" It’s absolutely an innovative and new alternative to the usual ROMs that are being provided by the chefs.
So we’re really wondering what will happen with good old ROM chefs and the way we were used to download ROMs and test them – we guess this must be another symptom of ORD, we are almost having a nostalgic feeling about it.
We’ll see what the future brings."
A very Special thanks to the Helpers and beta testers, without you this would be difficult
- Based on XWJS/8/ZSJPG/ZSJPK ( Froyo 2.2.1). Check kitchen for version.
- Apps and framework carefully optimized
- PNG's optimized
- Latest SU and Busybox (THANKS Bo$$).
- Clockworkmod Recovery (in kernel)
- BLN support (BacklightNotification, enable via CWM, support of BLN is dependant of the kernel of choice)
- Big APN list
- Fat.format and zipalign added
- Fully functional startup scripts
- Wifi fix (Thanks Hardcore)
- Phone.apk without increasing ringing added
- Fully compatible with CWM 3.0 (for I9000) (thanks, Jim Panse and intronauta for help)
- Big CSC selection. To change csc in the multicsc : enter *#272*xxxx# where xxxx is your IMEI
Help sheet for RomKitchen
A help sheet for selections for the rom kitchen by Marcedli Link
- Hardcore's kernel: Link
- Supercurio's kernel: Link
- Trasig's kernel: Link (in beta)
- DamianGto's kernel: Link
- Laststufo's kernel: Link
- Tegrak's kernel: Link (in beta)
Note: The voodoo kernels (Supercurio and Trasig) will convert the filesystem in boot.
If you do not want this (recommended):
Create a folder on internal sd called voodoo and place another folder inside it called disable-lagfix
Note: - ONLY USE CW3 COMPATIBLE UPDATE.ZIP PACKAGES with Trasig's kernels
1: Choose the wipe or non wipe base rom (wipe recommended )
2: Selected the components you like to have in your rom
3: Press generate (only one time). Wait for the magic to happen.
4: Download the cooked rom and install it from recovery
We work hard on making this fully working kitchen with frequent additions.
Any donations are welcome.
..:: Kitchen change-log ::..
2011-05-10; JVH base added
2011-04-10: ZSJPK v11.1 added, bugfixes in base, Tegrak kernel added
2011-04-03: ZSJPK v11 added
2011-03-30: XXJVK V1.3 added, updated scripts, smaller bugfixes
2011-03-28: XXJVK V1.2 added
2011-03-27: XXJVK beta
2011-03-24: V10 ZSJPJ
2011-03-19: V10_beta ZSJPJ base
2011-03-16: V9.9.5 base XWJS8
2011-03-10: v9.9 added, new modems added, updated some apps
2011-03-08: V9.8.1: removed fugu tweak and big hosts file. V9.9 ZSJPG new base
2011-03-07: JS7 base added
2011-02-13: Mobile version added, base rom updates, updated apps, more update.zip options
2011-01-31 - 2011-02-11: JS 5 base added
2011-01-23 - 2011-01-31: Kernel and csc updates, phone.apk bugfix.
2011-01-23: Sound selector added, base v9.1.4: jpa wifi fix added
2011-01-23: Boot animations in all kitchen, more csc added, Tegrak's kernel in beta added
2011-01-22: Boot animations added to Beta kitchen
2011-01-19: Bases to v9.1.3: updated busybox, new wipe script, added phone.apk selector,
Updated Voodoo Kernel - 5.2, Thinkdroid, LauncherPRO to 0.8.3, Layar-samsung, aldiko added
2011-01-19: Base v9.1.2 (updated market, better wipe), Version WWJS3 added to open,
2011-01-18: Beta: updated base, v9.1 with 4 lock fixa and wipe script fix.
2 themes: XWJS3 stock and aosp, update Lastsufo kernel
2011-01-17: One more script fix, all ok now i hope, bases to V8.1.1 and V9.0.1
2011-01-17: Open kitchen: base 8.1: fixed scripts. Beta kitchen: new base rom: XWJS3
2011-01-17: Kitchen v2 open, new csc selector. Base v8
2011-01-16: New modem added: I9000DTJP3, updated kernels, BIG update for Captivate.
2011-01-15: Base v7.9.5 in open kitchen
2011-01-14: Beta, new v7.9.5 base, Open: new kernels, added new apps
2011-01-13: Kitchen: new hardcore kernel. Beta: new updater-scripts, Ginger keyboard added, Go launcher added
2011-01-12: Kitchen updated: New 7.9 bases with support for CW 3.0 recovery, Update.zip generator added, Updated themes with battery charge bug fixed, new kernels
2011-01-11: Beta kitchen upgrade, Update.zip generator added, all themes updated. Wipe and no wipe bases
2011-01-10: Added new k12K kernel, added more info on modems and kernels, added launcher pro, updated ZEAM, updated build info (beta)
2011-01-09: Big kitchen update: New baserom v7.5 XXJPY, JPP and JP3 modems added, new Lastsufo kernel, New themes, all themes optimized,
Added new tweaks: daimians tweak, wpa selector, lcd density changer.
2011-01-08: Big beta kitchen update: New baserom v7.5 XXJPY, new Lastsufo kernel, New themes, all themes optimized,
Added new tweaks: daimians tweak, wpa selector, lcd density changer.
Bugfixes, minor fixes and tweaks
2011-01-07 : Added Theme support, removed launcher pro
2011-01-04 : Added new Hardcore 12i 500 kernel, Added gtg465x TW_Launcher, added Chinese keyboard, added Z4 control, added voltage control
2011-01-03 : Updated base 7.1.1, updated DamianGTO_JPX_300HZ_3A kernel, Added JL2 modem, Go launcher added
Zeam updated 2.8.6, samsung EURO keyboard added, MUIU music added. Fasterfix added,
New cook loog
2011-01-01 : Updated Zeam, hardcore and trasig kernels. Added Swype selector, more kernels. Captivate version added
2010-12-30 : initial setup with bugfixes and additions
..:: Bug Reports and install errors ::..
Reports:Link Bug/issue status:Link (thanks to HSAgoo)
If you find some bugs, please provide as much details as possible:
ROM version, both before and after your flash.
Factory reset or not, before install or after
- I strongly advice you to disable any lagfixes when upgrade to new roms or install new kernels.
- Always flash rom with FULLY charged battery - Make backup of efs-folder (with Root Explorer or ADB)
- Do NOT restore system data, if you upgrade from 2.1 (Eclair)
- Do not factory reset phone if you have removed any apps from the base rom.
If you want to factory reset, flash the base rom before again if you made any changes
- If you do a factory reset after install: lancher pro, sgs tools. gallery etc will be deleted.
!!Please read before posting questions!!.
Cred to MCOGW (for template help) HTCDevil et al for help
Swype, AOSP apps, Optimized launcher pro etc
Battery problems?, try this. A script to be used from SGS tools.
Script will do:
- remove all .thumbnails directories on sdcard and external_sd in all directories
- remove /dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.media
- remove /dbdata/databases/com.cooliris.media
- reboot automatically (only works if QuickBoot or RomManager is installed (creds to them))
Script made by QuackTop
Kernel Hardcore SpeedMod FroyoLink Sztupy .3 kernel Link Raspdeep OC kernel Link Zenkinz oc kernel Link
Here is some info on the modems: link
Some of the Themes functional on DocRoms
Let me know if i missed some
Dena ThemeDena Dark ThemeDark Gingerbread ThemeGingerbread Gingerbread blue ThemeGinger blue
Old Downloads Link
V5.1.1: All kinds of bugfixes
V7: XWJPA_V7, new base; XXJPO_V7, new base
V7.0.1: JPO, fix voice search and correct build.prop
V7.1: JPA, mixed language fix, Swype fix, rebuilt base
V7.5: New modular ROM, new kernel, new busybox, ad hoc wifi support, theme fixes, build.prop fixed, removed KOR csc from JPA
V7.6: New kernel, UA string in browser, optimized adw and launcher pro. Put back stock wpa_applicant with optional ad hoc wpa_applicant. New sgs tools, gallery from jpd, JPO v7.6.1: add UA browser
V7.6.2: fixed sensor/gallerybug, fixed clock bug.
V8 ADJP5: new base (date 3 nov)
V8.0.1 ADJP5: bugfixes: alarm clock, screen capture, voice recorder, moved back some more apk's from data to system due to install errors.
