i can fix this? thanks!

p.s.
i did do a nandroid backup so if i need to go back to that what would i do next?
22nd October 2010, 04:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 231

3,349 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdavid

Ok so I installed both cyanogen and google apps roms and everything. my phone booted up with the cyanogen logo and everything. but, it won't go past the google setup. i keep getting the "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again" message. I've forced closed it bout 20 times already and it won't go past that message. any ideas how i can fix this? thanks!

p.s.
i did do a nandroid backup so if i need to go back to that what would i do next?

Kick back to your nand, delete the rom and gapps, redownload them and reflash. It's possible that you just got a bad dl of one or the other. Make sure you wipe data and dalvik. I had this issue once, banged my head on the wall and just decided to get rid of it all and try again.
24th October 2010, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 828

4,540 posts
Yes same for me the whole time it was a bad download good luck

Root-Hack-Mod-Always™
7th March 2011, 04:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

459 posts
this happened to me - I can get into the phone but nothing works - just blank screen with that error coming up frist - tried erasing everything, wipe dalvik cache, user cache, factory reset, etc. - then tried reflashing rom via CWM - still nothing works - my home and back buttons are also gone
7th March 2011, 04:52 PM   |  #5  
Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 6

149 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkadelick

this happened to me - I can get into the phone but nothing works - just blank screen with that error coming up frist - tried erasing everything, wipe dalvik cache, user cache, factory reset, etc. - then tried reflashing rom via CWM - still nothing works - my home and back buttons are also gone

Do you have any nandriod backups? If so, run the backup and see what happens.
21st October 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
process com.huawei.setup_tmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by user7618

Kick back to your nand, delete the rom and gapps, redownload them and reflash. It's possible that you just got a bad dl of one or the other. Make sure you wipe data and dalvik. I had this issue once, banged my head on the wall and just decided to get rid of it all and try again.

i stuck with the same issue on my mytouch q but i dont have a nanoid, need help,
dont wanna buy a new phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread