Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 47,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[mod ]CHT2.0 WIDGET TypoClock Special Edition

Tip us?

poyensa
Old
(Last edited by poyensa; 15th December 2013 at 04:36 PM.) Reason: Update!
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,538
Default [mod ]CHT2.0 WIDGET TypoClock Special Edition

Typoclock Special Edition

**Download Here**

Previous versions:
Typoclock_R5
I have added a new layout named "personalize" in which all the elements of typoclock are linked to the registry values (CHT.Typoclock.XXXX) it means that hours, minutes, colon, daydate, weekday, month & AMPM can be moved, resized, coloured, and shown or hidden, also month and weekday can be shown in upper or lower letters.

So you can easily redesign your own typoclock, or just adjust the position of the elements after change the font (typoclock.ttf) The new version of typoclock keeps the same variables and previous layouts (white, black, blue, yellow & green) If you want to install it be sure to uninstall previous verssion.

Hi friends, with the help of mncessna & preston74 i have made this widget for Co0kie Home Tab 2.0 (CHT2.0) similar to android typoclock

IT IS NECESSARY TO INSTALL CO0KIE HOME TAB 2.0. This widget does not work with previous versions

1) It is done on the base of the Co0kie CHTAddon Digital Clock, but the time & calendar is text string, with the same font of the rest of Sense (Helvetica Neue OTS). The graphics files still are there but are not seen (100%transparent). I hope to get' em out in future versions to make the code much clean.
2) So it would be easier to change the color with m9editor. I want to publish in 2 colors white & black. done!
3) I have to solve also the issue of the languaje, months are always in English! done Thanks a lot to MoonNah for the new code
4) The weekday I would like to have full names. done Thanks a lot to MoonNah for the new code
5) I have move a bit the elements, please feedback if fit better now. The dayweek in English start with capital letter so it could go a bit lower still.
6) For future verssions we could try everything graphics (qtc) even month, dayweek, year, etc instead of text string. It will be much more skinneable.
7) should work correctly in 24h & am-pm. done;
8) Added a cero when date number has only a digit.
9) It is resizeable & pinneable.
10) Shoul be compatible with windroid digital clock & Poy2BinaryClock. done
11) In future version will try to add some colors into the widget, as diferents layouts. done
12) More things to do: to add blinking dots every second done; to make it biggerdone; to add alarm; to add own font; ...

Link for the widget kitchen: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10718996/Poy...r4_kitchen.zip Feel free to do any change to addapt it to your own theme.

Thanks a lot to mncessna, preston74, rat_2665 & moonNah for the files -all credits must go to them, dunc001 & mike2nl for the feedback and test, and always to co0kie monster for the CHT 2.0!

If you like blinking dots be sure to switch on show second hand in CHTEditor - widget setting - clocks - show second hands on. If you want to disable blinking dots just disable that option. (thanks to rat for adding this code in the original code, and dunc001, mike2nl & m0nkeyman for tests & feedback)

rev 03.11.2010: added a cero when hour has only one digit; added black color
rev 05.11.2010: added blinking dots (made by mncessna); added am-pm; biger up to 175%, added CHTS
rev 06.11.2010: 4 colors into the widget (black, white, blue & green)
rev 07.11.2010: i think i finally got out of all the graphics files. This version should be compatible with others digital clocks (windroid-binary-silver-co0kie)
rev 07.11.2010: added typoclock with am/pm in the middle of the two dots.
rev 08.11.2010: The typoclock includes background from the very begining, but i did not included in the cabs. If you wish to have BG copy the attached file 3953C628_manila in windows folder.
rev 11.11.2010: Thanks a lot to moonNah for the new code. Now typoclock is displayed in your own languaje!!! try typoclock_r3.cab

rev 23.11.2010: I have referenced the font of typoclock_r4 to typoclock.ttf in windows folder, so any new font you want to use just change the name to typoclock.ttf and copy and paste in windows directory, accept overwritte, and softresset (some times is enough restart sense only) Then typoclock will use this new font without any interference with the rest of sense/WM. Maybe you will need repositioning the items afetr the change of the font, you can do it following post#2. I have included in the _r4 cab the font displayed in the screenshot, so by default is HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf. I am not used to work with differents fonts, and sometimes behaviour is erratic, but this is working for me and i hope it also works for you I will upload some other fonts in post#2 and you can find many in this thread (thanks to Major_Sarcasm for this) and also in Google search

this screenshot is Jott.zip, copy the file typoclock.ttf from inside Jott.zip to windows folder and softresset. Be sure to install _r4 previously.

Try also Typoclock 3D made by MoonNah in post#105

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainmaster View Post

If you use the Droid Sans Font - as I do - then here is the modified Typoclock r3 Version that works with Droid Sans Font.

I have also attached the Font if you like it.

link for downloads

Sorry, i should have adverted in big letters: UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALL THE NEW ONE!!!

ATTENTION !!! If you want to have more than 10 widgets installed you need to have this file 7c60907d_manila copied in your \widnows directory, as explained in here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3353
Attached Files
File Type: zip HelveticaNeueOTS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (70.6 KB, 1782 views)
File Type: cab typoclock_r2_AMPMcolon.cab - [Click for QR Code] (9.1 KB, 941 views)
File Type: zip typoclockBG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (446 Bytes, 1210 views)
File Type: cab CHTAddon_typoclock_r3.cab - [Click for QR Code] (8.6 KB, 1815 views)
File Type: cab CHTAddon_typoclock_r4.cab - [Click for QR Code] (80.9 KB, 953 views)
File Type: cab CHTAddon_typoclock_r5.cab - [Click for QR Code] (82.7 KB, 766 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poyensa
Old
(Last edited by poyensa; 10th February 2011 at 06:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,538
1 - small trick: put your device in DevMode

If you wish to modify any widget is very hard to get the files, compile, put into the cab, install, see that is not enough changes so you have to uninstall and start again.

Co0kie has a DevMode for easy test the widgets:
0) EDIT sorry forgot the very begining: conect the device to your PC via USB and synchronize
1) uninstall the widget you want to modify
2) run the file z_init.bat
3) put the device in DevMode. Go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTI.AddonWidgets.DevMode and change to DWORD =1 (create if does not exit)
4) do the changes in the widget files in workspace folders, remember to save after finish.
5) run the file _Deploy_to_device_in_dev_mode.bat. It will pass the files to the device and will restart sense. If the widget is not displayed you will have to activate it in the CHTMenu>edit mode>add new element
6) repeat 4 & 5 as much as necessary
7) once you finish run file _generate_files_for_cab.bat and will get the compiled files in folder /cab/_final_files ready for the cab.
8) Do not forget to dissable DevMode once you finish and before install any new widget (HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTI.AddonWidgets.DevMod e DWORD =0)

My advice is to create a baseline, an initial working workspace. Once you do a change and it works, go for the next (step by step). Always have a backup. And enjoy!

We will help as much as we can, but please understand this is developers mode It may crash your sense so be ready to hard resset if something is wrong. CHTS can help

2.- HOW TO MOVE THE DATE, WEEK, MONTH, ETC TO ADDAPT THE WIDGET TO YOUR OWN FONT

WITH TYPOCLOCK_R5 NO NEED TO EDIT THE FILES WITH M9EDITOR, JUST USE THE REGISTRY

When you use diferents fonts the typoclock may suffer problems of alignment, but this can be solved easily as all the elements of the widget (date, colon, month, etc) can be moved by editing the mode9 file. You can find some examples of how to edit mode9 files in this 2 threads:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=688002
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=691638

But the mode9 files of any CHT2.0 widget has no fix name, it takes the proper name in the process of installation, which depends of the slot asigned. So this edition has to be done before install the widget. Do we need to download the widget kitchen linked in #1 but we will only work on the file CHTmode9_manila located in the folder CHT2.0_typoclock_kitchen.zip\cab\_files_final

1) So extract the kitchen in a proper directory then open m9editor (is in the kitchen \CHT2.0_typoclock_kitchen.zip\Tools\M9Editor\m9edi tor.exe) and select as working directory the folder \_files_final then open the file CHTmode9_manila

2) We have to find the <objects> Type= "GLESText" for the edition, then modify the property position value X= ___ Y= ___ (X horizontal - Y vertical; never touch Z) of the element (poy2weekday, typoclock_colon, etc) we want to modify the position in pixels. Change the values in the yellow boxes the click OK button. Once the positions are modified save mode9 file, accept overwrite.

