Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Sense 2.6.32.24+BFS+HAVS+USB HOST+UVOC+CIFS+NFS+NTFS+TUN

Tip us?

kahuna0k
Old
(Last edited by kahuna0k; 2nd November 2010 at 01:52 PM.) Reason: version 0.2
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [KERNEL] Sense 2.6.32.24+BFS+HAVS+USB HOST+UVOC+CIFS+NFS+NTFS+TUN

Hello,

I have compiled my own version of the bravo froyo kernel, I have mixed the work of kingklick for the incredible and the work of snq- as the 2.2b-sdfix kernel, changing some defaults voltages and add the Sven Killg's usb-host support. I have also added NFS, tun/openvpn, NTFS, UTF-8 and some usb devices I need. This kernel supports HAVS, that is Hybrid AVS that adjust the CPU voltage based the hardware feedback. In my desire is working quite fine, have no time for battery testing but it seems good. More feedback is welcome!

I am still waiting for an USB OTG Cable, so I cannot test the USB-Host part, it should work without problem following the instructions at http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/ but if you find any problem, report it here.

Changelog:

-gg1:
GPU Fix from snq- and change versioning scheme.

v0.3:
Major change, based on official bravo and mix several patches from different sources. Now the kernel version is 2.6.32.24 and includes lots of changes. BFS, HAVS and more from the kingklick incredible kernel.

v0.2:
Remove usb sound support and add tun.ko for openvpn.

v0.1
I have put back IPv6 support, only 100Kb more and Google Googles works again :D

Of course thanks to snq-, kingklick, LeeDroid, Sven, Koush and everybody here doing such a great job!
Attached Files
File Type: zip kernel-v0.2-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.76 MB, 211 views)
File Type: zip kernel-v0.3-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.76 MB, 425 views)
File Type: zip kernel-gg1-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.76 MB, 915 views)

Diamondback
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6289
Next step should be a kind of toggle for the usb host mode, something userfriendly...
Any chance for something like this?

kahuna0k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback2010 View Post
Next step should be a kind of toggle for the usb host mode, something userfriendly...
Any chance for something like this?
The problem is that as far as I know once you have the ehci-ucd module loaded the usb mode change, even if you unload it. Doing an app to load unload all the usb-modules should be trivial, once I get the usb-otg cable I'll try it. Maybe I will code some kind of no-gui just a menu switch-on switch-off app, but doing it blindly would not be very easy :D

Regards,

w.0.o.t
Old
Thanks Meter 1
with ipv6 removed, google goggles will no longer work. any reason why you removed it? just curious.
TROLL BE TROLLING.

henri54
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does it work.in hd Rom ?

fllash
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
I flashed it, and it works fine (the usual stuff, that is).
I also went to the linked website, and followed the instructions (though some of it made not much sense).

Then i plugged it into my computer over usb and selected mount as storage, and it mounted - so it didnt work?

Which instructions are the ones we need to follow?

Josh.
Device: One X
ROM: IC Sense 4+ - 13.00 - English Improved (by me)

Current Translation Projects:
- LBE Security
- QQ Security
- Kingsoft Battery Monitor

If you have anything you'd like English-ified, give me a shout.

kahuna0k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.0.o.t View Post
with ipv6 removed, google goggles will no longer work. any reason why you removed it? just curious.
Trying to save some bytes, I've put it back as it is only 100Kb more :D

kahuna0k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllash View Post
I flashed it, and it works fine (the usual stuff, that is).
I also went to the linked website, and followed the instructions (though some of it made not much sense).

Then i plugged it into my computer over usb and selected mount as storage, and it mounted - so it didnt work?

Which instructions are the ones we need to follow?

Josh.
The instructions about usb host-mode you need a OTG cable and a powered usb hub and then using conectbot or adb through wireless you need to manually load the needed modules, they are all at /system/lib/modules. The minimum is usbcore.ko and ehci-hcd.ko but you will need others to do usefull things. I think that we will need to kill some htc process because it seems that it is accessing the usb in slave mode. Once I'll get the OTG cable I'll try to get further, but right now the usb-host is just supported in the kernel, nothing else.

Regards

w.0.o.t
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahuna0k View Post
Trying to save some bytes, I've put it back as it is only 100Kb more :D
thanks very much. i'm flashing the new one in a minute.
TROLL BE TROLLING.

littlej
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hy , thanks for u'r work, one more thing can u add support for open-vpn? i flashed u'r kernel but openvpn aint working anymore

thanks