Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 50,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Customize keyboard

Tip us?

youriou
Old
(Last edited by M_T_M; 28th October 2010 at 05:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Customize keyboard

Hi HTC Dudes,

could anyone advise on how to customize and install either better or slideit keyboard, i have them installed but couldn't change the default to any of the mentioned above Keyboards. and i would like to be able to write in Arabic as well

could any one help Please

Thanks in advance Dudes.

Moved to General by Mod

nxtwrld
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have to switch the keyboard in settings. Then there is a little gear on one of the keys of the default keyboard. You just longpress that and it will offer you to select input mode. You can select the keyboard you have installed yourself.
HTC Flyer & Sensation < iPhone 4 < Desire HD < Motorola Milestone < Touch Diamond < iPhone 3G < iPhone

youriou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtwrld View Post
I have to switch the keyboard in settings. Then there is a little gear on one of the keys of the default keyboard. You just longpress that and it will offer you to select input mode. You can select the keyboard you have installed yourself.
still cannot find the gear key on the keyboard, could you Please be more precise ?

Thanks

dazultra2000
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by youriou View Post
still cannot find the gear key on the keyboard, could you Please be more precise ?

Thanks
On mine, my keyboard has an EN button on it. If I press that it gives me a shortlist of languages. If I then press Settings I can then alter text input settings - can't see arabic though...I'd expect you'd need an Asian ROM for that...

HTC One (M8) in Grey - S-OFF
Android 4.4.3
ROM: Android Revolution HD 10.1

Galaxy Tab 10.1

Also have: SPV (Canary), SPV C500 (Typhoon), SPV C550 (Hurricane), SPV M2000 (BlueAngel), SPV M5000 (Universal), TyTNII (Kaiser), Treo Pro (Panther), Touch Pro2 (Rhodium), Desire S (Saga), Desire HD (Ace), One X, One (M7)

Tags
keyboard