Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[online KITCHEN] *ROM Kitchen* 10/5: Ginger JVH 2.3.3 up

OP DocRambone

2nd April 2011, 03:31 PM   |  #37101  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi! I have a problem with my SGS. The thing is that it shows up on my computer as a "CD-ROM", which means it is read-only and i can't do anything with it.

I did some googling and this doens't seem to be a normal problem. The best solution seemed to be to flash a new kernel file with Odin as a PDA. Used some old Voodoo-kernel but that didn't solve the problem.

Im using XWJS8 and baseband XXJQ1. I guess a new kernel may be the solution but I dont know which I should use?

Otherwise the ROM is working like a charm. I've been using your ROMs for a while now and can say I'm very pleased.
2nd April 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #37102  
Recognized Developer
Flag Exeter, UK
Thanks Meter: 747

3,405 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes it is a kernel problem. Try a different kernel. Or find hardcores fix. Should clear it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2011, 03:34 PM   |  #37103  
Recognized Developer
Flag Exeter, UK
Thanks Meter: 747

3,405 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thank you for the feedback about screen capture..

Anybody confirm the soundplayer.apk.

2nd April 2011, 03:48 PM   |  #37104  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky103

Yes it is a kernel problem. Try a different kernel. Or find hardcores fix. Should clear it.

Changing kernel for the third time fixed the problem. That was easy. Now im back with K13D where the problem started but now it's working. Thank you!
2nd April 2011, 04:12 PM   |  #37105  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 147

1,004 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h

Agree, it is not superstable yet. Had twice a spontaneous reboot last 24h. Gallery not working. But other than that, all the main things work: xda-app, twitter, email, calling, texting etc. work without any problem and that are the 5 main tasks for my phone

You say that gallery is no working. I must admit that it's working fine for me. I mean the stock gallery3d.apk, to be precise.
2nd April 2011, 04:16 PM   |  #37106  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 76

298 posts
More
Quote:

Neither Screen Capture nor the ring sounds problem were solved by the 2 files you uploaded.
2nd April 2011, 04:17 PM   |  #37107  
Flag Warsaw

1,004 posts
More
Quote:

In my post about screencapture feedback here I wrote gallery, but meant Music player. Sorry for confusion. Player's working fine for me so far (I mean the SoundPlayer.apk you uploaded to dropbox).

Edit: Maybe I don't know what bug to look for in soundplayer, cos others are reporting fcs with it (above post).
Last edited by sebarkh; 2nd April 2011 at 04:28 PM.
2nd April 2011, 04:27 PM   |  #37108  
Flag Warsaw

1,004 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjee

Neither Screen Capture nor the ring sounds problem were solved by the 2 files you uploaded.

You mention ring sound problem. I hven't experienced such. But I modded the kitchen rom myself replacing /system/media/ folder with my favorite sounds. Dunno if it's of any meaning, but my ringtones are working fine.
2nd April 2011, 04:47 PM   |  #37109  
Thanks Meter: 1,658

1,143 posts
The force-closes are mainly related to optimized PNG files, I would like to advice not to optimize PNG files, the space gained by optimizing PNG(3MB-4MB at max) is not worth the struggle. Beside that, more than 30MB is already free before PNG optimizing, no user is benefiting from this free space and no one cares if it's 3MB-4MB more or less.
The Following User Says Thank You to [Ramad] For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2011, 04:50 PM   |  #37110  
Flag Warsaw

1,004 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ramad]

The force-closes are mainly related to optimized PNG files, I would like to advice not to optimize PNG files, the space gained by optimizing PNG(3MB-4MB at max) is not worth the struggle. Beside that, more than 30MB is already free before PNG optimizing, no user is benefiting from this free space and no one cares if it's 3MB-4MB more or less.

Wow, good to know. Lastly I learn more thanks to you Ramad.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best custom rom, cheeky, choice, doc, freedom, gingerbread, kitchen, rom, romkitchen, tagless, try lucid :p
Previous Thread Next Thread