Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Pubtran London 0.1

Tip us?

fhucho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [APP] Pubtran London 0.1

Hi, I just released a London public transit journey planner app - Pubtran London. You'll find it on the Market. Can you try it and give some feedback?

FEATURES
  • Intelligent autocomplete with all London stops / stations
  • Easy to use and neat interface
  • ...more coming later, this is the first version
This is based on my "Pubtran" app (journey planner for Czech Republic, #4 top rated on appbrain.com). I want to create versions for more cities / countries in the future, if you are a developer willing to cooperate on this, please let me know. I'm working on making it really easy for developers to add support for other public transit networks.
The Following User Says Thank You to fhucho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benG1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there,

Just installed the program. I am guessing the lack of stations is because it is still in beta.
I like the interface, simple is nice.

However, I get constant FC on my Samsung Galaxy i9000. So i cannot fully test the program .

fhucho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
@benG1

Thanks for trying it! What stations are missing and when do you get the FCs? I know that when you enter a station that is not in the autocomplete list, it usually crashes.
I will fix that obviously but I think that users would rarely enter the whole station manually - they would select it from the autocomplete (if it's there of course).

BTW are you from London?

benG1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh wait my bad. All stations are there. Just only the stations beginning with a are shown in dropdown box with no input into search box which is what confused me.

Fc's when i click find journey...

And yes i am from London but in newcastle at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

fhucho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
The newest version from the Market should fix some crashing issues.
But there is still one bug - it crashes when you enter stop name that contains apostrophe (').

I was asking if you are from London to find out if nearest stop suggestions are working but now I know it doesn't...

benG1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just downloaded the new one.

For some reason, even though I am in Newcastle it gave me my 2 nearest stations back home... whether or not that is because I put in my station last time.

But gave me the correct route, just some buses came up as D...what does that mean? Rail replacement?

Otherwise, gives good routes and such. Looking good, potential app for me to use at home

fhucho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
The stops are sorted based on several factors - previous use, time of previous use, importance (tube stations are more importnt than bus stops) and geo distance. So the 2 were suggested because you used them previously.

What is bus D - I don't know too , probably replacement.

benG1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looking good then, just the apostrophe issue and i say good to go! Loving the simplistic theme so please dont change .

fhucho
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Simplicity is one of my top priorities, so you don't need to worry
But I guess it'll take some time before final release is ready - there are still some minor issues and I want to add some features (search options, add to calendar etc).

Karolis
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Definitely has more stations than any other existing app on the market.

The interface is very simple, which I like, but it takes time to realise what means what. I mean like how the transfers are marked, etc. Maybe you could include some help with the app or starting overview.

And the only visual bug I've noticed on my Nexus One is that if the station name is too long, it goes under delete button and looks a bit messy. I think the button should have a white background, so that it hides text under it.