XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Confused on Facebook

Tip us?

hah2110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Confused on Facebook

The facebook app that comes with the phone isn't really an app, it is just friendstream, no? When I signed it, it downloaded ALL of my contacts instead of just those with a matching entry in my phone which I can do with the Facebook app. How do I change that?

agentaaron
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hah2110 View Post
The facebook app that comes with the phone isn't really an app, it is just friendstream, no? When I signed it, it downloaded ALL of my contacts instead of just those with a matching entry in my phone which I can do with the Facebook app. How do I change that?
can you not find the official facebook app in the market? I personally use Bloo as my FB Client and just sync my FB contacts through Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add new > Facebook

hah2110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
I can but want to understand what the integrated solution does

Acid_Wir3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Go to the Sync option remove your facebook there and then add it again it will ask for the option if you want to sync matching contacts or all of them.

hah2110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Wir3 View Post
Go to the Sync option remove your facebook there and then add it again it will ask for the option if you want to sync matching contacts or all of them.
Add Facebook or Facebook for myTouch? Regular Facebook doesn't do anything when pressed. Facebook for myTouch doesn't give me the option.

Thx

Acid_Wir3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Use facebook for mytouch, after doing that wait for some time and it will notify you that you havd contactd simmilar to your fb account and if you wanna sync them

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
HTC Dream/G1 with CM->
HTC Leo/HD2 stock?->
Samsung Vibrant bionix->
Htc Glacier/Mytouch 4g stock ->
Htc Vision/G2 Virtous

CyberStorm98
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Go to your contact list, click menu and view. It will let you decide which acccounts you want it to show in your contact list.

kitsunisan
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Facebook for Mytouch never syncs contacts for me, it gives me the "sync is having problems now" message. Anyone experience this?

Gr8gorilla
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Mine worked fine but there is an option under the contacts settings to make only contacts with phone numbers show. That is really nice.

esincho
Old
Thanks Meter 213
I disabled this cause even when I select use google pic, some how a few contacts would still revert to facebook over time. Too frustrating for me.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Skyrocket
HTC My Touch 4G
HTC Nexus One
HTC HD2
HTC Touch Pro 2
Palm Treo 680 (2 of em)