ENDED {Stock Rom} Odin JF6 with 3 button fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
If you are one of the unfortunate few who have the three button fix disabled and need to go back to stock 2.1 use this instead of Designgears original Odin one click.

Put the PDA.tar and PIT files in the appropriate places in odin and flash in download mode.

Drivers
Windows 64
Windows 32

PDA file
Took down the PDA.TAR file from my personal website as it is hogging my bandwidth. If anyone wants to mirror it or upload it, please send me a pm and i will give you a link to dl it.

PIT file and Odin multi flasher attached to post

Thanks to joehall4th for helping me test this

Attachments

• Odin.rar
    163.5 KB · Views: 24,705
Last edited by a moderator:

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
Anyone with the three button disabled, please confirm that this is working for you as well.

I tested this on my phone with the 3button disabled, and the 3 button was working after the flash back to 2.1

Last edited:

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is the JF6 firmware with this the same as that on samfirmware.com? And why is this version superior to the one click version? If the three button method to get into download mode is disabled, one has to try one of the other methods to get there (adb reboot download, volume buttons + usb plugin, phone + ! + computer to download mode, etc.). Once in download mode somehow, how does a flash from this version help more? Not doubting, just need clarifications.

Last edited:

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
This is the JF6 firmware from samfirmware.com.

This version is not superior to the one click if the three button combo came enabled with your phone.

This is for people whose phones didn't come with the three button combo. If you flash this from download mode, the three button combo should work for you.

Here is the problem. DG has put out a fix for the three button combo. If you have a problem updating a rom, or you need to flash back to stock for some reason, the Odin one click will disable the fix. This will work the same as the Odin one click, but it keeps the three button intact (it should). It should also enable the three button fix if yours has never worked.

If you flash with the one click Odin and then brick your phone trying to flash rom manager recovery, or trying to flash another rom, that's it, your phone is bricked. If you have three button working and brick your phone, you can still use the keys to flash back to a working rom. This should help keep the three button intact at all times.

If your three button isn't working, you shouldn't be flashing roms, or anything really. If you're going to, you need to get the three button working(IMO).

Last edited:

rajendra82

Jul 17, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My three button combo worked from day one, and flashing the one click did not affect it adversely. If dg has put out a fix for those with bad phones. Wouldn't it be adequate to simply apply just the fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
No.

DG's fix is wiped when using his Odin one click. That's why this Odin flash was needed.

If yours worked from day one, this isn't for you.

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK
Good work C3P0LOL! I'm glad someone was able to put my idea into action, finally. This will definitely put me more at ease flashing back to stock, not having to worry about it failing. Also I don't know if you did it on purpose or if it was just luck but the fact that it flashes the SBL first is a nice touch.

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
I'm glad you like it! This should help those of us without the three button rest a little easier. The sbl.bin flashing first is clutch!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

othermark

Sep 27, 2010
WA
Thanks for this. I haven't tried it out, but it's what us poor 3 button lame owners need!

spartan062984

Oct 8, 2010
If you are one of the unfortunate few who have the three button fix disabled and need to go back to stock 2.1 use this instead of Designgears original Odin one click.

Put the PDA.tar and PIT files in the appropriate places in odin and flash in download mode.

Drivers
Windows 64
Windows 32

PDA file
PDA.tar

+1 for this.

As mentioned earlier, you either have some cool telepathic abilities or simply just a genius for having thought of this. I remember going into DG's thread about this as well, and I remember you being actively helping out over there, how did you stumble upon this? I have the JF6 one click Odin, but i was not aware that by using the one click, it would delete sbl.bin. It makes sense, because on his OP it even states that the process may have to be repeated everytime a new Rom is flashed (unless of course the Rom being flashed already contains the enabled sbl). <----That is for those who NEVER had the 3-button function out of the box.

"...you cant lose it if you already have it...."

EDIT: Newb Question: Isn't there a version of the one click Odin somewhere in XDA that already has this included as part of the flash? Or did i have too much to drink already? lol

EDIT 2: please disregard my last Edit. SMH

Last edited:

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
This was a concern to some of us without the three button combo in the irc chat. I'm glad I was able to build a working version of this for us. Enjoy it guys!

C3P0LOL

Sep 19, 2010
Chicago
Download the odin file, the pit file and the pda file.

Open odin.

connect phone to usb and put it in download mode.

Put the pit file where it says pit in odin.

put the pda file where it says pda in odin.

click start and wait for it to finish.

This will set your phone back to 2.1 stock with three button enabled.

Use at your own risk.

Reactions: twvance

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles

Open odin.

Use at your own risk.

Thanks Glad you made this post

spartan062984

Oct 8, 2010
Hey C3....

