[ROM-AOSP GRH78C] Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread, clean, fast and 100% open-sourced!!)
(I'm tempted to put a sarcastic answer here lol?) Oxygen ROM is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.
As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.
- Amon-RA/ClockworkMod recovery to flash the ROM.
- Android v2.3.2 built from AOSP
- Linux kernel v2.6.37
- Latest Google Apps
- Zeam Launcher
Some of the additional features are listed below.
- Ability to add/remove silent mode
- Ability to download any file type
- Ability to kill apps by long press back
- Customizable power widget
- FM Radio
- Legacy A2SD with support for EXT2/3/4
- Reboot menu
- Skip tracks with long press volume up/down
- Status bar power widget (not available in Gingerbread release yet)
- Support for connecting to Adhoc wifi networks
- Menu wake and unlock
- Trackball wake (not available in Gingerbread release yet)
- Improved widget picker
- Various other tweaks and features
Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread RC)
RC7 (RC6 was supposed to be) is the final RC I will be doing until Google release the Gingerbread OTA for the NexusOne, however you can download my latest test build from here, this includes all the latest fixes and features that I have added/changed/updated since RC6. The test zip is constantly being updated on a daily basis and the link will remain the same, so if you like updating be sure to refresh it. You can use the following apk here to install the test build more easily.
- Perform a wipe of /data and /cache if coming from any other ROM
- Download and install the ROM via recovery as you would any other ROM
Reasons for waiting for the OTA? Well I would rather not hack up the framework just to get video recording working, if we pull the libraries properly and the way it is supposed to be done then no hacks are needed to support video recording, I know this won't be to everybodies liking and I appologise for that but I want to try and keep Oxygen as clean as possible. The OTA proprietary files would also fix a couple of other issues.
Oxygen v1.0.4 (FroYo STABLE)
Thanks to idlesoft.net (ChaosR) for hosting android.adamg.co.uk.
Thanks to killkennys/schiznik for hosting mirrors and providing build boxs.
Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to a charity I support.
You can donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' project that I support via Cancer Research UK here
or by clicking the link in my signature.
You can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to.
No wipe is explicitly required when upgrading to another version of this ROM, however if you are moving from another ROM or if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
- defer/Kali- (Kernel work)
- st0kes (Getting me interested in building AOSP roms)
- Cyanogen (Learned many things from the open-source code he has made available)
- Everybody else who has contributed and donated