Fixed auto zipalign (thanks Bo$$)
V8 JPO/JPA: new fixed kernel, few small bugfixes, fixed zipalign. New gallery 3d apk ( in system/app) from BUJP8
V9: New base rom BUJP8
V9: JPO/JPA, updated apps: ADW launcher (optimized, in data/) flash player, quicksearch, maps, youtube), only 1 addon package, same content as in JP8.
New hardcore kernel:speedmod-kernel-k10a-256hz, zipalign and fatformat bugfixes
V9.0.1: New optimized ADW added, updated apps (same as in v9 jpo/jpa). Added zipalign and fatformat bugfixes, market fix
New hardcore kernel:speedmod-kernel-k10a-256hz
V 1.0 XXJPU: 1st release
V 1.1 XXJPU: added hardcore kernel
V 2.0 XXJPU: rebuilt base, few bugfixes
V 3.0 XXJPU: disabled increasing phone signal, new market, new highres gallery (maybe a bit slower), optimized ZEAM added, new browser. Better market fix, updated voicedialer, tweaked system for speed.
V3.0.1 XXJPU market fix
V3.0.1 slim. Back to supercurio kernel due to boot errors
V4.0: resynced all apk's for speed, SD mount bug fix, Titanium back and spareparts added, Samsung apps added
V5.0 XXJPX base
V6: XXJPX added CSC, new Voodoo 5.0.3 kernel, updated Zeam, Maps 5, latest youtube, non icrease phone.apk added
V6: XXJPY, new base rom
V6.1: XXJPY, new voodoo kernel
V6.2: added csc, bug fix in build.prop
V7: Base in kitchen, updated frame and apps optimizations, added non increase ringer, added jpa wifi fix
V7.1 kitchen, aosp fix, updated apps
V7.1.1: kitchen base updated, frame and apks optimized for kitchen
V7.2 -> v7.9.5 : Adjustments for kitchen, edify scripts changes
V8.0: New hopefully functional Edify script
once again I state loud and clear, that the beta kitchen is not supported by the RomKitchen Team.
Using the Beta Kitchen is at your own risk and entirely your own responsibility.
Beta Kitchen is public to open new doors for the I9000 community as a whole to further improve and evolve the SGS.
Beta Kitchen is for those who understand what BETA means.
Beta has no language barrier so using this as a excuse is not accepted.
Novice users should are and as always advised not to use the beta kitchen.
If users wish to risk using Beta Kitchen for reasons, such as ignorance, or wanting to be selfishly clever and want to be on the fast of fast and best of best rom or along these lines, its up to you but Odin is not always the answer to recovery, and just bear in mind the terms and conditions of Samsung Repairs when it comes to SU, etc.
Users asked for a long time wanting access to beta and now they got it, but again we will not be supporting beta kitchen - only listen to feedback ONLY. Wanting everything and being selfish dont mix, i guess that comes down to age, maturity and responsibility
Beta has nothing to do with donations or any other ridiculous comments suggested by others however smart they try to be with there wording.
If people do not understand what "Donations" mean then Google is yor friend and wiki has a vast catelog of info on this subject and terminology.
RomKitchen is not in any form of competition with any other dev, rom maker etc. This has never been the case, not now and nor will ever be.
All this nonsense and crap stops now!! THE END!! If people wish to complain and what ever idiotic reason which in the end only shows what kind of person they are when they start back tracking on what they say - Plain and simple, go download another ROM, there are plenty to choose from and various tastes and same applies to themes, apps etc.
If this crap continues, ill start reporting people on the grounds of creating a negative environment with the I9000 community... which still is considered to be one of the worst communities in xda, and i can see why! And help clear it up (one of the reasons the post count was introduced to stop spam rubbish etc)
Do not attempt to cause issues within the IRC Chat either or you will simply be banned and no questions asked. If you start to cause invaild unrest in this thread, then you will be simple noted and ignored and left to your own devices and hope that you end up with a brick and unable to apply for warranty on ur device. SIMPLE.
..:: Instructions ::..
Attention all users! Regarding /system corruption.
