No registration required

[Q] Why using a Cooked version?

OP SweetthD3ViL

3rd November 2010, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
Hi all,

I am a new owner of a HTC desire obviously, and god I love it.

I had an HTC S710 before and I used cooked version especially to upgrade from *bouh* windows 6.0 to 6.5, so the idea was to have an update.

So now that I have an HTC desire (UK O2 network, on Froyo) I am struggling to come with a reason to root the phone to use a cooked version.

The point being is that I like the "Sense UI", the only annoying bit is for me the fact you have to swap done your finger to unlock the phone then; if in use, have to unlock using the code or pattern screen. I would prefer having only the pattern screen.

So any light? Why should I root the phone and use a cooked version apart for the obvious reason, the love of messing up with IT...

Cheers for your time,

Sweethdevil,
3rd November 2010, 11:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
For me, I didn't really have a reason to do so.. I just had that inner feeling of "do it!" For right now, there aren't so many ROMs available to the CDMA desire, if you have it, but there are tons of great ROMs for GSM. Most roms come with the ability to overclock your cpu which can help quite a bit some times, and of course other features are available. (Phone to a mobile hot-spot, themes, enhancements, etc.) Maybe you should take a look at what is offered on some of the ROMs and see if it would be worth it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread