Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 52,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change Nordic 2.1 build.prop possible?

Tip us?

zanndoth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Change Nordic 2.1 build.prop possible?

I'm currently running 2.1 Nordic on X10 mini pro. When my country's (SG) version 2.1 is out, is it possible to just change the build.prop in current Nordic version to SG and re-flash via SEUS?

Is there any other thing i should be aware of before i try that?

Thanx in advance.

vlissine
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I tried for the purpose of test to flash Russian 2.1 over Nordic 2.1. It didnīt work.

gubshi
Old
(Last edited by gubshi; 3rd November 2010 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlissine View Post
I tried for the purpose of test to flash Russian 2.1 over Nordic 2.1. It didnīt work.
****, because that's what i wanted to do when the german 2.1 is out. so, if that isn't possible, what do we do then?

edit: i read so much stuff on here the last days, what i'm going to try is de/reinstall SEUS after that, at least move or rename the /db/ folder.

zanndoth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
You can flash back to 1.6, root, change build.prop and update again via seus.

vlissine
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubshi View Post
****, because that's what i wanted to do when the german 2.1 is out. so, if that isn't possible, what do we do then?

edit: i read so much stuff on here the last days, what i'm going to try is de/reinstall SEUS after that, at least move or rename the /db/ folder.
I stand corrected. you canīt downgrade to 1.6, but can switch to another version of 2.1 via editing build.prop

It is a good idea to reinstall seus, and delete all directories of Sony Ericssson before making any drastic changes.

zanndoth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlissine View Post
I stand corrected. you canīt downgrade to 1.6, but can switch to another version of 2.1 via editing build.prop

It is a good idea to reinstall seus, and delete all directories of Sony Ericssson before making any drastic changes.
vlissine, can u list down which country version u're able to change to? Cuz i tried a few SG version but was unsuccessful.

knk1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeh u can just delete the settings db and temp folders instead of reinstalling seus I think. Something like that anyway, don't remember the exact folders

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

zanndoth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
For 1.6, all we need to do was change the country/product in build.prop and just update via seus. So i'm assuming the same applies to 2.1 as well, unless I'm wrong.

PS: U can't downgrade to 1.6 via SEUS but u can flash to 1.6 via flashtool.

porcupineadvocate
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Apparently when you tell PC Companion to Repair, it will obey whatever is in build.prop regardless of the current firmware, thus allowing you to shuttle between different 2.1 firmwares.

Allegedly, anyway. I haven't test this myself.

badboybiky
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
i just put báck the original build.prop and my phone went into infinite boot loop ????????????/ so weird. any body can help me...