Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S User Contemplating Desire HD

Tip us?

StellaDel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Galaxy S User Contemplating Desire HD

I have had the Samsung Galaxy S for about a month now and played around with it quite a bit. Having had Winmo, and Blackberry devices before I quite like the Android OS. The GPS on the sammy is quite frankly crap, the main selling point for me was the AMOLED screen, but I find myself dimming it down to preserve battery life which isn't that great. I HATE KIES, what a terrible bit of software that is, apart from that the device is very good.

But now I am being drawn to the Dark Side and looking at the Desire HD and don't read the same amount of negativity I do with the sammy, and it seems size does matter - that extra 0.3 inches!!!

Anyone played with both devices that can give me some objective pro's and con's, it would be very much appreciated.

Iarwa1N
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I really like to know this too cause i'm between buying a Captivate or Desire HD.

themonkster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
There's a full thread further down on the forum Galaxy S vs Desire HD.

Sent from my Hero Froyo'd Villian 1.5

StellaDel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iarwa1N View Post
I really like to know this too cause i'm between buying a Captivate or Desire HD.
Yep, found it after I posted this, just ordered the Desire HD, going to give the Samsung to the missus and keep the little woman happy

AndyCr15
Old
Thanks Meter 136

DONATE TO ME
For anyone else that might be looking, I'm an SGS owner, looking at the DHD, here is my review

http://hemorrdroids.net/htc-desire-hd-review/
AndroidAndyUK - Android reviews
HTC Universal --> HTC TyTn II --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Hero --> HTC Nexus One --> Samsung Galaxy S --> HTC Desire HD --> HTC G2 --> Samsung Nexus S --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> Samsung Galaxy Note --> Galaxy Nexus --> HTC One X --> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> S3 LTE -> HTC One -> Samsung Galaxy S4 -> Moto G, Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy Tab --> Advent Vega --> Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 --> Nexus 7

Hero Yu
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Can the desire hd do tv out without using dlna? Such as 3.5mm jack?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App