What’s the Ideal Phone Screen Size and Why?

There’s no denying that smartphones have gotten bigger and bigger over the last few … more

European HTC One M8 Lollipop Update Rollout Begins

A fortnight ago, Android 5.0 Lollipop began rolling out to unlocked and developer editions … more

Streamline Wedding Planning with Google Weddings

Wedding planning is an extremelystrenuou tasks for most people – the flowers, the … more

Reasons, Limits and Improvements of Display Growth

The world of smartphones has seen an increase in specification numbers, year after year. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HSPA+ better than G2

OP Lockeskidney

2nd November 2010, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
Lockeskidney's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 37
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
im interested in any improvement over the G2's weird H+ issues

This is now the 2nd HSPA phone so im expecting an improvement over the first device. Everything i saw from the G2 was that it was pulling barely noticable numbers over a normal 7.2 phone
3rd November 2010, 01:06 AM   |  #2  
gaarry's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 5
 
235 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockeskidney

im interested in any improvement over the G2's weird H+ issues

This is now the 2nd HSPA phone so im expecting an improvement over the first device. Everything i saw from the G2 was that it was pulling barely noticable numbers over a normal 7.2 phone

Well we'll see tomorrow huh?
3rd November 2010, 02:32 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 52
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2004
The myTouch 4G and G2 are pulling similar download and upload speeds for me in an HSPA+ coverage area (I have both review units in house).
3rd November 2010, 02:43 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
For me It seems I'm getting better signal/speeds with the Mytouch 4g than I did with the g2. Overall I'm much happier with the performance of the 4g over the g2. That hinge was an issue for me. All we need now is a perm. root.
3rd November 2010, 05:59 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I'm supposed to be in a HSPA+ area, but I'm only getting between 100-200KB in the T-Mobile store, and at home I'm getting between 50-100KB. These are download speeds.
3rd November 2010, 06:52 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
234 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys_90

I'm supposed to be in a HSPA+ area, but I'm only getting between 100-200KB in the T-Mobile store, and at home I'm getting between 50-100KB. These are download speeds.

you are talking about KBytes per second. not kbps (bits) right. 100-200KB/sec is what i was getting in chicago before they officially change the speeds to 5mbps+ speeds. now i get 4.7-5.8mbps =650-750KB/sec. very pleased with the speeds. way faster than my old dsl.
Last edited by sg1dan; 3rd November 2010 at 06:57 PM.
3rd November 2010, 07:53 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
215 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1dan

you are talking about KBytes per second. not kbps (bits) right. 100-200KB/sec is what i was getting in chicago before they officially change the speeds to 5mbps+ speeds. now i get 4.7-5.8mbps =650-750KB/sec. very pleased with the speeds. way faster than my old dsl.

Yes, that is correct. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas, it's supposed to be active here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes