- Tapping the screen will drop a random powerup after a 5 second countdown (can be disabled in options)
- Powerups are: Medikit, Armor, Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, BFG 9000
- Dragging and dropping one of your homescreen icons will spawn a random demon for the doomguy to fight (can be disabled in options)
- Enemies spawn in pre-programmed waves starting off with a small number of easy enemies and building up to large numbers of tougher demons
- Waves can be completely randomized in the options
- Maximum monsters in the random waves is adjustable from 1-25 (setting to 1 means always single monster in each wave, setting to 25 means random number of monsters between 1 and 25 will spawn)
- Adjustable animation speed and sprite size
- Statistics screen in the settings that shows number of kills, number of deaths and number of powerups collected by the doomguy
- 4 different image backgrounds will cycle. Options allow to choose your favourite and not show the others, or disable backgrounds completely which can improve performance and reduce battery drain.
- Create a sequence of custom backgrounds from images in your gallery.
- Currently features the following characters
- Game mode allows you to "play" the wallpaper full screen with visible health and armor and high scores.
The response has been very positive so far, it was even mentioned on the xda-developers blog, pocketnow.com and engadget.
It's free, but does contain an admob ad in the settings (same as mario live wallpaper). - This is why it requires internet permission.
Scan the barcode to go to the market page for the app. And please let me know what you think. Especially if you have any cool ideas for features, or bugs you've found.