Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HSPA+ better than G2

Tip us?

Lockeskidney
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default HSPA+ better than G2

im interested in any improvement over the G2's weird H+ issues

This is now the 2nd HSPA phone so im expecting an improvement over the first device. Everything i saw from the G2 was that it was pulling barely noticable numbers over a normal 7.2 phone

gaarry
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockeskidney View Post
im interested in any improvement over the G2's weird H+ issues

This is now the 2nd HSPA phone so im expecting an improvement over the first device. Everything i saw from the G2 was that it was pulling barely noticable numbers over a normal 7.2 phone
Well we'll see tomorrow huh?
Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999 Lifeproofed by Ballistic SG MAXX

pdagal
Old
Thanks Meter 50
The myTouch 4G and G2 are pulling similar download and upload speeds for me in an HSPA+ coverage area (I have both review units in house).
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

pgonzz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For me It seems I'm getting better signal/speeds with the Mytouch 4g than I did with the g2. Overall I'm much happier with the performance of the 4g over the g2. That hinge was an issue for me. All we need now is a perm. root.

Emrys_90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm supposed to be in a HSPA+ area, but I'm only getting between 100-200KB in the T-Mobile store, and at home I'm getting between 50-100KB. These are download speeds.

sg1dan
Old
(Last edited by sg1dan; 3rd November 2010 at 05:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys_90 View Post
I'm supposed to be in a HSPA+ area, but I'm only getting between 100-200KB in the T-Mobile store, and at home I'm getting between 50-100KB. These are download speeds.
you are talking about KBytes per second. not kbps (bits) right. 100-200KB/sec is what i was getting in chicago before they officially change the speeds to 5mbps+ speeds. now i get 4.7-5.8mbps =650-750KB/sec. very pleased with the speeds. way faster than my old dsl.

Emrys_90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1dan View Post
you are talking about KBytes per second. not kbps (bits) right. 100-200KB/sec is what i was getting in chicago before they officially change the speeds to 5mbps+ speeds. now i get 4.7-5.8mbps =650-750KB/sec. very pleased with the speeds. way faster than my old dsl.
Yes, that is correct. I'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas, it's supposed to be active here.