Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 45,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WP7 as dualboot on HD2

Tip us?

zyclop
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] WP7 as dualboot on HD2

Hi,

A few days ago I started to follow the development of WP7 port for HD2. So I want to know whether there is a working WP7 build for the HD2?!

The next important thing I want to know if there is a working ROM:
Is it possible to run WP7 and WM6.5 parallel with dual boot? The best thing would be if it's possible to run WP7 from storage card without flashing it to ROM-Storrage. Or maybe like Gen.Y DualBOOT solution with WP7 instead of Android. I want to do this for testing WP7 in my company. We have some things to be tested on WP7 and don't want to buy new devices. Most important thing because we can not change completely to WP7 is, that we need the functionality of WM6.5 for our software. So maybe what I need is still possible?

Greez zyclop

shuntje
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Seriously ?
If you started to follow the progress or actually read ANY of the topics you would be aware of the fact that there is NO working build out there.
If you actually would have done anything besides finding out WP7 existed you would be aware of the fact that progress has been slow and painstakingly hard.

So in short dont state you cant find any info just actually search

zyclop
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Good to know, that there isn't a working build yet.
Users in some other boards wrote, that there is an early build with limited functionality. But this might be not the truth. I think xda-developers are more believable.
I think I should wait a while, because the first WP7 devices aren't released long time ago. Hacking the OS might be much easier while having devices running WP7.

Maybe someone write here, if there is a working HD2 build of WP7, that would be very great

Greez zyclop

efjay
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Your company wants to test WP7 but wants to do it on a hacked phone? Too cheap to buy 1 device for testing? Sounds like a recipe for success!!
Dell Venue Pro, it's alive!

juggs
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Your company wants to test WP7 but wants to do it on a hacked phone? Too cheap to buy 1 device for testing? Sounds like a recipe for success!!
To add, even IF there's a working port, not all the functions will work properly, if at all... Just buy a WP7 phone if you're that interested in it. Of course if you have been "looking into it", you'd already know this.
TMo Samsung Galaxy S III

Retired: HTC HD2 "LeRoid"

DavidinCT
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Also the fact that there is no method to install your own apps....the testing will be such a success !!!!

~~Tito~~
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 80
Since this is the week of halloween, and all. After halloween, infractions and bans are gonna be given out to posts like these.

Thread closed. Read the stickeys please.

~~Tito~~
My Device(s):
Phone: T-Mobile HTC One HBOOT Status: S-Off ROM: InsertCoin Accesories: Bear Motion Premium Slim Back Cover

This phone is amazing. Bravo HTC, bravo .

My Twitter My Google+

Tags
dual boot, hd2, wp7
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe