Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,289 Members 46,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Scanning, connecting to sprint, disconnected..... wtf!!

Tip us?

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Scanning, connecting to sprint, disconnected..... wtf!!

So it seems my phone is not connecting to 4g.... I have fresh 3.4 and stock kernel.. I did a complete dalvik clear and wipe and installed 3.4 and then the radio that's listed.. I get that same message when trying to connect to 4g as my subject says... it says connecting to sprint for about 3 sec. Then right away disconnecting... my dad's phone with the same rom is connecting just fine... anyone have ideas? Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

fachadick
Old
Thanks Meter 662

DONATE TO ME
Uninstall switchpro, or if you want to keep it, use only that to turn 4g on. Once you turn it on with switchpro, you can turn it off and back on through settings again.

If you don't have switchpro installed, ignore the above.

Sent from my blah blah blah blah
Always wanted a DropBox account? Sign up here.
"Surrealism is the best kind of ism" - Potato Cumberbund.
"What if we die and it turns out God is a big chicken?? What then?!" - Calvin.

dkdude36
Old
(Last edited by dkdude36; 6th November 2010 at 01:40 AM.) Reason: wrote recovery instead of backup
Thanks Meter 717

DONATE TO ME
dude, if fachadick's suggestion doesnt work, you are screwed. if you have a backup made with AMON RA RECOVERY (clockwork recovery wont do ****) that you made before flashing the radio, wipe and restore. flashing radios has been known to totally erase or mess with your rsa private keys. without these, there is no possible way to connenct to 4g. this is like your password to your bank account, and you just forgot it. either tough it out and help the other rsa-losers test, or return your evo. only two options. there have been no solutions found besides restoring a working backup (it only successfully backsup the wimax about half the time) from AMON RA RECOVERY ONLY and hope for the best. that sucks

dk

OFWGKTA
Yes, i am in 9th grade. No, that does not mean you are better than me.
if you feel the need to give me some lunch money, please donate!
or just give me a thanks or two so i can look better than others...
i'm a bitch (lost that ics release date bet thing)
Email and Gtalk: dkdude36@gmail.com

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Dude don't even tell me that.. first off this is the first time I'm hearing about this... why wouldn't there be a major warning about this? And I'm not talking about some.message everyone says with their Roms... I'm talking about a message everywhere that says there's a chance you will lose 4g forever installing Roms or radios, I mean who in their right.mind would evvveeeerrrrr take a chance.like that? I mean would you? The whole point of this phone is the 4g....

BTW I do have switch pro, and tried to toggle the 4g and still no luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdude36 View Post
dude, if fachadick's suggestion doesnt work, you are screwed. if you have a backup made with AMON RA RECOVERY (clockwork recovery wont do ****) that you made before flashing the radio, wipe and restore. flashing radios has been known to totally erase or mess with your rsa private keys. without these, there is no possible way to connenct to 4g. this is like your password to your bank account, and you just forgot it. either tough it out and help the other rsa-losers test, or return your evo. only two options. there have been no solutions found besides restoring a working backup (it only successfully backsup the wimax about half the time) from AMON RA RECOVERY ONLY and hope for the best. that sucks

dk

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Its official... I unistalled the pro widget and saamme thing.. I cannot express how angry I am right now.. this is pissing.me off so bad.. and againn I ask, who in their right.mind would ever mess with Rome and radios if it PERMANENTLY breaks a phone?

I really need someone to help me figure out my options .. should I smash it on the ground and get a refurbished? Should I revert back to stock and try and return it? Very confused right now

fachadick
Old
Thanks Meter 662

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
Its official... I unistalled the pro widget and saamme thing.. I cannot express how angry I am right now.. this is pissing.me off so bad.. and againn I ask, who in their right.mind would ever mess with Rome and radios if it PERMANENTLY breaks a phone?

I really need someone to help me figure out my options .. should I smash it on the ground and get a refurbished? Should I revert back to stock and try and return it? Very confused right now
It's only updating the radio that has a chance of breaking wimax, not roms, so did you update your radio?

I'm on the phone now, or I'd point you to the link, but do a search for rsa keys. What you're looking for are some commands to plug into adb or terminal emulator to determine weather your keys are still there. It's something like

grep RSA /dev/mtd/mtd0

but I know I'm missing a part of it. If it says begin rsa private key and end rsa private key at the end of the data it spits out at you, you're still good. If not, hopefully you have an amonra backup stashed away somewhere.

Also, did you reboot after uninstalling switchpro?

Sent from my blah blah blah blah
Always wanted a DropBox account? Sign up here.
"Surrealism is the best kind of ism" - Potato Cumberbund.
"What if we die and it turns out God is a big chicken?? What then?!" - Calvin.

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Yes I updated the radio... don't you all do that too? If you look at freshs rom there is a radio thatsbsupposed to go with it...

david279
Old
Thanks Meter 1555

DONATE TO ME
Wimax radios can break your wimax. Not the other ones. Its somethin that randomly happens. I dont mess with them.

8pen from my supersonic on the xda app.

------------------------

My G+ Profile

BB PIN: 79807B1C

barnacles10
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1336

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
Yes I updated the radio... don't you all do that too? If you look at freshs rom there is a radio thatsbsupposed to go with it...

Search xda for vender tree.xml in the evo forums. Sometimes this has issues. I had the same problem and needed to delete the tree.XML. doing this refreshes a new one on reboot. Search foe it cause I'm on my phone. If you didn't use unrevoked way back when its not necessarily broken. Idk why all these people are telling you that without doing further investigations

I have updated every single wimax radio with no issues. These radios flash with ruu s when you're not rooted so in theory there should be no problems.
Github
mdpi t(o.0t) [ Galaxy S4 | Google Nexus LTE | Nexus 7 ]

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
ok I tried getting the terminal emulator, and I put the code in that I found

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 | grep RSA

but it comes back as denied, or error..

I don't even wanna mess with SDK package for ADB you mentioned..

any other way to test?

THANKS