I was inspired by the Mario live wallpaper on these forums to make something similar using the Doom sprites. I released it as a beta last week and have been constantly updating it as often as I can.
- Tapping the screen will drop a random powerup after a 5 second countdown (can be disabled in options)
- Powerups are: Medikit, Armor, Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, BFG 9000
- Dragging and dropping one of your homescreen icons will spawn a random demon for the doomguy to fight (can be disabled in options)
- Enemies spawn in pre-programmed waves starting off with a small number of easy enemies and building up to large numbers of tougher demons
- Waves can be completely randomized in the options
- Maximum monsters in the random waves is adjustable from 1-25 (setting to 1 means always single monster in each wave, setting to 25 means random number of monsters between 1 and 25 will spawn)
- Adjustable animation speed and sprite size
- Statistics screen in the settings that shows number of kills, number of deaths and number of powerups collected by the doomguy
- 4 different image backgrounds will cycle. Options allow to choose your favourite and not show the others, or disable backgrounds completely which can improve performance and reduce battery drain.
- Create a sequence of custom backgrounds from images in your gallery.
- Currently features the following characters
- Game mode allows you to "play" the wallpaper full screen with visible health and armor and high scores.
Perhaps deaths/max kills per life/current kills counter would be fun
Yeah I've been thinking about adding a sort of game mode where you have more control over his movements and you can see his health + ammo. But I don't have much time to spend developing it at the moment.
I'm currently working on improving the AI so the monsters can fight each other like they do in the original Doom.
What do you do when the Galaxy Note line is simply not big enough? You get theSamsung Galaxy Mega. … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?