Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 50,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove T-mobile customizations from my Omnia 7

Tip us?

Meanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Remove T-mobile customizations from my Omnia 7

Greetings all,

I am hoping one of you can help me - I have recently received a T-mobile branded Omnia 7, which arrived locked. I have unlocked the phone and have it working now with my o2 sim card.

My problem is that the phone remains branded and customized to T-mobile - the loading splash screen (which I can live with) and the default homepage within the internet explorer (which I seemingly cannot change). Hence whenever I perform a search I am redirected to a T-mobile branded google search (not the end of the world but the pages are then riddled with T-mobile links to their own website etc.

I have tried a factory reset to no avail - the T-mobile customizations remain. Does anyone know how to remove these brandings? or at the very least remove them from IE?

Thank you in advance for your help.

powersquad
Old
Thanks Meter 2
how did you unlock the phone?

Meanblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default unlock code

mobileunlocked .co .uk

They were very quick - I also emailed them a question which they responded to within 30 mins - reassuring.

They delivered the unlock code the following day.

Cost me £24 I believe. Highly recommended.

ceesheim
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2119

DONATE TO ME
you can't de-brand a wp7 phone , only when we have custom rom's/jailbreak/HSPL we can do that .

Cheap 2TB online storage !!!
http://www.livedrive.com/?tid=RCBX8BJR&r=1

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers

owczarb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Its weird. I have omnia 7 directly from T-mobile as well but I dont have some of the T-mo customizations. I have standard bing as a search engine, and no default home page in internet explorer. My phone is still locked to them as I love flext tariff, so only thing is the loading screen (which I have just seen once
Is there any way to copy rom from one phone to another?

jedix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
dont forget carriers will unlock it free for you over the phone, orange, voda and t-mobile (i've done it with these straight away after buying) so am sure a lot of others do.

just out of interest to some of you when you get ur spanky new phone and you unlock it for another carrier, the insurance you have is probs void as each call/sim is logged and if its not your carriers sim/phone combo they wont honor the insurance. This is specialy true to orange from september so others will probs follow soon if they havn't already.

vaiox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Remove!!!

Helllo ,
Iíve got device from T-mobile,and unlocked it by code, but when I press search when in IE I got a page t-mobile-favoriten page in Deutschland language.
Do you know how help me to remove it please?
I'm waiting for your answer.
Merry christmass!!
Best Regard.

Imperial Dynamics
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi from Greece. I got mine from Germany. Used the network profile app to switch to Vodafone Greece but still have the default search issue. I've found this link and app that promises to change the provider to Bing but i haven't tried it yet (too scared to try an app that makes registry changes). Please try it and tell me how it worked (if it worked that is :P )

www dot nextbestgeek dot com/2010/12/30/remove-t-mobile-branding-on-samsung-omnia-7-partially/

(Apparently xda won't let me post a link as i am a new user. replace dot with '.')

Thanks,
happy new year everyone

lyriquidperfection
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanblue View Post
mobileunlocked .co .uk

They were very quick - I also emailed them a question which they responded to within 30 mins - reassuring.

They delivered the unlock code the following day.

Cost me £24 I believe. Highly recommended.

Hi I paid £13 ($20) at fastgsm.com. Its a cable unlock solution but once u purchase an unlock credit, ur phone is done in seconds! So cheaper is better i so believe!

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
My Applications

EFS Professional v2.1.73 (With Qualcomm NV Tools and PIT Magic) - For All Android Devices

LG CSMG Tool v1.0.21 - For LG Mobile Server Queries and Firmware Checking

PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor and Analyzer

Odin ROM Package Builder v1.3 - Complete Pre-Root and Repack Utilities for Linux

Samsung Quick Root v1.7.10 And HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - All In One Root / Unroot Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like my hard work, please buy me a coffee and a pack of nappies for my little daughter!

kuerbis2
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Hi Imperial Dynamics,

should work as advertised but I'm the developer . Actually all it does is chaning the search scope, so it doesn't delete any setting that might be there. I have it running on my Omnia 7 from t-mobile an reverted the t-mobile search back to bing.
You can always switch back to t-mobile search.

regards,
-tobias

Tags
omnia 7, t-mobile