Thread Closed

[Q] Viewsonic gtablet

OP catttman

1st November 2010, 12:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio
Thanks Meter: 16

252 posts
I just got a Viewsonic gtablet from Sears today (was on sale $379.00),looks like it can be very powerful... but I am lost ,it needs some updates... no market ... Very fast on the net... no flash at all,wont play any youtubes
I hope someone know s something about this tablet , I cant find any help other than calling Viewsonics help number
this is the newest pad i ever seen

The Following User Says Thank You to catttman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2010, 02:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

589 posts
just saw this device today on engadget.. ive been looking for a phone/tablet but this baby is fast enough that I might just use my g1 for calls and use this for everything else.. I wonder if there is going to be any modding for this device? Wonder if we can get marketplace that would be nice.
1st November 2010, 03:01 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 497

2,471 posts
I am very interested in this tablet as well. If someone could get the market working, it would probably be the best android tablet out there right now.
1st November 2010, 03:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 1,410

3,472 posts
I'm probably going to call my local SEARS, tomorrow - I pre-ordered an Archos 101, but this thing might actually be better (and available quicker). It's a little pricier than I was looking to spend, but it's probably very fast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roebeet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2010, 03:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 1

86 posts
More
@catttman,
also interested in the viewsonic. apparently sears sold out its preorders online. can you confirm if its running 2.2 and the ram? Hopefully the ram is 1GB. Take some pics of the device :P
1st November 2010, 04:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio

252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev30

@catttman,
also interested in the viewsonic. apparently sears sold out its preorders online. can you confirm if its running 2.2 and the ram? Hopefully the ram is 1GB. Take some pics of the device :P

2.2 yes.... ram 512 memory

fast.... missing the market and No flashplayer (yet)
1st November 2010, 04:54 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland Ohio

252 posts
The Viewsonic 10 inch Android powered G-Tablet will be available for purchase via Sears online and in-store beginning this Tuesday. The tablet features Android 2.2, Nvidia’s Tegra 2 chipset running at 1GHz, 512MB RAM, 16GB of internal flash memory, microSDHC expansion slot, 10-inch capacitive display and a front-facing camera for video calls via Wi-Fi.

Pricing is currently set at $379.99, but the online store incorrectly points to a listing for the ViewSonic ViewPad which is a similar tablet that includes dual-boot capability with Android and Windows 7.
1st November 2010, 06:45 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 33

450 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL1b109GB2c

Someone posted that video. It shows that we really need someone smarter than I to get on this thing. This thing needs stock android ASAP, or at least something that removes the overlay and gets the normal apps on it. I am thinking of getting one if my local sears has them and a good return policy. The key will be installing a hacked version of market on it. Or if possible just installing the market APK and editing the file that tricks it into thinking it's a nexus.
1st November 2010, 06:52 AM   |  #9  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 80

850 posts
Donate to Me
More
I also purchased one tonight and it is utter junk with this TapnTap UI loaded on it. I did manage to load Launcher Pro and this thing was FLYING! Lets get this project moving!
The Following User Says Thank You to serialtoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2010, 06:56 AM   |  #10  
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 1

86 posts
More
from that youtube video:

tap n tap UI looks decent. I'm worried about the wifi issue. looks like i'll stop by sears tomorrow and hopefully can pick one up.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread