Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Sooo,I'm kinda confused...

OP xxflyingarmbarxx

23rd October 2010, 11:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

100 posts
I been seeing lately the the new Mytouch HD has also been dubbed the Mytouch 4G which kinda makes no sense to me. My Mytouch Slide picks up the HSPA± signal alost everywhere I go (except in my house of course :l ) and from what I've read that's the only,techicnally 4G network,that T-mo plans to put out. So the MTHD being called the MT4G seems silly. Unless there's something I don't know,in which one of the great members of XDA could fill me in on =D

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
23rd October 2010, 11:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

216 posts
While you can use the HSPA+ network and will see some boost, the Slide isn't made to handle the full bandwidth available to it. If you were to use it and the 4G side be side, I'm sure you'd see a considerable difference.
23rd October 2010, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 243

1,134 posts
More
We can use towers that are rated 4G but will never reach the 21.1 Mbps. I thought hspa+ was their high end 4G, and standard 4G was just hspa. I only say that because UTMS is 3G, not hspa.
24th October 2010, 05:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tacoma
Thanks Meter: 390

697 posts
Donate to Me
More
Except HSPA and HSPA+ are really expanded 3G services. 4G is LTE and Wimax. It's just that sprint's wimax is so slow.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
25th October 2010, 07:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Well if you want to be technical, as it stands neither LTE or WiMax are 4G compliant.
25th October 2010, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 59

1,158 posts
More
Remember, when the iPhone 4g (or was it 3g?) came out, it was ONLY a name, it did not mean it supported 4g (or 3g) speeds...
30th October 2010, 02:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 11

298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilama

Well if you want to be technical, as it stands neither LTE or WiMax are 4G compliant.

Agreed wholeheartedly! No service provider has 4g and out of them all Tmobile has the fastest data connection. If you are in a hspa + area.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App
30th October 2010, 04:01 AM   |  #8  
Flag vacaville
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
More
My phone stay on this speed. After I flashed that new rom with 2.2.1 I've had this "H" for a long time. That's the only network I get unless I'm in my house then I get edge coverage lolz.

send from mytouch 3g bruh

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread