Rom_Kitchen is a collaboration of DocRambone, Stefunel and Tricky103
The Magical ROM Kitchen V2
This is a on-line rom creator that give you:
- An easy way to generate custom roms
- Create a rom from your mobile browser
- Stable and fast base roms
- Choose the components you like is your rom, without any additional add-ons
- Multiple theme choices, made by the BEST theme creators
- Multiple kernel choices, made by the BEST kernel developers
- Multiple modems for your location, and our modem guru:Pele78, to guide you
- Selection of CSC for your region and operator
- Tweaks selections for additional functions
- Boot animations
- Forgot an app?, use the update.zip generator and add apps to system without need of a new rom.
- Mobile version added: Mobile kitchen
..:: Current Releases ::..
XWJS8/JVJ/ZSJPK Kitchen for SGS and Captivate
XXJVK BETA Kitchen
..:: News ::..
- Open beta kitchen: http://romkitchen.org/beta/
- Tricky103 joined ROM kitchen team
- Added a New install guide link: Link (by flip360 and perka)
- Added boot animations
- We have a NEW server thanks to Thomas
- New Domain: http://romkitchen.org
- IRC support channel for the romkitchen is now open.
..:: Reviews and user reports ::..
Androidguys made a nice walk-trough with screens: Link
Another post that presents the Romkitchen, this time from and.roid.es Link
XDA portal :
XDA portal has found the kitchen XDA post :
" It’s absolutely an innovative and new alternative to the usual ROMs that are being provided by the chefs.
So we’re really wondering what will happen with good old ROM chefs and the way we were used to download ROMs and test them – we guess this must be another symptom of ORD, we are almost having a nostalgic feeling about it.
We’ll see what the future brings."
A nice review posted at http://briefmobile.com Link
Deutscher Android Blog:
A review/blogpost: Deutscher Android Blog, Link
A very Special thanks to the Helpers and beta testers, without you this would be difficult
- Based on XWJS/8/ZSJPG/ZSJPK ( Froyo 2.2.1). Check kitchen for version.
- Apps and framework carefully optimized
- PNG's optimized
- Latest SU and Busybox (THANKS Bo$$).
- Clockworkmod Recovery (in kernel)
- BLN support (BacklightNotification, enable via CWM, support of BLN is dependant of the kernel of choice)
- Big APN list
- Fat.format and zipalign added
- Fully functional startup scripts
- Wifi fix (Thanks Hardcore)
- Phone.apk without increasing ringing added
- Fully compatible with CWM 3.0 (for I9000) (thanks, Jim Panse and intronauta for help)
- Big CSC selection. To change csc in the multicsc : enter *#272*xxxx# where xxxx is your IMEI
Help sheet for RomKitchen
A help sheet for selections for the rom kitchen by Marcedli Link
Guide by Tricky103
- Hardcore's kernel: Link
- Supercurio's kernel: Link
- Trasig's kernel: Link (in beta)
- DamianGto's kernel: Link
- Laststufo's kernel: Link
- Tegrak's kernel: Link (in beta)
Note: The voodoo kernels (Supercurio and Trasig) will convert the filesystem in boot.
If you do not want this (recommended):
Create a folder on internal sd called voodoo and place another folder inside it called disable-lagfix
Note: - ONLY USE CW3 COMPATIBLE UPDATE.ZIP PACKAGES with Trasig's kernels
Guide by Pele78
GPS performance guide by Cypher_X
- Bell JK4
More modems here Link
- ADW launcher
- TW launcher
- GTG465x TW_Launcher : Link
- Go launcher
- Launcher pro 0.8.3
- Swype keyboards
- Samsung standard and EURO keybords
- Samsung Chinese Keyboard
- Gingerbread Keyboard fully functional (thanks Jim Panse)
- Voltage control : Link
- Z4 Control : Link
- Faster fix : Link
- SGS tools : Link
- Damian Tweak
- LCD Density Changer
- WPA Supplicant selector
(only framework themed for now)
- Standard SGS
- Stansted with AOSP lockscreen
- DocTheme v4 Screens
- Generation X v1.14 theme, JPUXY : Link
- GingerMix v4 : Link
- JPU Andromeda Galassia AOSP extended powermenu : Link
- Jumba's NeonGT JPY 1.5 : Link
- 64 Theme 27-12-1 JPUXY color GB anim : Link
..:: How to use the Kitchen ::..
