Post Reply

[Q] How to install Allshare .apk and .odex

1st November 2010, 03:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
After much google searching, and searching here on XDA, I'm at a loss. I have the Allshare.apk and .odex, however I have had no luck installing them. I've tried various suggesions, including pushing them from adb shell, and nothing seems to work.

I would love to continue using custom roms, but not having Allshare is a big reason for me to just use rooted stock. The rom I'm trying to install it on is Cognition Beta (Froyo).

Titanium Backup also doesn't work for this. It tells me that it backed up Allshare, but when I try to install it, the restore button doesn't even show up.

Also, a quick question for Rom Manager. With the rom backup feature, can you only restore a backup for the rom you are using? (i.e if you want to restore a backup for another rom, you have to flash the rom first, then restore?)
1st November 2010, 04:13 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Melbourne, Florida
Thanks Meter: 0
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Although posted in the wrong forum... I'd also like an answer to this. Running CDE and would really like to have AllShare to stream movies off my media server.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
1st November 2010, 04:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotbrucato

Although posted in the wrong forum... I'd also like an answer to this. Running CDE and would really like to have AllShare to stream movies off my media server.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Not sure why this would be the wrong forum. I'm using a Captivate, and trying to install Allshare on a Captivate rom.
1st November 2010, 04:43 AM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 5
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
use root explorer and add them to System/app and paste both files there.
reboot your device, and voila
1st November 2010, 04:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendez91

use root explorer and add them to System/app and paste both files there.
reboot your device, and voila

Seriously? It's that freakin simple?
1st November 2010, 05:06 AM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 5
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
yup
try it,
and let me know the results lol
1st November 2010, 06:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendez91

yup
try it,
and let me know the results lol


Still at square one. Altho the .apk and .odex are now in system/apps, it didn't affect anything. Also, looked up root explorer, and how to use it, then downloaded it. It won't remount my main file system as read only...so it's permanently in r/w now.

Also tried flashing to killer23d's rom, to use titanium backup on the allshare he has in his rom, still wouldn't work.

So....clueless at this point.
1st November 2010, 06:07 AM   |  #8  
Dave the Knave's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 348
 
1,652 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrphoenix77

Still at square one. Altho the .apk and .odex are now in system/apps, it didn't affect anything. Also, looked up root explorer, and how to use it, then downloaded it. It won't remount my main file system as read only...so it's permanently in r/w now.

Also tried flashing to killer23d's rom, to use titanium backup on the allshare he has in his rom, still wouldn't work.

So....clueless at this point.

At one point, I had this same problem, and the only solution there is, is to reflash the rom. It's a PITA, I know. And don't worry about what your filesystem is mounted as in Root Explorer. After every reboot it reverts to read only again.
1st November 2010, 06:27 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by miztaken1312

At one point, I had this same problem, and the only solution there is, is to reflash the rom. It's a PITA, I know. And don't worry about what your filesystem is mounted as in Root Explorer. After every reboot it reverts to read only again.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be my case. Even after reflashing Cognition, my file system is still R/W. Didn't even have to hit the white button on root explorer to paste files into system/app.

Also, adding dlna.apk and dlna.odex into system/app still isn't giving me Allshare.

Edit: Well, I've found a better solution. I'm gonna go with Killer23d's rom...looks alot more like stock Froyo, is based on the I9000, has Allshare, AND Mobile AP. Both features that I wanted.

Thanks for trying guys. If anyone does come up with a solution tho, please feel free to use this thread, as searching for allshare.apk on google results in this thread being either the 2nd or 3rd search result (can't remember).
Last edited by jrphoenix77; 1st November 2010 at 06:41 AM.
1st November 2010, 07:48 PM   |  #10  
ozone777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 20
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2007
More
Works for me.
I just put AllShare back in, using the attached file, and it's working fine.

I'm running Cognition 2.2 Beta 9.1.3 and put the file into "system\app" using Root Explorer.
I also changed the permissions of the file and selected just the following:

USER = READ + WRITE
GROUP = READ
OTHERS = READ

Remove any other checked permissions.
In case you don't know how to get into the permissions, just long-press the file, from within Root Explorer, and choose "Permissions" from the list that pops up.
Don't forget to reboot right after.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Dlna.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.38 MB, 6119 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ozone777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
allshare, dlna.apk
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes