Originally Posted by S4chin
I like the sound of Hardcore's speed mod kernal. Are there any detailed instructions on where this can be found and how best to install this and back-up / reinstall my contacts etc?
I have a fear of ruining my phone, so want to minimise any risk of that!
You can view hardcore's thread in the android development section. The file is also there.
How to set it up? The instructions are there but let me give you a summary assuming you are in stock froyo already:
1. Extract the zip file and you should get a .tar file with same filename.
2. Launch Odin and select the .tar as PDA. Don't put anything in PIT and make sure Repartion is NOT ticked.
4. Go to download mode from your phone by powering it off and wait for approx 5 secs or after the phone vibrates then press and hold volume down + home key + power key.
5. Plug the usb to the pc and you should see Odin display your com port.
6. Start flashing and you're now using speedmod
For backups, you can download and use titanium back up found in the market but if you do the flashing correctly, you won't lose any data.
Btw, you can also root your phone after you install speedmod. Just go to recovery mode and select superuser.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App