8th April 2011, 06:50 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 5

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevele

Just released version 1.3

Check the first post for more info...

Z.

Thank you for this program. I downloaded it but have not installed it yet. I have a SPrint Touch Pro 2.

How about doing something for controlling the vibrate functions of the phone. Like a program that will allow the user to set up how the phone should vibrate for incoming phone calls, emails, sms messages, Calendar Reminders, Missed calls and Voice mails. The way my phone works now is very frustrating. It vibrates non-stop when a call comes in. By being able to program the vibrate to be a different pattern for each type of notification it is easy to be able to tell what type of notification the phone is vibrating for.

Is that something you might possibly be able to add to this application? I had a program that incorporated what you do with the leds and vibrate for the Palm Treo. It was called Treo Alert. It's an excellent program.

There are a couple of programs out there that only do the vibrate controls but they are incomplete - they do not offer all the notifications type (one only offers for incoming phone calls, the other only for emails and sms).

Thank you.
8th April 2011, 07:13 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 142

1,588 posts
More
Thumbs up Giving it a good test run over weekend...
Quote:

Just released version 1.3

Check the first post for more info...

Z.

Great news.
Going to give it a proper test over the weekend.

Did you manage to improve the fact that Blinker sometimes stops working?
Do I still have to set untended mode?

Thanks buddy for the mention in the first post, well appreciated but all credit goes to brilliant developers who are willing to share their little gems....

8th April 2011, 08:31 PM   |  #104  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 84

274 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidler

...How about doing something for controlling the vibrate functions of the phone. Like a program that will allow the user to set up how the phone should vibrate for incoming phone calls, emails, sms messages, Calendar Reminders, Missed calls and Voice mails...

I can easily add vibration to the application (I know how to do it on the HD2 - not sure how it will work on other devices...). This means vibration for notifications (SMS, EMail missed calls etc.) but not for incoming calls. Theoretically I could recognize when the phone rings and react to that, but I cannot override the original behavior - that is, I don't know what will happen when the phone is set to vibrate...

btw, I really like the idea of including vibration to the sequences...

Thanks,

Z.
Last edited by zevele; 8th April 2011 at 08:33 PM.
8th April 2011, 08:32 PM   |  #105  
OP Recognized Developer

274 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

...Did you manage to improve the fact that Blinker sometimes stops working?

Sorry, no news about the unattended mode...

Quote:

...Thanks buddy for the mention in the first post, well appreciated but all credit goes to brilliant developers who are willing to share their little gems....

My pleasure...

Z.
8th April 2011, 08:51 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 5

199 posts
Quote:

I can easily add vibration to the application (I know how to do it on the HD2 - not sure how it will work on other devices...). This means vibration for notifications (SMS, EMail missed calls etc.) but not for incoming calls. Theoretically I could recognize when the phone rings and react to that, but I cannot override the original behavior - that is, I don't know what will happen when the phone is set to vibrate...

btw, I really like the idea of including vibration to the sequences...

Thanks,

Z.

Thanks. I had the feeling that it should be something you could add. I think the hard part is the polling for each new notification event and then having it run the vibrate pattern for the event. Well you're already doing the polling and making the LED blink. It should be easy to also have it vibrate a set up pattern.

How does your program work? Is it a mortscript type program? A netv35?
A place to start would be to look at the TREO Alert program. I could help some.

You might want to also look at the VIBRO 1.5 program and the VALERT programs to see how they allow the user to set up the vibration patterns.
You would want to allow six different patterns for the user to set up.

Phone call ...
Calendar Reminders ...
Missed calls ....
Voice Mails ....
New emails ...
New SMSs ...

Usually it would be a number representing how long it should vibrate and then a number of how long to remain still. Ex: 100,200,300,400 would vibrate 100 ms, then wait 200 ms, then vibrate 300 ms and then wait 400 ms. etc.

Then you might add an option to repeat the pattern x times.

As far as for incoming calls - the other programs automatically turn off the phone's settings for vibrate so that they won't both be trying to vibrate for each notification.

Thanks so much. Good luck. I hope you can do it.
Eli
8th April 2011, 09:22 PM   |  #107  
OP Recognized Developer

274 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidler

How does your program work? Is it a mortscript type program? A netv35?

It's .Net CF 3.5
Quote:

A place to start would be to look at the TREO Alert program...

Thanks for the references I'll check them...
Quote:

You would want to allow six different patterns...

Blinker already does that except for the Phone call and Calendar reminders (check the first post)

Quote:

Usually it would be a number representing how long...

That's exactly what Blinker does (check the second post).

Quote:

As far as for incoming calls - the other programs automatically turn off the phone's settings for vibrate so that they won't both be trying to vibrate for each notification.

Yes, that what I thought of doing...

Quote:

Thanks so much. Good luck. I hope you can do it.

Thanks for your suggestion, I could implement them, but it might take some time, as I do it on my free time...

Z.
8th April 2011, 09:49 PM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 142

1,588 posts
More
hmmm.
shame, it still stops working as soon as my device goes into sleep mode.
I am running s2u2, could that be the source of my problems with blinker?
9th April 2011, 11:25 AM   |  #109  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 6

210 posts
Great program. However it drains my battery. I know this can be expected of a program like this running in background (as a service), but I hope it can be solved...
9th April 2011, 11:33 AM   |  #110  
OP Recognized Developer

274 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeitjeG

Great program. However it drains my battery. I know this can be expected of a program like this running in background (as a service), but I hope it can be solved...

That's odd, I didn't notice any effects on the battery life on my device... what device are you on? Did you change the default settings? Try checking the "Use WM notifications" this maybe improve somewhat the power consumption (not sure though...)

Z.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blink, charging, led, power, signal
Previous Thread Next Thread