Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Disabling Sense to use Launcher Pro

OP ritzbrie

24th October 2010, 02:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
South FL
Thanks Meter: 0

105 posts
More
I searched and couldn't find an answer

I am currently on rooted stock ROM. I want to basically disable the Sense UI and switch to Launcher Pro. How do I go about disabling Sense UI in favor of Launcher Pro?

I would just set Launcher Pro as default but I don't want Sense running in the background,
24th October 2010, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag Charlottesville VA
Thanks Meter: 14

179 posts
More
I do the same thing......after a while sense gets turned off until you launch it again

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
gqstatus0685
24th October 2010, 03:36 PM   |  #3  

n/a posts
There is a thread with a flashable file to completely remove sense.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=769525

Sent while sitting on the toilet.
24th October 2010, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
South FL

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqstatus0685

There is a thread with a flashable file to completely remove sense.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=769525

Sent while sitting on the toilet.

Thanks, but I don't necessarily want to flash something. I was thinking about using titanium backup and "Freezing" the HTC files. Would that work?
24th October 2010, 06:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

123 posts
should work just fine you can remove everything sense but some of the HTC stuff must stay. I know for sure if you remove com.htc.socialnetwork.provider the phone starts having problems using sense or not. Just do a nand backup and start getting rid of all HTC's and Sense BS but make sure you do that nand because if you remove the wrong file you will get constant force closes and won't be able to restore it even if you have backed up through titanium.
24th October 2010, 08:54 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
South FL

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimeslunk

should work just fine you can remove everything sense but some of the HTC stuff must stay. I know for sure if you remove com.htc.socialnetwork.provider the phone starts having problems using sense or not. Just do a nand backup and start getting rid of all HTC's and Sense BS but make sure you do that nand because if you remove the wrong file you will get constant force closes and won't be able to restore it even if you have backed up through titanium.

Did a NAND yesterday. I'll try this. Thanks.
25th October 2010, 07:46 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

328 posts
Go to appliactiosns, find sense, clear defaults. I think if you install another launcher they begin to compete for default status Nd android will ask you what you like to do inregaurds to which launcher will be default. Super easy. No flashing or hacking needed.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
25th October 2010, 04:03 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 116

871 posts
Donate to Me
More
an alternative is there are scripts made that will remove sense and the known ok to remove bloatware/htc apps. one is linked in my signature. you flash the script just like a rom (follow instruction listed) once you have launcherpro set as your launcher. this will ensure it doesnt run and gives you the extra space in your phones memory.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread