Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] SpeedMod Froyo [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

Tip us?
 
kapetan_sifakas
Old
(Last edited by kapetan_sifakas; 3rd November 2010 at 11:49 AM.)
#501  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 31
Join Date: Aug 2010
OK i am brave and installed the G version HZ=1000. But what is the difference? Is there any risk for the phone?
 
hardcore
Old
#502  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8143
Posts: 3,435
Join Date: Sep 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetan_sifakas View Post
OK i am brave and installed the G version HZ=1000. But what is the difference? Is there any risk for the phone?
No risk. Should be smoother but maybe poorer battery life.


Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
 
Adevem
Old
#503  
Adevem's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 1,298
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetan_sifakas View Post
OK i am brave and installed the G version HZ=1000. But what is the difference? Is there any risk for the phone?
probably poorer battery life since it's straining the phone more.
 
kapetan_sifakas
Old
#504  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 31
Join Date: Aug 2010
OK thnx i will post my experience with this kernel!
 
dupel
Old
#505  
dupel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 1,367
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Okay, Im now ready to make a statement about abttery life.

-Last night on airplane mode - 3%.
-Normal night (with pretty much all kernels, with +-2%) is 8% (norm for froyo, had a bit smaller drop on eclair).
-Usage with latest G kernel (browsing internet mostly, either opera or stock). Just crazy. I can go through 40% of battery in just a bit more than hour. What I am not sure is that it is hardcore kernel to blame - same is on other kernels (even oc, or uv).

So its either some traits that latest kernels (YAOK, OC and this) share, or something to do with ROM, or something to do with my configuration.

Configuration. ext4X3, all hardcore tweaks (all!), Docs ROM, Launcherpro with twitter 15min, facebook 3hours, beatigul widgets 30 min-wakeup.
Services/apps: flip2silent (never had issues), nobars (never had issues), powerstrip (never had issues), ocassionaly systempanel (but without monitoring in background).
Nokia 5800
At first I was like , but than I was all
 
corgar
Old
#506  
corgar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 1,061
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rome

 
DONATE TO ME
Same here 25% of battery drain was media scanning...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
 
thoriig
Old
#507  
thoriig's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2010
ive monitored (system panel) all running process and there is not a single one with high usage (max 30% and this was mediascanner after reboot). and no constant usage. 3 min cpu time from system in 7 hours was the maximum.

BUT

power dropped from 88% to 54%. conlucion for my case: it isnt process related.

spare parts doesnt give any better information and sgs tools too. but sgs tools say that 95% of battery goes into display.

display brightness is in automatic mode. now i monitor with 50% display brightness fix. could it be that the automatic mode is bugged again?

(wlan off, bt off, sensor off, gps off, LP with friendswidget 1 hour reload)
iPhone 3 and 3GS
-----------------------
Samsung Galaxy S 9000I
-----------------------
HTC HD7 WP7 32 GB-Mod
-----------------------
iPhone 4
-----------------------
Nexus S Amoled
-----------------------
HTC Sensation, HTC Desire S
-----------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note - atm stay with Note
-----------------------
 
kara mustafa
Old
#508  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 530
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoriig View Post
30% lost per hour? even if i play complex 3d games i will not lost 30% per hour.

have u got seti@home client on background running?

install spare parts from market and look what ur battery drain. if there is no obvious couse just download android terminal and put in commands "ps > /sdcard/process.txt" download the txt from sdcard and post it here with infos about our rom, lagfix options and so on.
I am using 3G so maybe it was a reason of battery drain. I don't know but battery drain exists;d
 
DocRambone
Old
#509  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2613
Posts: 6,349
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stockholm

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoriig View Post
ive monitored (system panel) all running process and there is not a single one with high usage (max 30% and this was mediascanner after reboot). and no constant usage. 3 min cpu time from system in 7 hours was the maximum.

BUT

power dropped from 88% to 54%. conlucion for my case: it isnt process related.

spare parts doesnt give any better information and sgs tools too. but sgs tools say that 95% of battery goes into display.

display brightness is in automatic mode. now i monitor with 50% display brightness fix. could it be that the automatic mode is bugged again?

(wlan off, bt off, sensor off, gps off, LP with friendswidget 1 hour reload)
Try to disable ext4 lagfix, i had severe drain with ext4 fixes.
 
thoriig
Old
#510  
thoriig's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 79
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRambone View Post
Try to disable ext4 lagfix, i had severe drain with ext4 fixes.
that should be the next step. i think it hurts to disable it and feels.....naked with/out lagfix
iPhone 3 and 3GS
-----------------------
Samsung Galaxy S 9000I
-----------------------
HTC HD7 WP7 32 GB-Mod
-----------------------
iPhone 4
-----------------------
Nexus S Amoled
-----------------------
HTC Sensation, HTC Desire S
-----------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note - atm stay with Note
-----------------------

Tags
kernel, speedmod
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes