Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Video player question ..

4th November 2010, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

237 posts
I recently decided to part ways with my vibrant and go the mytouch route .. one thing I loved about the vibrant was on the video player, it gave you the option to lock the controls so touching the screen nothing came up .. as well as continuing to play each video etc .. is there a similar type of player for the touch? I am more interested in something that will allow me to lock the screen (my daughter watches videos).

Thanks!
4th November 2010, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 16

666 posts
More
You know... its funny, out of all the modifications Samsung made, this was my favorite, however it is a shame it is only in the Video player and not YouTube.... anyways I will check for you now.

EDIT: sorry, but no... it actually glitched up the lockscreen, I pressed the lock key and then I pressed it again... lol the lockscreen was upside-down! Lol, anyways I bet a third party app or player could probably do that

Sent from my HTC Glacier
4th November 2010, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

237 posts
Thanks for checking into this, did you try the video player from vibrant? I wonder if once we get root can we use that player? (by sticking it in the app drawer?)
4th November 2010, 05:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Georgetown, KY
Thanks Meter: 652

971 posts
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Not to ruffle any feathers but you should have posted this in the Themes and Apps sub-forum instead of development. It would probably get more attention and yield you better results there.

Mod please move thread.
4th November 2010, 05:55 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Mod / Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,425

5,648 posts
Donate to Me
More
Remember guys, questions go in the general section.
4th November 2010, 06:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Georgetown, KY
Thanks Meter: 652

971 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman

Remember guys, questions go in the general section.

Oops, sorry for the erroneous info. I would have screwed up and posted in the wrong thread also. lol
4th November 2010, 08:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 16

666 posts
More
We already have root, just not a permanent root, so we cannot apply customization to the ROM

Sent from my HTC Glacier
5th November 2010, 01:54 AM   |  #8  
Flag Minneapolis MN
Thanks Meter: 45

1,434 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohmer

Thanks for checking into this, did you try the video player from vibrant? I wonder if once we get root can we use that player? (by sticking it in the app drawer?)

Anything from TW will need extra libs and TW framework. You can try it of course but there's .001% chance that it will work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread