Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (HTC HD2) How do I restart Sense when it is frozen? (Without restarting device)

Tip us?

johnny1178
Old
(Last edited by johnny1178; 23rd October 2010 at 04:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] (HTC HD2) How do I restart Sense when it is frozen? (Without restarting device)

I have a T-Mobile HTC HD2. I do NOT want to update it or do anything that requires a factory reset. Whenever my Sense application freezes (quite often, and usually when I open a new text), I am unable to access the Settings menu to turn off or restart Sense in the Today Screen settings, because I cannot GET to the Today settings. It simply does nothing when I tap "Settings" in the start menu. If I have to restart the phone, it takes approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds to turn back on, which is unacceptable. I want to know how to restart a frozen Sense without restarting the Device (in a minute or less). I have tried ReSense and it does not work. I have also tried looking for the Today settings application in the File Explorer, with no success there either.

ElCondor
Old
Retired News Writer
Thanks Meter 26
Try to use CleanRAM, and select level 3. Hope this helps, Google will be your friend.
-EC

Need a Designer for your Work? Do not hesitate to contact me!

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
| AOKP Milestone 4 | Franco.Kernel Milestone 2 | ICS 4.0.3

Donate to developers rather than to XDA.

johnny1178
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! That worked to restart Sense and speed up my phone as well.

Marne Jr
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Hi guys,

I will let my experience here...

I had a very specific kind of freeze tha happened about 3 months since the last hard reset.

This freeze occurs this way:

- Someday (i don't know how and neither why...) when my phone restarts after about 2 to 5 minutes it freeze if still on any sense screen... and nothing works, except for push windows button that make it goes to start screen... On windows screen if I wait more than a minute to do something it freezes again and I need to push windows button again, then I can go to my folders and run any program...

- sometimes it just freezes if I push lock\end button and when I try to slide the unlocker it freezes and the only thing that works again is the start button.

- If I restart my HD2 without the memory card inside I never get any freezing at all...

- The solution: I deleted (on storage card) the "HTC" folder (in the "application data" folder and every file called "device" or "album" or "thumbnail" on storage card. On restart the phone create new files and foders like that, but the freezes disapears !!!