Account currently disabled
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
There are a special program in your phone.
This will likely void your warranty, and you should do this at your own risk. We take no responsibility if you turn your Vibrant into a paperweight.
This method will allow you to give root access to root-only applications. There are currently no custom ROMs for the device yet, so if that is what you’re looking for, you may want to wait it out a little longer until custom ROMs have been developed.
Soyou can get started:
1. Download this file and rename it to “update.zip”
2. On your Vibrant, go to Settings > Applications > USB Settings > and select Mass Storage.
3. Connect your Vibrant to your computer, and mount as a mass storage device by pulling down the notification bar at the top of the screen.
4. Back on your computer, look for a new drive.
5. Copy (drag and drop) the update.zip file to the Internal Storage.
6. Turn off the phone.
7. Hold down the volume up and down buttons while turning the Vibrant on, which will bring you to the recovery mode.
8. To navigate in Recovery, use volume up and down to move, and Power button to select. Select ‘Reinstall Packages“
9. After installed, your phone will reboot, and will have the Superuser app, as well as Busybox installed.
10. You’re Rooted!