Enter the kitchen here: Kitchen
Or the moble version: Mobile kitchen
1: Choose the wipe or non wipe base rom (wipe recommended )
2: Selected the components you like to have in your rom
3: Press generate (only one time). Wait for the magic to happen.
4: Download the cooked rom and install it from recovery
A large number of boot animations added
Preview here: Animations preview
..::HOW TO INSTALL ::..
If you have Kitchen rom installed:
1: Place doc rom on internal sd
2: Enter recovery
3: Factory reset (if you install new base rom OR the previous rom had a voodoo kernel AND you want to wipe)
4: Install docrom
Bell users: this way to install Link
If you have older rom : (2.1) or CM rom etc
And a nice install guide: Link
..::Themes and theme templates for kitchen ::..
Theme template (all sgs stock, XXJPY). Used for creating themes. No need to flash this when installing rom
Theme template (AOSP lockscreen, XXJPY).
Theme template ( AOSP Lockscreen, menu button fix, XXJPY)
Theme template ( AOSP Lockscreen, menu button fix, + Extended Power Menu XXJPY)
Doc theme v2, Samsung lockscreen
Doctheme v2, XXJPY
Doc theme v2, AOSP lockscreen
Doctheme v2 aosp, XXJPY
..:: Donations ::..
We work hard on making this fully working kitchen with frequent additions.
Any donations are welcome.
..:: Kitchen change-log ::..
2011-05-10; JVH base added
2011-04-10: ZSJPK v11.1 added, bugfixes in base, Tegrak kernel added
2011-04-03: ZSJPK v11 added
2011-03-30: XXJVK V1.3 added, updated scripts, smaller bugfixes
2011-03-28: XXJVK V1.2 added
2011-03-27: XXJVK beta
2011-03-24: V10 ZSJPJ
2011-03-19: V10_beta ZSJPJ base
2011-03-16: V9.9.5 base XWJS8
2011-03-10: v9.9 added, new modems added, updated some apps
2011-03-08: V9.8.1: removed fugu tweak and big hosts file. V9.9 ZSJPG new base
2011-03-07: JS7 base added
2011-02-13: Mobile version added, base rom updates, updated apps, more update.zip options
2011-01-31 - 2011-02-11: JS 5 base added
2011-01-23 - 2011-01-31: Kernel and csc updates, phone.apk bugfix.
2011-01-23: Sound selector added, base v9.1.4: jpa wifi fix added
2011-01-23: Boot animations in all kitchen, more csc added, Tegrak's kernel in beta added
2011-01-22: Boot animations added to Beta kitchen
2011-01-19: Bases to v9.1.3: updated busybox, new wipe script, added phone.apk selector,
Updated Voodoo Kernel - 5.2, Thinkdroid, LauncherPRO to 0.8.3, Layar-samsung, aldiko added
2011-01-19: Base v9.1.2 (updated market, better wipe), Version WWJS3 added to open,
2011-01-18: Beta: updated base, v9.1 with 4 lock fixa and wipe script fix.
2 themes: XWJS3 stock and aosp, update Lastsufo kernel
2011-01-17: One more script fix, all ok now i hope, bases to V8.1.1 and V9.0.1
2011-01-17: Open kitchen: base 8.1: fixed scripts. Beta kitchen: new base rom: XWJS3
2011-01-17: Kitchen v2 open, new csc selector. Base v8
2011-01-16: New modem added: I9000DTJP3, updated kernels, BIG update for Captivate.