Newb Q: The original files that are found in the PDA, or any other Odin (including one click) for stock JF6....are they straight from Samsung or is it a modified version of the stock JF6?

The reason i ask, is because i have 2 cappys, one Bone stock and the other has been modded + rooted + lag fixxed + flashed and then back to stock and comparing the 2 (stock-wise) the modded cappy seems to have even more lag. <--------true story. lol

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK
They are straight from Samsung, they might be leaked, but they come from Samsung. These stock kernels and files are pure 100% stock, except this one has the modified sbl.bin in it.

spartan062984

Oct 8, 2010
They are straight from Samsung, they might be leaked, but they come from Samsung. These stock kernels and files are pure 100% stock, except this one has the modified sbl.bin in it.

Sweet! Thanks Dem.

For the record, i flashed this with Odin and I now have 3-button recovery/ download that did NOT come with my Cappy (out of the Box) AND my Batch Number is 1008. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Drivers
    Windows 64
    Windows 32

PDA file
    Took down the PDA.TAR file from my personal website as it is hogging my bandwidth. If anyone wants to mirror it or upload it, please send me a pm and i will give you a link to dl it.

Open odin.

Use at your own risk.
    the very top line it says

"Android system recovery <2e>"

and yes your are correct CAN NOT use buttons to get into recovery mode.

thanks.

Ok, you should be able to use adb to interact with the phone. That gives you a few options. You could, for example, push a clockwork recovery and a CWM flashable ROM to the phone and flash that way. I'm going to give you a step by step how to get the stock firmware back and fix your 3 button combo. It should work if you follow these steps exactly. I'm writing this in a way that I think even my mom could follow. The jist of it is, you are getting the odin flasher and firmware linked bt C3P0LOL in the first post of this thread then initiating download mode using adb.exe and flashing your phone.

1. If you don't have working drivers, get them from post #1 of this thread.
    2. Get the adb_odin.zip archive attached below and unzip it.
    3. Get this: PDA.tar. Put PDA.tar in the folder where you unzipped adb_odin.zip. (the folder should now contain adb.exe, Odin3_v1.0.exe, PIT.pit, PDA.tar, and some dll files.)
    4. Look at the bar in the top of the folder window that shows the location of the folder (It'll look like Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > blah > blah > blah). Click the small folder icon there and it should change to the actual full pathname of the folder. Right click and copy the pathname to the clipboard. (I'm assuming you have Win 7 or Vista, but the idea is pretty much the same for XP.)
    5. Press windows key+r on your keyboard.
    6. Type: cmd
    7. Press enter
    8. You should be presented with a command prompt.
    9. Type: cd "
    10. Click the small icon in the upper right corner of the command propt window and click edit->paste. The path name of the folder where adb was unzipped should be pasted into the command prompt.
    11. Type: "
    12. Press enter.
    13. Plug in your phone now.
    14. Right click Odin3_v1.0.exe and click 'Run as administrator'.
    15. Click the PIT button in the Odin program and select the PIT.pit file.
    16. Click the PDA button in the Odin program and select the PDA.tar file.
    17. Go back to the command prompt and type: adb reboot download
    18. Go back to odin when you see the download mode screen on your phone and the phone should be detected. Click start.
    19. Buy C3P0LOL a beer.

Note: the PDA.tar file linked to above is the same one linked from post #1 of this thread. I linked it here for convenience.
    Recovered Captivate

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help. I was able to recover my Captivate. It had multiple issues but this is what worked:

First off the phone would not boot into Android at all (so no apps, mounting SD, anything).

Second: Odin could see the phone when it was connected but could not push files to it (the phone would only boot to Recovery mode so I could not mount SD). And when the phone was in Download mode, Odin could not see the phone at all.

Someone had a video on installing the Samsung USB drivers in the Windows Device Manager (versus just running the installation exe) so that gave me an idea to look at Device Manager. The phone, while in Download mode, was showing up as a Serial Device. Windows would not recognize the Samsung drivers as the correct drivers for the device so I let it do some installing of its own drivers from Windows Updates. That did the trick.

Third: Lots of threads/discussions pointed to one outside website for a download. That site didn't have the file anymore. I finally found a one-click Odin installer from another site. Another issue resolved.

So I had an installer and Odin could now see the device and could install the stock ROM.

So my Captivate was restored and working again.

Thanks again for your help!!
    Attached is the 3-button fix. If your buddy used the one click on your phone and it broke your button combo then use this to get it back. And from now on use the odin in this thread and not DG's One Click Odin.

You can use ADB to boot into recovery then install this zip.
    Here is a decent guide on how to use ADB.
    http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-set-up-adb-usb-drivers-for-android-devices/