[Q] How to get Android Market

Tip us?

rakeshjn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to get Android Market

Hi,

I live in the UAE and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab here. It doesn have the Android Market installed and shows an error. I am not able to install popular applications like Tango etc because there is no android market. I have SlideME, but its useless with no cool apps.

I heard about reseting the region settings to get AM in Galaxy S from another link but have no clue how to about Froyo 2.2 on Galaxy Tab.

Please advice.

rakesh

utrx
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshjn View Post
Hi,

I live in the UAE and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab here. It doesn have the Android Market installed and shows an error. I am not able to install popular applications like Tango etc because there is no android market. I have SlideME, but its useless with no cool apps.

I heard about reseting the region settings to get AM in Galaxy S from another link but have no clue how to about Froyo 2.2 on Galaxy Tab.

Please advice.

rakesh
I have the exact same problem mate. Check my thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818167

No easy solution yet like the Galaxy S. Only flashing, which am not willing to do at the moment

rakeshjn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default hey

hey bud,

Thank you for the reply.i found a link in this forum with the package called 'vending_froyo' posted by moneytoo.

I installed it successfully but market doesn't connect. I guess the IP address from UAE is blocked or somethin..

let me know how does it work for you...