process com.android.setupwizard stopped unexpectedly

Search This thread

iamdavid

Oct 22, 2010
Ok so I installed both cyanogen and google apps roms and everything. my phone booted up with the cyanogen logo and everything. but, it won't go past the google setup. i keep getting the "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again" message. I've forced closed it bout 20 times already and it won't go past that message. any ideas how i can fix this? thanks!

p.s.
i did do a nandroid backup so if i need to go back to that what would i do next?

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Ok so I installed both cyanogen and google apps roms and everything. my phone booted up with the cyanogen logo and everything. but, it won't go past the google setup. i keep getting the "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again" message. I've forced closed it bout 20 times already and it won't go past that message. any ideas how i can fix this? thanks!

p.s.
i did do a nandroid backup so if i need to go back to that what would i do next?

Kick back to your nand, delete the rom and gapps, redownload them and reflash. It's possible that you just got a bad dl of one or the other. Make sure you wipe data and dalvik. :) I had this issue once, banged my head on the wall and just decided to get rid of it all and try again.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Yes same for me the whole time it was a bad download good luck

Root-Hack-Mod-Always™

Funkadelick

Aug 6, 2010
this happened to me - I can get into the phone but nothing works - just blank screen with that error coming up frist - tried erasing everything, wipe dalvik cache, user cache, factory reset, etc. - then tried reflashing rom via CWM - still nothing works - my home and back buttons are also gone

waffle_

Mar 7, 2011
Gainesville, FL
this happened to me - I can get into the phone but nothing works - just blank screen with that error coming up frist - tried erasing everything, wipe dalvik cache, user cache, factory reset, etc. - then tried reflashing rom via CWM - still nothing works - my home and back buttons are also gone

Do you have any nandriod backups? If so, run the backup and see what happens.

mrtsam

Oct 21, 2014
process com.huawei.setup_tmo

Kick back to your nand, delete the rom and gapps, redownload them and reflash. It's possible that you just got a bad dl of one or the other. Make sure you wipe data and dalvik. :) I had this issue once, banged my head on the wall and just decided to get rid of it all and try again.

i stuck with the same issue on my mytouch q but i dont have a nanoid, need help,
dont wanna buy a new phone