Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Tawkon for Samsung Galaxy s (Beta)

OP tawkon

24th October 2010, 11:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
After over a year of development and lots of user feedback, we are excited to announce that tawkon is now available FREE on supported Samsung Galaxy S devices (Vibrant, Captivate, GTI 9000)!

tawkon for Android (beta) is the only mobile application that lets you see and avoid mobile phone radiation.

Real-time Radiation Indication
Our tiny icon on your home screen changes from green to yellow to red indicating low-moderate-high levels of radiation exposure at any given time.

Live Prompts & Feedback
tawkon subtly alerts you when exposure to radiation rises, with simple prompts to avoid radiation just when you need to. Live feedback confirms that your actions were effective.

Map your Home or Office
Activate tawkon in “prediction mode” to see low and high radiation zones in your home, office or neighborhood.

Personal Stats
Dynamic graphical statistics clearly demonstrate how much radiation you avoided by using tawkon during the last call, day, week, month and six months.

The World’s First Live Radiation Map
The tawkon community is creating the world’s first user-generated radiation map. Our tawkon-enhanced Google Map shares the collective data of radiation exposure levels from our users worldwide. Contribute to this valuable collective information source by just activating tawkon on your Android!

Extensive accuracy testing and RF calibration means we introduce tawkon supported devices one-at-a-time, even on Android  We therefore don’t yet support all Android models but we’re qualifying more all the time. Remember – tawkon also supports selected BlackBerry devices and we’re waiting (a while now…) for Apple approval to get tawkon on the iPhone. So whatever phone you have, click on this download button, and if your phone isn’t yet supported, we’ll let you know when we’re ready for you!

Are you protected? Get tawkon and keep talking!
24th October 2010, 01:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
available at tawkon website & android market
We weren't able to include the link on the post.
Download available at the tawkon website or Android Market.
We look forward to your feedback!
24th October 2010, 01:29 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,462

6,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Worrying about cell phone radiation is silly.
24th October 2010, 03:47 PM   |  #4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 561

1,461 posts
More
Just Installed it. Really great interface, but the animations are really slow.

I am running the Cog 2.2 Beta 6 on my captivate.
Let me know if you need more feedback.
25th October 2010, 04:08 AM   |  #5  

3 posts
Nice app! One question though - it seems that ir disabled the screen lock. Now it doesn't lock when the power button is pressed - just turns off the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
25th October 2010, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Thanks for your feedback. We’re aware of the slow animations running – this performance should be fixed very soon. Regarding further feedback, yeh – actually we’d really appreciate other feedback if you’re willing. We’re running a beta feedback survey with a short online questionnaire to make it easier/faster to share feedback. We’ll be using this input to improve the next Android versions. Please email Amit@tawkon.com and we’ll send you the link to the questionnaire. Other XDA forum readers also welcome to join our beta feedback program – just email me too :) Thanks!
25th October 2010, 08:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpchem

Nice app! One question though - it seems that ir disabled the screen lock. Now it doesn't lock when the power button is pressed - just turns off the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Thanks :) Yes, we’re aware of the screen lock issue and are working to fix that in the upcoming update (that we’ll be announcing on our blog at tawkon.com/blog). In the meantime, we’re running a beta feedback program so if you’re willing to share some more feedback, we’d really appreciate this input from the field that we’ll take into account for the next versions. Just email amit@tawkon.com and we’ll send you a link to the quick questionnaire.
15th November 2010, 07:32 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

107 posts
More
I'm trying to run Tawkon on my Captivate. It is the Rogers version SGH-i896, but the app says it's not supported. Can we find a work around?
16th November 2010, 03:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Is this a joke? It must be.. it has to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to CobaltCowboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2010, 09:32 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Thanks you for bringing this to our attention Ender666666! We are working on an update that will support your device. The update should be ready in several weeks. We'll make sure to contact you when it is ready.
Last edited by tawkon; 17th November 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, captivate, radiation, samsung galaxy s
Previous Thread Next Thread