WARNING about HTCSimUnlock.com

Tip us?

Noblelox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs down WARNING about HTCSimUnlock.com

Hi All,

Can I just share my poor experience with HTCSimUnlock.com.

Got the wife a new HTC Wildfire, which needed unlocking, so I had a scoot about a couple of threads on here and HTCSimUnlock.com seemed to be OK. So I paid my fee and waited for my code. Needless to say, it didn't go well. 20 minutes later I got an email back from them saying they couldn't find the code, but they had an *EXCLUSIVE* service for a deep search that I couldn't get any place else, but it would cost me the same money again. So started looking for the process to start this fully automatic refund they are supposed to offer. Nothing, I even tried with a second browser just in case Firefox has not showing it. So I ended up emailing them.... and again, and again. Nothing, other than spam offering insurance and backup services for the code they never sent me.

I've sent it to the credit card people as a fraud now, and it's up to them to chase these people.

I ended up going to a UK unlocker who were charging the same fee HTCSimUnlock.com tried to charge by deception, but at least they had the decency to stipulate before hand that newer handsets would cost more.

Needless to say, I would not recommend these people(person) Their claim of an automatic refund is untrue.

finchfinch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Interesting I went to them aswell based on the good reviews.

I also paid for my order yesterday to unlock the wildfire. But as of yet no e-mail.
It does say it can take up to 24 hours, so the INSTANT DELIVERY on their home page is a little misleading. I'll see how it goes and report back for people that are interested.

sschrapel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great, I just ordered a code from them too...paid via credit card so I guess if I don't hear anything from them i'll have to call my bank about it.

sigh, i guess it was only $17AUD. or at least i hope thats all they actually charged to my credit card.

finchfinch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Right, I put in an order sunday morning and still nothing. it just says "**Processing**" under the status. I've e-mailed them twice since and not a single reply.

Seem like fraudsters to me. Will be opening a claim with paypal.

kedaha
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Also went with them based on positive feedback from before the website was sold. Scam. Scamtastic. Opened dispute with paypal and contacted SWReg about refund.

Toquinha1977
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Dammit, looks like I just got taken for $14.50 myself. I didn't even get an order reference number, but they didn't feel too bad about taking my money. I'm going to PayPal right now.

Toquinha1977
Old
Thanks Meter 8
addendum...it was simunlockNOW dot com that I went through, and they actually gave me my code. Had to pay another $10 for it, because the phone just came out, but otherwise the code works fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toquinha1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

copperpotuk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default htcsimunlock.com wildfire AVOID

Avoid this company, they do not give a money back offer, you pay, they can't find the code and then ignore e-mails only paying after a paypal claim or credit card claim.

I used mobileunlocked.co.uk[/url] and they were great, getting the code in minutes, although a little more expensive at least I got what I paid for.

I will be contacting the server for htcsimunlock and seeing if I can get the site removed as its being used for fraudulent purposes.

AVOID HTCSIMUNLOCK.COM AT ALL COSTS

miljance
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same experience with HTCSimUnlock here.
The only difference is that i actually got the Unlock code wich doesn't work and offcourse, they are not responding on support e-mail.

frauders...

Smoking Tiger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default pause for breath.. before you give up…

Well I confess .. I also come here wondering why after getting caught with the best deal ever

“Order your HTC SIM Unlock Code”
ONLY $15.75! (Lowest Price Guarantee!)

then they replied

“Thank you for your recent order for the unlock code of your HTC Phone. Unfortunately, we are unable to find the unlock code for your HTC phone with our basic search.
HOWEVER, we now offer an *EXCLUSIVE* Deep Search service that can find 99% of hard-to-find unlock codes. This service is NOT AVAILABLE ANY WHERE ELSE! Due to the exclusivity of this service, it will cost a one-time upgrade fee of just $14.99.”

Then I got my Unlock code eventually for about £26 GBP only to find yes it unlocked my orange branded phone.. but I couldn’t make a call or send a text…
PAUSE for breath … I thought I’ve been shafted / scammed / stitched up / done over etc…

IT did work thou Guys….
I got a
HTC DESIRE HD (A9191) or Ace
It was locked to Orange UK

Just remember maybe you gotta go back in to your settings and change operator from orange to Vodafone in my case (lebara Sim) works off Voda network the only other thing I recall doing before it all started to work was DROP the battery out put the desired sim in side then put the battery back in..

BTW sometimes if you switch a SIM you also got to re-activate it to work with the new IMEI, in my case lebara I had to dail up 5588 as stated at their web support site.. like I said pause for breath.. before you give up…

RE- HTCSimUnlock.com

Yes they ramped the price up coz I got a newer phone and they knew that I’d take the bait.. BUT it works…. MY phone is unlocked..

And wanted to let you know…

Good luck

The smoking Tiger..

Tags
fraud, htcsimunlock.com, unlocking