Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[online KITCHEN] *ROM Kitchen* 10/5: Ginger JVH 2.3.3 up

Tip us?

EEKA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi! I have a problem with my SGS. The thing is that it shows up on my computer as a "CD-ROM", which means it is read-only and i can't do anything with it.

I did some googling and this doens't seem to be a normal problem. The best solution seemed to be to flash a new kernel file with Odin as a PDA. Used some old Voodoo-kernel but that didn't solve the problem.

Im using XWJS8 and baseband XXJQ1. I guess a new kernel may be the solution but I dont know which I should use?

Otherwise the ROM is working like a charm. I've been using your ROMs for a while now and can say I'm very pleased.

Tricky103
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Yes it is a kernel problem. Try a different kernel. Or find hardcores fix. Should clear it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Tricky103
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Thank you for the feedback about screen capture..

Anybody confirm the soundplayer.apk.

EEKA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky103 View Post
Yes it is a kernel problem. Try a different kernel. Or find hardcores fix. Should clear it.

Changing kernel for the third time fixed the problem. That was easy. Now im back with K13D where the problem started but now it's working. Thank you!

sebarkh
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h View Post
Agree, it is not superstable yet. Had twice a spontaneous reboot last 24h. Gallery not working. But other than that, all the main things work: xda-app, twitter, email, calling, texting etc. work without any problem and that are the 5 main tasks for my phone
You say that gallery is no working. I must admit that it's working fine for me. I mean the stock gallery3d.apk, to be precise.

manjee
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:

Neither Screen Capture nor the ring sounds problem were solved by the 2 files you uploaded.

sebarkh
Old
(Last edited by sebarkh; 2nd April 2011 at 03:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:

In my post about screencapture feedback here I wrote gallery, but meant Music player. Sorry for confusion. Player's working fine for me so far (I mean the SoundPlayer.apk you uploaded to dropbox).

Edit: Maybe I don't know what bug to look for in soundplayer, cos others are reporting fcs with it (above post).

sebarkh
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjee View Post
Neither Screen Capture nor the ring sounds problem were solved by the 2 files you uploaded.
You mention ring sound problem. I hven't experienced such. But I modded the kitchen rom myself replacing /system/media/ folder with my favorite sounds. Dunno if it's of any meaning, but my ringtones are working fine.

[Ramad]
Old
Thanks Meter 1651
The force-closes are mainly related to optimized PNG files, I would like to advice not to optimize PNG files, the space gained by optimizing PNG(3MB-4MB at max) is not worth the struggle. Beside that, more than 30MB is already free before PNG optimizing, no user is benefiting from this free space and no one cares if it's 3MB-4MB more or less.
The Following User Says Thank You to [Ramad] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sebarkh
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ramad] View Post
The force-closes are mainly related to optimized PNG files, I would like to advice not to optimize PNG files, the space gained by optimizing PNG(3MB-4MB at max) is not worth the struggle. Beside that, more than 30MB is already free before PNG optimizing, no user is benefiting from this free space and no one cares if it's 3MB-4MB more or less.
Wow, good to know. Lastly I learn more thanks to you Ramad.

Tags
best custom rom, cheeky, choice, doc, freedom, gingerbread, kitchen, rom, romkitchen, tagless, try lucid :p
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe