OTA update now available for DESIRE HD

Search This thread

apprentice

Apr 22, 2005
NORWICH, England
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Originally Posted by pizzaman79
Update – HTC Desire HD Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
You can now download the latest software update for new features and improved performance. It won’t delete any of your content and we’d recommend using a Wi-Fi connection as this is a large update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. Any questions? Contact us via www.htc.com. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software number). The new Software number will be 1.32.405.3

Update Information: Screen control and photo message compatibility enhancements

Note: We still recommend you back up your all personal data first.

I have just installed it and not noticed any difference (though my phone does not suffer with the proximity sensor problem reported by some)

crossbox

Oct 12, 2010
Cant seem to download this - am totally new to Smartphones - would I just download this to my PC or is there some other process ??

HasC

Mar 2, 2006
@crossbox : Goto > Settings > About phone > System software updates.

It is best to update via wifi for fastest download, once downloaded, select install.

phone will reboot, can take a little while to reboot so makes sure you let it restart by itself.

kingcedz

Feb 16, 2010
just updated 1mon ago.

the process is simple, as usual, the key is always " DONT PANIC!"

go to manu - setting - about phone - system software updates - check now, and follow the on screen instruction.

The phone will restart a few times showing different screens, sometimes it looks like the phone is dead but its actually installing the update at background. during this process:
Dont remove the battery,
Dont force restart,
Dont press random keys,
and DONT PANIC!

the phone will do a full restart at the end of it and show up an system notification that the software has been upated to version 1.32.405.3

oawalker

Dec 16, 2009
London
www.youtube.com
just updated 1mon ago.

the process is simple, as usual, the key is always " DONT PANIC!"

go to manu - setting - about phone - system software updates - check now, and follow the on screen instruction.

The phone will restart a few times showing different screens, sometimes it looks like the phone is dead but its actually installing the update at background. during this process:
Dont remove the battery,
Dont force restart,
Dont press random keys,
and DONT PANIC!

the phone will do a full restart at the end of it and show up an system notification that the software has been upated to version 1.32.405.3

i know how the process works i have done it many times in the past. when the phone restarts it just stays off, i've left it for over 20mins and nothing. I have a feeling its because the phone is locked to tmobile.

Bartkevin

Jan 22, 2010
Amsterdam
Hey guys,

My phone had problems answering calls when i picked the phone from my pocket, it would either hang people up or make the screen disfunctioning, and make it impossible to slide the bar up or down.

after the update tried it a couple of times and the problem seems to be fixed!

frottage

Aug 27, 2007
I too am locked to T-mobile UK and the update worked a treat for me - incidentally HTC sense.com wasnt working very well prior to the update but its now working a treat

mupet0000

Sep 16, 2010
Update worked fine for me, I didn't have the proximity issue in the first place though. My device was T-Mobile locked but I've unlocked it before the update.

Seraphic

Aug 22, 2004
www.whatstevedid.com
Bit of a farce to get it installed on mine in the end. Created a goldcard and manually installed it using the recovery menu in the bootloader. Worked a treat.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

ohforfs

Sep 9, 2010
Could someone answer these two questions please? :)

(1) Will it install for 3 UK phones?

(2) What's better after applying this software update? Battery?

Thanks