01. Disable Voodoo if have it installed (create a folder named “disable lagfix” inside the “Voodoo” folder on your internal sdcard and reboot). If you’re coming from sztupy’s kernel, disable all lagfixes.
02. Make sure have the 2e recovery. If you don't have 2e recovery, see FAQ.
04. Factory reset is NOT required, but is recommended. Wipe cache and dalvik cache if you’re not performing a factory reset.
05.DO NOT apply any outside theme/battery mods. See FAQ point 9 if you want a circle battery mod with this theme.
Installation Steps (Read this very carefully!)
01. Download the ROM (check above) and put it on your internal sdcard.
02. If you don't have a clockworkmod kernel, download clockworkmod recovery from here. You *need* Clockworkmod, this won’t work with stock recovery. Rename the clockworkmod recovery file to “update.zip” and put it on your internal sdcard.
03. If you had Voodoo installed prior to installing this ROM (Eclair or Froyo), make sure you still have the "disable lagfix" folder inside "/sdcard/Voodoo". If you’re coming from any other kernel, make sure you have disabled all Lagfixes.
04. Shutdown phone, wait for it to power down, then boot the phone into recovery mode (press volume up, keep it pressed, then press home button, keep it pressed, then press power button, keep it pressed until you see the Galaxy S screen. Release all three buttons when you see it).
04a. Do this step *ONLY* if you don't have clockworkmod already in your kernel. Select “apply sdcard:update.zip” (use volume rocker to move up and down, and home button to select). Clockworkmod recovery will boot now (you may have to do apply update.zip twice for Clockworkmod to show up).
05. Once in Clockworkmod, select “install zip from sdcard” (use volume rocker to move up and down and the back button to select).
06. Select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM zip package. Then choose yes.
07. The update will start (will take some 1-2 minutes) and during the flashing you will see some strange big characters on the screen, don’t worry, that’s normal. After the process finishes, you will be dropped back into Clockworkmod recovery. From there, choose go back, and then reboot phone.
08. The first boot will take some time as the ROM will deodex
Upgrade instructions (from previous versions of THIS ROM only!) (Thanks ragin!)
Always have a backup of your apps/data (Titanium Backup/MyBackup)
01. Download the updated ROM from post No. 2, and put it on your sdcard.
02. Boot into CWM recovery.
03. Choose install zip from sdcard in CWM, and browse to the downloaded zip file, and apply it.
04. Choose reboot phone.
05. If you had any lagfix applied previously, when the phone boots, you will be presented with a menu. Choose "remove new config" in that menu. The phone will reboot. If you didn't have any lagfix applied, the phone will boot straight!
08. My Market is not working This is not a ROM problem. To temporarily fix, Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage -> All -> Market -> Force Stop -> Clear Data -> Uninstall Updates.
09. I want a circle battery mod! This is now very easy to do! Do the following:
- Download any theme template from post No. 2, and flash it via CWM.
- Extract the file "framework-res.apk" from the "system/framework" folder inside the theme template zip you downloaded.
- Go to http://circle.glx.nl/ and customize your circle battery mod, when it asks for framework-res.apk, upload the one you just extracted from the theme template zip.
- Wait for some time, and you will be provided with a zip file to download. Once downloaded, put the file on your sdcard, and flash via CWM.
If the above is difficult to understand, here are alternative instructions from Adevem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4512
10. What happened to the full ROM? This is now a light and modular ROM. Just install the upgrade packages or missing apps update.zip from the 1st post via CWM to get the full ROM.
11. OMG I LOVE THIS ROM! What can I do to help? We're glad you like it! Stick around here, and try and help fellow users, that would be a great help! If you wish to donate, please donate to Doc (he's the actual person behind this ROM), sztupy (for the ULF kernel), curio (for voodoo) and many more of the awesome devs around here! If you're still feeling generous, you may donate to me too!
12. I am using the slim ROM, and I don't get the puzzle on the Samsung lock screen on an SMS. The Slim ROM contains AOSP MMS (SMS) app, hence no support for Samsung puzzle lock screen. If you want the puzzle lock screen for SMS, either install the FULL ROM, or extract the Mms.apk from /system/app on the full ROM, and push it in the slim ROM.
Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more
20 Sep 2014
By Faiz Malkani
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?