No registration required

Built in Email app acting up.

OP aziz831

30th October 2010, 06:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

91 posts
More
I updated my phone to the new Rodriguez MIUI rom a couple days ago and everything was working fine. But then I saw that on the Rodriguez MIUI Rom thread the latest 5.12.00.08 radio is recommended. Prior to this i was using the 4.06.00.12_7 radio.

So i wiped my phone put on the new radio, reinstalled the rom and added the fix for the cm6 camera to work with MIUI, added the pershoot's kernel and the super battery circle

Now i cant add my university's email settings to work, but previously with all the ROMS i have ever used i had no issue.

these are the settings :

POP server
pop3 server: mail.ryerson.ca
pop3 ssl port: 995 (secure - recommended setting)
pop3 port: 110

Outgoing server
outgoing smtp server: mail.ryerson.ca
smtp port: 587
enable: TLS security

The incoming server works fine but then when i enter the outgoing server info i get a pop up message saying TLS required but not supported by server.

So like i said before i was using this same ROM just this morning and this email client was working just fine.

Can anyone share any insight on this? I use my university email a lot and its so much easier getting regular updates automatically instead of signing into the website.

Thanks.
31st October 2010, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

241 posts
More
Would also like to know... I don't like using the 3rd party apps like k-9, and would prefer to stick with this.
1st November 2010, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 36

241 posts
More
I found a temporary solution for this problem... I just set up my smtp address to go through my carrier (bell) instead of the school servers. Hopefully they address this issue soon...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread