Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

ShellExtension version 2.0.0 (modifies and extents the SPB mobile shell)

24th October 2010, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

113 posts
More
Software: ShellExtension (ver 2.0.5) is for easy manipulating of the SPB Shell (version 3.0.1 and 3.5.x)
-for all Resolutions

After 12.500 downloads of the prior version there is the new 2.0.5 version of ShellExtension. Version 2.0 adds support for extra Now-screens (hubs as you like)..

ShellExtension modifies the SPB mobile shell and extents it with extra features. It does its modification on the fly. There are no files that are overwritten. It changes the files inside.
So, in most cases it can change your modified SPB shell.

Thanks to Iks-In. The Russian translation for below text, can be found at youhtc.ru forum.

In detail; ShellExtension has the following options:

Options:
A lot of SPB Shell users who want to mod there shell has problems with extracting en compacting the qa_layouts.dat file.
With ShellExtension it’s possible to extract all the files from the qa_layouts.dat Zip file to the Qa_layout folder in the SPB Shell programs folder.
And Compact files into the qa_layouts.dat from the ZipToDat folder.
(the folders are automatically generated by ShellExtension)

Now-screen:
With ShellExtension it’s possible to make 6 extra Lifestyle ”lookalike” screens.
You can give each screen the name, shortcut icon, page count and menu bar you want.
ShellExtension also makes the new screen visible on the carousel and makes a shortcut to that screen in the tools section of the SPB menu.
And with ShellExtension you can change the ‘contacts’ tab into a now-screen (more than one page).

Menu bar:
With ShellExtension you can change the menu bar of the now-screens.
You can make one menu bar for all the now-screens or you can change the menu bar for each now-screen separately.

You can put from 0 to 4 buttons on a menu bar.
The button can start functions made by SPB Shell like: -ToDay -Lifestyle Home, -Professional Home, the Now-screens you made, -Favorites Programs, -SPB Menu, -Launcher, -Task manager, -Wireless manager (not
in SPB version 3.5), -Weather, -Weather conditions (not in SPB version 3.0.1), -Agenda, -Time,
-Telephone Profile,-Profile, -Backlight,-Call logs, -Fav Contacts, -SPB Contacts and
-Contact carousel.
You can Change the icon and name for each button. It’s also possible to remove the text per button.
Without the text, the button is correctly placed (lower) on the menu bar.
If 0 buttons is selected, ShellExtension automatically removes the recycle bin and makes the screen larger (in landscape wider) So you can put widgets on that space.

Carousel:
Change the now-screens and tabs in the carousel.
You can add, remove or arrange the tiles. Or change the texts of the specified carousel screen.

Language:
ShellExtension supports the language supported by SPB Shell. It uses for 75% the translation of SPB Shell.
The extra text specific to ShellExtension is placed in a separate zip file without password. It’s possible to change all the text of ShellExtension to your choice.

ShellExtension is freeware, i.e., you don't need to pay for it. I strongly recommend that you only download from this site.
Except for the language module are modifications, in any way, not allowed.
Use ShellExtension on your own risk. I don't offer any warranty and I’m not responsible for damages caused by ShellExtension (I’m not perfect...). But in the worst case you have to reinstall SPB Mobile Shell…

Version explanation:
First digit: major release (extra functionality is added, behavior of program is changed)
Second digit: Bug release (extra functionality can be added and if there are any bugs are fixed. In most cases the user manual will be updated, for the extra functionality)
Third digit: Just bug release. (No changes and no manual update)

How to Install:Just copy the tree files from the downloaded zip file to a map on you device.
After that select ShellExtension...

I know you will love it. I hope you enjoy.

Please read the ShellExtension User manual...

Please Rate,
Please give me feedback.

After 1.500 downloads no major bugs to fix reported.

Update log (2.0 to 2.0.6):
- Changed translation module;
- Corrected some English language mistakes;
- Removed (incorrect) gesture on screen one;
- Changed location of ShellExtension bottom buttons on WVGA devices;
- Fixed registry bug in "Change default contacts".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ShellExtension.jpg
Views:	1593
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	425912  
Attached Files
File Type: zip ShellExtension 20.zip - [Click for QR Code] (150.3 KB, 3283 views)
File Type: zip ShellExtension 2.0.6.zip - [Click for QR Code] (152.0 KB, 3805 views)
Last edited by NLWaard; 30th December 2010 at 05:14 PM.
24th October 2010, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
More
Lightbulb User manual
Please.
Before you ask a question about the functionality of ShellExtension, please read the User Manual.
I put a lot of time in it. I am sure you find what you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ShellExtension User Manual 200.zip - [Click for QR Code] (988.0 KB, 2582 views)
Last edited by NLWaard; 24th October 2010 at 05:56 PM.
24th October 2010, 05:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
More
Language
Edit ShellExtension's Language:

ShellExtension uses two language packs (in a row).
First it uses the default SPB shell language pack. But not all the text of ShellExtension is translated in this pack.
Therefor I made an extra Language pack, in the same folder as ShellExtension. 'ShellExtensionLoc.ZIP' This one can translate all the text.

Because it translates the text buttons for the Second time, it overrides the first translation of the default SPB language pack.
The Extra Language pack uses the following format.

Original text|New text.

Do not change the File format. ShellExtension looks for a Zip file named ShellExtensionLoc.Zip and with the files ShellExtension_xx.txt in it. (xx is the language code “en” for English)
The txt files in the Zip must be saved as “Unicode” because some languages uses special chars.

If you are done. and add or changes en Language, please opload the XLS to shellextension at hotmail.com.

Latest ShellExtensionLoc.ZIP file is ver 2.0.4 (newer than in main post 2.0)
Updated:
- 2.0.3 the Dutch trans.
- 2.0.3 the Rusian trans, thanks to Iks-in
- 2.0.3 the German trans, thanks to JHimmelbauer
- 2.0.4 the Español trans, thanks to silverider

The translation module in ShellExtension is also updated.
For the best result use the latest version of ShellExtension.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ShellExtensiontext_2.0.3.xlsx - [Click for QR Code] (32.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: zip ShellExtensionLoc.zip - [Click for QR Code] (14.1 KB, 267 views)
Last edited by NLWaard; 26th January 2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: New version of language loc file ver 2.0.4 add Español translation
24th October 2010, 05:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
More
Lightbulb Tips, tricks and FAQ
Tips and tricks
  1. First tip, is see the ShellExtension User Manual. In the user manual I added some walkthrough’s.
FAQ
  1. Will my skin / mod still work?
    - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=19
  2. What are the system requirements for Shellextension ? (How to, from the User Manual)
    - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=35
  3. How do I install Shellextension ? (How to, from the User Manual)
    - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=28
How to video's: (I have made some "How to" video's.)
  1. .
  2. How to: make a shortcut of ShellExtension to the SPB Tools folder.
    This video also explains the make SPB folders Mutable.
  3. How to: change the count of menu buttons and change their function.
    This video also shows the zero buttons function (free widgets space on the menu bar)
Last edited by NLWaard; 15th November 2010 at 11:41 AM.
25th October 2010, 06:16 PM   |  #5  
PARIS
Thanks Meter: 35

385 posts
thx MrBeOTP2 !!very very great job it works perfectly on my i 900
26th October 2010, 01:06 AM   |  #6  

3 posts
Thumbs down
I spent the last five hours to restore all the settings.........I can't be offensive because I'm on XDA forum but,next time,test your work at least for half an hour before post it............

It Really Doesn't Work!!!!!!
26th October 2010, 06:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

113 posts
More
Question One post lots of questions???
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrefran

I spent the last five hours to restore all the settings.........I can't be offensive because I'm on XDA forum but,next time,test your work at least for half an hour before post it............

Sorry, That it does not work for you. (and that on your first post Welkom on XDA-developers)
Can you explain why you did to restore?
Why didn’t you use the restore function in ShellExtension?

Did you use ShellExtension on a fresh SPB install? Or with other mods? And if so, Witch mods?
For the testing part, f.y.i. I tested ShellExtension for over a month now and I didn’t have any problems with it.
Last edited by NLWaard; 26th October 2010 at 08:16 AM.
26th October 2010, 02:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag S.N.B.
Thanks Meter: 149

343 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Without even introduce yourself immediately share insults against xda,PCURAR...!!!!
This is a serious forum, the best in the world, the forum where developers share their contents with users and you know everyone can makes mistakes...
Last edited by euplio; 26th October 2010 at 02:17 PM.
26th October 2010, 04:21 PM   |  #9  

3 posts
Thumbs down
Euplio.....Empty Head....you know how many trouble I had last night with ShellExt........

Learn how to read,I didn't talk about XDA in my post but about the app......

I know that was my first post but this doesn't mean i don't know when my Phone "collapses".....
Last edited by andrefran; 26th October 2010 at 04:26 PM.
26th October 2010, 05:40 PM   |  #10  
Flag Red Bluff, California
Thanks Meter: 2,252

5,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Euplio.....Empty Head....you know how many trouble I had last night with ShellExt........

Learn how to read,I didn't talk about XDA in my post but about the app......

I know that was my first post but this doesn't mean i don't know when my Phone "collapses".....

you just spent so much time running your mouth
why didnt you answer the questions the OP asked you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mobile shell 3.5, mobile shell extension, ms3.5, shell extension, spb mobile shell
Previous Thread Next Thread