Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[KERNEL] SpeedMod Froyo [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

OP hardcore

16th January 2011, 07:17 PM   |  #10011  
schiphol's Avatar
Senior Member
AMS
Thanks Meter: 38
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore

Test version K12O-T3:

- Brightness sensitivity at lowest end adjust to be more stable
- Some mic volume adjustments

Auto-brightness should be more balanced now.

Hc, thanks again for your persistance!
Sadly, I'm still getting the lowest level sitting in my living room, or any other room that is illuminated by artificial light only. I just found out something else: it doesn't really matter if I switch on more lights, the phone stays at level 1 = dark. Can't test with natural light anymore, it's already dark out!
16th January 2011, 07:29 PM   |  #10012  
dupel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 23
 
1,368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiphol

Hc, thanks again for your persistance!
Sadly, I'm still getting the lowest level sitting in my living room, or any other room that is illuminated by artificial light only. I just found out something else: it doesn't really matter if I switch on more lights, the phone stays at level 1 = dark. Can't test with natural light anymore, it's already dark out!

Mind describing your light bulb/sending a pic (switched off, ofcourse). Quite interested in finding out which work and which don't.


Edit: Very happy with T3.
Last edited by dupel; 16th January 2011 at 07:40 PM.
16th January 2011, 07:37 PM   |  #10013  
schiphol's Avatar
Senior Member
AMS
Thanks Meter: 38
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dupel

Mind describing your light bulb/sending a pic (switched off, ofcourse). Quite interested in finding out which work and which don't.

Yeah sure if you think it might help. I have a lamp with 3x

this bulb

And then I have two side lamps by the couch that have similar bulbs only those are 25 watts each
16th January 2011, 07:41 PM   |  #10014  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8,152
 
3,435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiphol

Hc, thanks again for your persistance!
Sadly, I'm still getting the lowest level sitting in my living room, or any other room that is illuminated by artificial light only. I just found out something else: it doesn't really matter if I switch on more lights, the phone stays at level 1 = dark. Can't test with natural light anymore, it's already dark out!

The lowest level is not as low now anyway, should still be comfortable.

How about checking this.

Dial *#0*# choose sensor and let me know roughly what values u see under light sensor in those conditions.

U can try moving / tilting the phone around to see how it "catches" the light.

After the test the auto brightness is disabled so u have to toggle it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hardcore For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2011, 07:42 PM   |  #10015  
dupel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 23
 
1,368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiphol

Yeah sure if you think it might help. I have a lamp with 3x

this bulb

And then I have two side lamps by the couch that have similar bulbs only those are 25 watts each

Heh, simple usual bulb...

I thought autobrightness didn't work for me because I have some fancy power saving buld, hence distorted light and weak detection. But mine now works...

Will go and test it around house/mcdonalds in a bit.
16th January 2011, 07:51 PM   |  #10016  
PIRATA!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 97
 
1,886 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore

Test version K12O-T3:

- Brightness sensitivity at lowest end adjust to be more stable
- Some mic volume adjustments

Auto-brightness should be more balanced now.

Will you release an official version soon based on these improvements? I'm waiting for applying last SpeedMod, and since I don't upgrade frequently, I was waiting for an official release.

Thank you.
16th January 2011, 07:57 PM   |  #10017  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
I think T3 is too dark!
16th January 2011, 07:59 PM   |  #10018  
schiphol's Avatar
Senior Member
AMS
Thanks Meter: 38
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore

The lowest level is not as low now anyway, should still be comfortable.

How about checking this.

Dial *#0*# choose sensor and let me know roughly what values u see under light sensor in those conditions.

U can try moving / tilting the phone around to see how it "catches" the light.

After the test the auto brightness is disabled so u have to toggle it.

Hi hardcore, it jumps up and down a little bit, between 16-30 lux.
EDIT: it does sometimes actually hits a low of 6-9 lux but then quickly goes up again!
Last edited by schiphol; 16th January 2011 at 08:02 PM.
16th January 2011, 08:02 PM   |  #10019  
bokbacken's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Halmstad
Thanks Meter: 125
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

Will you release an official version soon based on these improvements? I'm waiting for applying last SpeedMod, and since I don't upgrade frequently, I was waiting for an official release.

Thank you.

Now that is a strange question coming from a Pirate! Don't you have the courage?
Waiting for an official release how cl is that?

(Or do you only want released stuff for free)
The Following User Says Thank You to bokbacken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2011, 08:06 PM   |  #10020  
sewe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 234
 
1,447 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpo84

I think T3 is too dark!

Yep you´re right, t3 tend to be darker than t2 in the same environment

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel, speedmod
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes