5,593,793 Members 44,637 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] SpeedMod Froyo [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

Tip us?

mlj11
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi, some constructive criticism from a noob... if you don't mind!

I don't like the 30% reduction in the lowest brightness level. Yes, I know that the highest brightness level remains unchanged, so I can simply increase my default brightness to match the level I used before I flashed the kernel.

BUT... when the battery level is <10%, the phone automatically reduces the brightness to its lowest level. I know that I can manually reset the brightness again by going to Settings > Display but this is extremely troublesome, and the phone automatically adjusts it back to lowest when the screen goes off.

Can I humbly suggest that this tweak become optional in the next version of the kernel? Many thanks!

Toonio
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj11 View Post
Hi, some constructive criticism from a noob... if you don't mind!

I don't like the 30% reduction in the lowest brightness level. Yes, I know that the highest brightness level remains unchanged, so I can simply increase my default brightness to match the level I used before I flashed the kernel.

BUT... when the battery level is <10%, the phone automatically reduces the brightness to its lowest level. I know that I can manually reset the brightness again by going to Settings > Display but this is extremely troublesome, and the phone automatically adjusts it back to lowest when the screen goes off.

Can I humbly suggest that this tweak become optional in the next version of the kernel? Many thanks!
IIRC it is optional through recovery menu. So you can turn this feature off...
I am now @JVB, so can't verify
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lgkahn
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerusz View Post
It probably happens because calls are directed through the analog amp and those who use VoodooSound usually use the "forced" mode (set their digital media volume to the max and set the amplification to a lower value).

If that's the situation, it can't be tweaked in the kernel. If there is an activity in VoodooControl that can be called from Tasker and sets the amp to a given value, it might be manageable.
thats not the case because i dont use the force analog volume keys mode.
and it didnt do this in ,9,1, voodoo and 13d version.. i have reverted back to that now.

KennyLegend
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonio View Post
Yes that's correct.
You can turn off speedmod min brightness setting in cwm. Hardcore addressed this at k13c if I remember correctly.

Sent from another GALAXY
[COLOR="Red"]HTC One M7
Galaxy Note 3 SM 9005

If i helped you, hit that thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyLegend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mlj11
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonio View Post
I don't think so. The option at recovery is only if you use Auto Brightness:
http://touristinparadise.blogspot.co...od-kernel.html

I had it disabled, but since I use manual brightness, the option doesn't affect me.

mlj11
Old
(Last edited by mlj11; 19th April 2011 at 12:59 PM.) Reason: new stuff...
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyLegend View Post
Yes that's correct.
You can turn off speedmod min brightness setting in cwm. Hardcore addressed this at k13c if I remember correctly.

Sent from another GALAXY
Just to be sure, I'll reboot into recovery now and see if the option is available. In the CWM menu you say?

Edit:

I'm in recovery now, specifically in the SpeedMod ULK > Color & Brightness options.

There are four options here: Neutral, Cold and Warm Colors, and "Disable darkest auto-brightness level". I already selected the last one. At the bottom of my screen this is confirmed by the line "Selected options: AUTOBRIGHTNESS_NO_DARKEST".

I don't think that's what I'm talking about. As far as I can tell, that option only affects the auto-brightness setting, not the manual settings. Which means there is still a 30% reduction in the minimum brightness even if I select this.

duffymm
Old
Thanks Meter 24
@hardcore

check supercurio's initiative about the GIT HUB for gingerbread kernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1040291

maybe that could bring faster / easier development

dcarr622
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Hardcore's kernel has always been one of my favorites. I hope he can work with the new unified github that supercurio and many other guys are participating in so that we can all benefit! I'm looking forward to a Hardcore Gingerbread kernel!
  • Google Glass - #TeamShale
  • Nexus 5 - White - 16GB
  • Nexus 7 - White - Google I/O Edition
  • HP TouchPad 32GB
LG Optimus G E970, Galaxy Nexus GSM, HTC HD2 T9193, Samsung Galaxy S I9000M 'Bell Vibrant', HTC Tilt

Toonio
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj11 View Post
Just to be sure, I'll reboot into recovery now and see if the option is available. In the CWM menu you say?

Edit:

I'm in recovery now, specifically in the SpeedMod ULK > Color & Brightness options.

There are four options here: Neutral, Cold and Warm Colors, and "Disable darkest auto-brightness level". I already selected the last one. At the bottom of my screen this is confirmed by the line "Selected options: AUTOBRIGHTNESS_NO_DARKEST".

I don't think that's what I'm talking about. As far as I can tell, that option only affects the auto-brightness setting, not the manual settings. Which means there is still a 30% reduction in the minimum brightness even if I select this.
OK, then its description is little bit confusing.

jay_993
Old
Thanks Meter 93
if speedmod added screen sensitivity option it would be nice...

Tags
kernel, speedmod