FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

Capacitive key backlight timeout

7,047 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,050

By ftgg99, Account currently disabled on 25th October 2010, 09:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
What do i need to edit to increase the timeout of the capacitive buttons? Im sure everyone is in this boat - the backlight switches off after two seconds or so of inactivity...
Last edited by ftgg99; 25th October 2010 at 09:57 AM.

25th October 2010, 08:44 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgg99

What do i need to edit to increase the timeout of the capacitive buttons? Im sure everyone is in this boat - the backlight switches off after two seconds or so of inactivity...

Hi,

Thats an interesting one...I have no idea (until now I was a WM user), but I would be glad to kwno how to increase the timeout. Shouldn't it be locked to the display timeout? Would make sense in my opinion...

regards
TrashX
31st October 2010, 11:21 PM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled

More
Bump......
3rd November 2010, 02:38 PM |#4  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 21

More
What about setting the LEDs up to show notifications for new messages, new emails, missed calls, etc.?
5th November 2010, 11:58 PM |#5  

More
Bump.......
7th November 2010, 02:12 PM |#6  
Flag Ankara, Turkey
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Exclamation
This is nothing about development... please post in General instead of Development forum, you'll find your answer faster there next time.
7th November 2010, 02:44 PM |#7  

More
oh really? i would say a) editing core android files is development and b) am i really getting advice from a noob?
7th November 2010, 04:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
There's this... Blinker - Button LED Notification

Still early days, but if he's got direct control over those buttons he might be able to change the timeout, and the app answers zyborg's post in any case.
7th November 2010, 04:25 PM |#9  

More
I shall ask him.
8th November 2010, 02:16 PM |#10  
Flag Linz
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVallat

There's this... Blinker - Button LED Notification

Still early days, but if he's got direct control over those buttons he might be able to change the timeout, and the app answers zyborg's post in any case.

I can't find the timeout... I guess its the same timeout like for the Lockscreen 5000ms.
I could only do a workarround, something like everytime when the light turns off... my app turns it on. But thats a little bit dirty ;)
Last edited by djbrutale; 8th November 2010 at 02:31 PM.
8th November 2010, 06:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 766

More
I imagine that this will not be easy, as there is a development thread over in the SGS forum about Back Light Notifications (BLN).

It can only be achieved through flashing a modified kernel - and as I understand it, the dev tried many different methods to get it to work until deciding on the current method.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backlight, capacitive, timeout
Previous Thread Next Thread