3) Now we have to put this modified file into the widget cab, I use WinCE cab>cabinet>files>add then select the file CHTmode9_manila from folder \cab\_files_final, accept replace (I really do drag and drop), and finally file>save

4) Nothing else, just put the cab into your device and install the widget. You have to uninstall previous versions before install the new cab. Please post some screenshots here to see your modified typocloks

I am uploading some fonts that i have used for typoclock_r4. Inside every cab there is a file typoclock.ttf. Copy & paste in windows directory, accept overwrite & soft-resset.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jott.zip - [Click for QR Code] (20.6 KB, 153 views)
File Type: zip HelveticaNeueOTS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (70.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: zip ArialicHollow.zip - [Click for QR Code] (96.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: zip aka.zip - [Click for QR Code] (251.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: zip cour.zip - [Click for QR Code] (106.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: zip stonehenge.zip - [Click for QR Code] (17.3 KB, 113 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kameirus
Old
Thanks Meter 2,164

DONATE TO ME
cool thanks
think im gonna have to give this a try
Current Phones
AT&T LG G2///06/28/2014[LG G2 D800● KK 4.4.4][SOKP》》SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT][AIO][Weekly Builds]
AT&T Pantech Flex///

Tablet
Nexus 7 (2012) 32gb///06/26/2014[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Beta - Grouper

Retired Phones for modding or get rid of
2 HTC HD2s
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active/sold

Kameirus
Old
(Last edited by Kameirus; 2nd November 2010 at 08:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,164

DONATE TO ME
after i restarted my phone it looks like this now
any ideas what i did wrong lol

Current Phones
AT&T LG G2///06/28/2014[LG G2 D800● KK 4.4.4][SOKP》》SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT][AIO][Weekly Builds]
AT&T Pantech Flex///

Tablet
Nexus 7 (2012) 32gb///06/26/2014[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Beta - Grouper

2 HTC HD2s

mike2nl
Old
(Last edited by mike2nl; 2nd November 2010 at 10:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 535
Jesus poyensa,

we can't stop you. This is also dream stuff. There was someone who was searching for this. I will look in my posts and will link it to here. Thank you for this and my respect and you have done it

Edit 1:
i have found it back here...

Edit 2:
and here is the link to iiiiiiiphone lockscreen
Sensation XE: 光盤 6, PYDX & AIO latest
SGT 7 3G: CM 11, 4.4.2 storm31
HD2: 光盤 3.7, marc 0.2.3
Teams: CHTBeta, CHTArt, CD
Apps: 3D Photo Browser Mods
Android Test Links: USB Echo

kjhadfield
Old
Thanks Meter 4
nice widget/addon

i been using typoclock on my droid tablet and this is a great idea.
TB [QVGA] Download HERE

ONYX twisted LIME [Theme] (TF2D, S2U2, G-Alarm) SS & Download HERE

poyensa
Old
Thanks Meter 2,538
Thanks kamerius for the feed back, i have to check the fonts used, have you modified yours previously? I will have a look to this thread and play a lil ... Also I will add a cero when the hour is one digit for better fitting.

Oh, I forgot the incompatibility with windroid as we used the same poy2 digital clock for that theme ... have you installed previously windroid digital clock? I apologize for the inconveniences. Will be also fixed.

Thanks a lot mike & kjhadfield for your nice words
The Following User Says Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kameirus
Old
Thanks Meter 2,164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poyensa View Post
Thanks kamerius for the feed back, i have to check the fonts used, have you modified yours previously? I will have a look to this thread and play a lil ... Also I will add a cero when the hour is one digit for better fitting.

Oh, I forgot the incompatibility with windroid as we used the same poy2 digital clock for that theme ... have you installed previously windroid digital clock? I apologize for the inconveniences. Will be also fixed.

Thanks a lot mike & kjhadfield for your nice words
i havent changed font or installed windroid
take your time
Current Phones
AT&T Pantech Flex///

Tablet

2 HTC HD2s

jsmccabe78
Old
Thanks Meter 378

DONATE TO ME
looks absolutely fantastic. love it for my lockscreen. great job!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture003.jpg
Views:	30681
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	432447  

Want to buy me a cup of coffee? Buy a theme!

Follow me on Twitter

Tags
cht, poyensa, sense, typoclock, widgets