2011-01-15: Base v7.9.5 in open kitchen
2011-01-14: Beta, new v7.9.5 base, Open: new kernels, added new apps
2011-01-13: Kitchen: new hardcore kernel. Beta: new updater-scripts, Ginger keyboard added, Go launcher added
2011-01-12: Kitchen updated: New 7.9 bases with support for CW 3.0 recovery, Update.zip generator added, Updated themes with battery charge bug fixed, new kernels
2011-01-11: Beta kitchen upgrade, Update.zip generator added, all themes updated. Wipe and no wipe bases
2011-01-10: Added new k12K kernel, added more info on modems and kernels, added launcher pro, updated ZEAM, updated build info (beta)
2011-01-09: Big kitchen update: New baserom v7.5 XXJPY, JPP and JP3 modems added, new Lastsufo kernel, New themes, all themes optimized,
Added new tweaks: daimians tweak, wpa selector, lcd density changer.
2011-01-08: Big beta kitchen update: New baserom v7.5 XXJPY, new Lastsufo kernel, New themes, all themes optimized,
Added new tweaks: daimians tweak, wpa selector, lcd density changer.
Bugfixes, minor fixes and tweaks
2011-01-07 : Added Theme support, removed launcher pro
2011-01-04 : Added new Hardcore 12i 500 kernel, Added gtg465x TW_Launcher, added Chinese keyboard, added Z4 control, added voltage control
2011-01-03 : Updated base 7.1.1, updated DamianGTO_JPX_300HZ_3A kernel, Added JL2 modem, Go launcher added
Zeam updated 2.8.6, samsung EURO keyboard added, MUIU music added. Fasterfix added,
New cook loog
2011-01-01 : Updated Zeam, hardcore and trasig kernels. Added Swype selector, more kernels. Captivate version added
2010-12-30 : initial setup with bugfixes and additions
..:: Bug Reports and install errors ::..
Bug/issue status: Link (thanks to HSAgoo)
If you find some bugs, please provide as much details as possible:
ROM version, both before and after your flash.
Factory reset or not, before install or after
- I strongly advice you to disable any lagfixes when upgrade to new roms or install new kernels.
- Always flash rom with FULLY charged battery
- Make backup of efs-folder (with Root Explorer or ADB)
- Do NOT restore system data, if you upgrade from 2.1 (Eclair)
- Do not factory reset phone if you have removed any apps from the base rom.
If you want to factory reset, flash the base rom before again if you made any changes
- If you do a factory reset after install: lancher pro, sgs tools. gallery etc will be deleted.
!!Please read before posting questions!!.
- What modem in the BEST?: Guide by Pele78
- Battery questions: Battery
- What does deodexed mean?: ReadMe.
- What does zip-aligned mean?: ReadMe.
- You can read and search for answers on how to back up and restore you phone using a recovery image using Clockworkmod Recovery already integrated into this ROM: Clockworkmod Recovery.
- BacklightNotification (BLN) - use back and menu buttons as led notification. Enabled via integrated Clockworkmod: ReadMe on how to use.
- Universal Lagfix (OLCF/EXT4/JFS) Read before asking on how to apply lagfix, BLN, Tweaks and search for recommendations: !ReadMe!.
- Kernel by Hardcore (Kernel - central part of Linux and Android OS) is optimised for speed: More info.
- Startup tweaks (Enabled via Clockworkmod Recovery) - recommended harmless tweaks to increase phone responsiveness: More info.
- This ROM might be incompatible with US, Brazilian, Korean or Canadian versions of Galaxy S. Make sure your phone is supported before flashing.
- Make sure to read and search these links/posts before asking question.
CRED to a lot of people:
Baron RichtHofen, Cyanogen, Sztupy, Tayutama, Hardcore, Supercurio and many more!
Cred to xero2002 and Dupel for the post layout, thanks