Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Team Galaxy Sense Fascinate

Tip us?

le0.br4zuc4
Old
(Last edited by le0.br4zuc4; 3rd November 2010 at 08:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 98

DONATE TO ME
I'm here to be a beta tester as well
Le0_Br4zUc4 in IRC

Alexgsp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sign me up for testing. Also pretty new to these sort of things, but if i can help, let me know.

sonofskywalker3
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
wow, banned from irc. doesn't exactly inspire confidence... and you're soliciting donations before you have anything other than an idea? As stated before, this has been tried many times, and almost never successfully. Zeusdroid evaporated without so much as a goodbye for example. And the ultimate question: If you people want sense UI so bad, why didn't you buy an HTC device? I guess I just don't get it.

Bowsa2511
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofskywalker3 View Post
wow, banned from irc. doesn't exactly inspire confidence... and you're soliciting donations before you have anything other than an idea? As stated before, this has been tried many times, and almost never successfully. Zeusdroid evaporated without so much as a goodbye for example. And the ultimate question: If you people want sense UI so bad, why didn't you buy an HTC device? I guess I just don't get it.
Galaxy S Hardware > Every other phone right now
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
[ROM] Diet ICS

sonofskywalker3
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
very true, so why would you want to cripple it with a bloated proprietary interface. Launcher Pro does everything sense does, and more, and it looks way better imho. much more customization in any case. I dont know why anybody wants touchwiz, blur or sense at all. I'm 26 years old, and an IT professional. I don't want a Fisher-Price phone. Enough with the bright colors and flashy animations.

Whosdaman
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1425

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofskywalker3 View Post
We aren't soliciting donations. We are doing this for free, and if you appreciate our project and what we are doing you can donate. If you don't like the idea...don't post in the thread please. We are doing this because alot of people want it, including ourselves. If you don't that's fine. I respect that. We aren't competing with anyone. We just want our devices to live up to our expectations. That's all.

cckeeler
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I bought my fascinate for it's hardware, not it's UI. I have always been a fan of sense UI. I hope this is possible. If you need more testers count me in. thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

tallnerd1985
Old
Thanks Meter 45
No offense, i dont think you guys have what it takes to port Sense over to the Galaxy S phones. The rom and kernel part can be done by any rom zippers out there but you guys need to enlist in a dev who knows how to do RIL work. Thats the issue that most teams have had with porting Sense over to any phone. Before anybody donates to this project, make sure this team has a RIL dev onboard or this project is going nowhere like the rest.

iPhone vs Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget Commenter
"Regardless if you think you phone is better than someone else's phone, it still wont get you laid!"

Whosdaman
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1425

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnerd1985 View Post
No offense, i dont think you guys have what it takes to port Sense over to the Galaxy S phones. The rom and kernel part can be done by any rom zippers out there but you guys need to enlist in a dev who knows how to do RIL work. Thats the issue that most teams have had with porting Sense over to any phone. Before anybody donates to this project, make sure this team has a RIL dev onboard or this project is going nowhere like the rest.

Have you not seen the guys we already have on the other devices? We are still actively recruiting devs right now. It will take some time. Froyo needs to come out first anyways.

tallnerd1985
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I appreciate your work on the xv6900 back in the day but without a dedicated RIL programmer, your project will never finish. Trust me, same issues that i had on my Droid when porting Sense are the same on the Fascinate, the RIL needed to modified to switch the data and voice i/o. You guys will have no problem on the GSM varients but the Epic and Fascinate is going to be a lot work thou.

iPhone vs Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget Commenter
"Regardless if you think you phone is better than someone else's phone, it still wont get you laid!"

Tags
fascinate, htc sense, samsung galaxy s, wdm, whosdaman
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe