ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

OTA update now available for DESIRE HD

OP apprentice

23rd October 2010, 03:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 280

796 posts
More
Originally Posted by pizzaman79
Update HTC Desire HD Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
You can now download the latest software update for new features and improved performance. It wont delete any of your content and wed recommend using a Wi-Fi connection as this is a large update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. Any questions? Contact us via www.htc.com. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software number). The new Software number will be 1.32.405.3

Update Information: Screen control and photo message compatibility enhancements

Note: We still recommend you back up your all personal data first.

I have just installed it and not noticed any difference (though my phone does not suffer with the proximity sensor problem reported by some)
23rd October 2010, 03:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice

I have just installed it and not noticed any difference (though my phone does not suffer with the proximity sensor problem reported by some)

I've also not yet had a problem with the proxy sensor. My old version was 1.28.405.1 so i'm just updating now.
23rd October 2010, 06:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
More
Cant seem to download this - am totally new to Smartphones - would I just download this to my PC or is there some other process ??
23rd October 2010, 06:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 278

649 posts
More
@crossbox : Goto > Settings > About phone > System software updates.

It is best to update via wifi for fastest download, once downloaded, select install.

phone will reboot, can take a little while to reboot so makes sure you let it restart by itself.
23rd October 2010, 06:30 PM   |  #5  

44 posts
More
Brilliant - thanks

Don't know why they don't have those instructions on the HTC page - fools
23rd October 2010, 06:57 PM   |  #6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 18

314 posts
More
When i update my phone turns off and stays off . it doesn't restart
any ideas??
23rd October 2010, 08:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

140 posts
just updated 1mon ago.

the process is simple, as usual, the key is always " DONT PANIC!"

go to manu - setting - about phone - system software updates - check now, and follow the on screen instruction.

The phone will restart a few times showing different screens, sometimes it looks like the phone is dead but its actually installing the update at background. during this process:
Dont remove the battery,
Dont force restart,
Dont press random keys,
and DONT PANIC!

the phone will do a full restart at the end of it and show up an system notification that the software has been upated to version 1.32.405.3
23rd October 2010, 09:15 PM   |  #8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 18

314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezent

just updated 1mon ago.

the process is simple, as usual, the key is always " DONT PANIC!"

go to manu - setting - about phone - system software updates - check now, and follow the on screen instruction.

The phone will restart a few times showing different screens, sometimes it looks like the phone is dead but its actually installing the update at background. during this process:
Dont remove the battery,
Dont force restart,
Dont press random keys,
and DONT PANIC!

the phone will do a full restart at the end of it and show up an system notification that the software has been upated to version 1.32.405.3

i know how the process works i have done it many times in the past. when the phone restarts it just stays off, i've left it for over 20mins and nothing. I have a feeling its because the phone is locked to tmobile.
23rd October 2010, 11:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Amsterdam

96 posts
More
Hey guys,

My phone had problems answering calls when i picked the phone from my pocket, it would either hang people up or make the screen disfunctioning, and make it impossible to slide the bar up or down.

after the update tried it a couple of times and the problem seems to be fixed!
23rd October 2010, 11:29 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 68

227 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've also got a T-Mobile locked device and I can't install the update either. Annoying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread