Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CONFIRMED] --> *** X10A users: Android 2.1 Update works for X10a ***

Tip us?

agentJBM
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdogg View Post
Definitely edit your APN settings, if you don't your browser will run like a slug.

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410 (note. this could also be 310, 41 or 15)
APN Type: leave blank

I upgraded to Titanium Backup Pro today and re-flashed and rooted with 2.1 generic Brazil x10a using SEUS and z4root. I wanted to start over fresh and check some of the different settings people are using, and test removing bloatware completely vs. freezing it.

I used the APN settings above this time to start. I ran speed test 4 times and never once got over 1MBPS download speed, and the upload speed was almost better.
Test1:

agentJBM
Old
(Last edited by agentJBM; 17th December 2010 at 10:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 243
[COLOR="Black"][QUOTE=sopdogg;8956751]Definitely edit your APN settings, if you don't your browser will run like a slug.

Name1: AT&T GPRS APN
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank[COLOR="Black"]
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410 (note. this could also be 310, 41 or 15)
APN Type: leave blank

I upgraded to Titanium Backup Pro today and re-flashed and rooted with 2.1 generic Brazil x10a using SEUS and z4root. I wanted to start over fresh and check some of the different settings people are using.

I wanted to check out the 3G(GPRS) vs H(HSPA) difference. Since the APN User ID ends in GPRS, I am wondering if we are limiting our speed by defining it. If you look in Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type > it says we are using H(HSPA). I used SpeedTest App and different APN settings see if I could find a difference.

I used the standard AT&T Cingular GPRS APN settings above, and ran 6 download/upload mpbs G speed tests. Then removed the User Name, Password, and MMS Port 80 from the APN settings hoping it would allow speed to increase, and ran 6 more download/upload speed tests to compare. Below are the two results.

Speed Test Name1: AT&T GPRS APN Test(download/upload) mbps
T1(1.46/1.01) T2(2.01/1.29) T3(2.20/0.89) T4(2.30/0.66) T5(1.42/0.65) T6(2.03/0.86)

Download Average 1.90 Mbps, Download high 2.30/low 1.42
Upload Average 0.89 Mbps, Upload high 1.29/low 0.65

The second test I ran with basically the same location settings, and I removed the speed settings.

Name2: AT&T (No-user Id APN)
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port:
Username: left empty
Password: left empty
Server:
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: left empty, (Settings updated itself and put 80 on its own)
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: leave empty

Speed Test Name2: No User ID APN Test(download/upload) mbps
T1(2.66/1.28) T2(2.60/1.27) T3(2.56/1.26) T4(2.52/1.27) T5(2.60/1.27) T6(2.63/1.26)

Download average 2.59 Mbps, High 2.66/Low 2.52 (+/- 5%)
Upload average 1.27 Mbps, High 1.28/Low 1.26 DEAD EVEN

Name1: APN Download 1.90 Mbps Average (Range +/- 23%)
Name2: APN Download 2.59 Mbps Average = .69 Mbps or 27% faster (consistent +/- .07 mbps)

Name1: APN Upload 0.89 Mbps Average (Range +/- 27%)
Name2: APN Upload 1.27 Mbps Six in a row = .38 Mbps or 30% faster

**About 30% faster/100% Consistent**

agentJBM
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Anyone know where I can find Brazil 1234-4836 upgrade flash? I just tried the newest update that changed me to x10i, and I lost Voice Search(google app that is only available in the USA and with 2.2 Froyo or X10a Brazil (intended for ATT)). I just flashed back to x10a with the global, and Voice Search showed up for a second and then disappeared. It is the best feature on my phone. The search bar on the home screen has a microphone tab instead of a magnifying glass, and you just speak anything from a contact person, an app, internet. It seems it is only available in the Brazil package. I originally paid $10 from fastGSM.com for it, and I'm hoping to find it here for free. Any help? Please!!

stan.s
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentJBM View Post
Anyone know where I can find Brazil 1234-4836 upgrade flash?

FWIW, I have the Br/GEL aka Generic LAM version on my ATT phone and voice search isn't there and not in the market. Miss it, but it wasn't perfect. Probibly not on it since it's supposed to be English only right now isn't it? And it doesn't make sense to put it on a ROM that's for So Am.

Here's the thread with the decrypted roms listed. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=683793

agentJBM
Old
Thanks Meter 243
There is a difference in the x10a Global Generic flashes being used on XDA. 2.1 unbraned generic Brazil 1234-4836 x10a..**Voice Search system app by google** Voice Search is a must have, once I have used it. With Voice Search, instead of having a magnifying glass icon on my search bar on the home screen, I had a microphone. From the home screen, it searches your phone, contacts, apps, internet, etc, via voice rather than typing. It is surprisingly accurate. It also allowed voice search in other market apps like Yellow Pages.

Voice search is only available in Froyo 2.2 or in USA 2.1 factory software packages. I used the 2.1 Global Generic kits available here on xda, however the Brazil 1234-4836 was not available, only 1234-4820. When I started up my phone the microphone icon was on the search bar for a couple seconds and then reverted back to the magnifying glass icon. It is not in the Global 1234-4820. You must use Brazil 1234-4836. I couldn't find the specific firmware. However, I did find out how to edit the default.prop and build.prop files with Root Explorer and change the brand from 1234-4820 to 1234-4836, and then use SEUS to repair the software from here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-828163.html

You will know it worked when the phone starts up, language will default to Portuguese(Brazil) rather than Espanol(Mexico) and it will say Proximo upper right corner.

So, there is a difference in the packages..This is a must have especially since there are no plans I have heard of to update 2.2. I don't know how well other languages are supported yet. Check google voice search on internet to find out more.

agentJBM
Old
Thanks Meter 243
I ended up rebranding by editing build.prop file and repair software SEUS, and I got voice search back. It seems to be specific to certain SI #. Worth rebranding if you ask me.

li2le
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdaddy187 View Post
I just installed the X10i 2.1 on my x10a and rooted. It works fine except it occasionally loses 3g connectivity and steps down to the 'H' (I don't know what H means). But even in 'H' data works.

The big difference I noticed was the different apps loaded faster. But overall the system is still sluggish and bringing up the app menu is choppier than before. All the Sony stuff like Dialer, Mediscape, timescape are still choppy.

So I guess you will expect this on the x10a roms too.
I did the update last night and it was superb. Very fast and one of the best. My about phone is listed below.

Model Number X10a
Firmware Version- 2.1-update1
Baseband Version - 2.0.46
Kernel Version - 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1
Build Number - 2.0.A.0.504

TeamAbcdef
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently did the update and it worked, but my camera wouldn't work anymore,(said "camera not available"), so I restored it to
1.6 nd returned my phone to att. They exchanged, and now I kinda want to try and update it gain, but I'm scared ill run into the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem with their x10a?

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

agentJBM
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAbcdef View Post
I recently did the update and it worked, but my camera wouldn't work anymore,(said "camera not available"), so I restored it to
1.6 nd returned my phone to att. They exchanged, and now I kinda want to try and update it gain, but I'm scared ill run into the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem with their x10a?

It didn't happen to me, but there are threads about this. Try doing a search.

Tags
android 2.1, gtrab, nam, update, x10a