April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015 [Updated]

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Uk update is available now! Confirmed

6th November 2010, 01:20 PM |#1  
Dan53's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 183
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
CAN FINALLY CONFIRM THE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE IN THE UK.

I de-branded my phone to the generic CDF, SEUS said i had the latest update, when i clicked reinstall in downloaded the new update and now I have android 2.1

enjoy all owners
6th November 2010, 02:01 PM |#2  
teapea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buckinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 77
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Yes, I've just checked and have the update message checking OTA manually - but it says i must use a computer to update my phone.

My 1.6
ro.product.name=U20i_1238-0199
ro.semc.version.cust=1238-0199
ro.semc.version.cust_revision=R3A

However PCC and SEUS both say I have the latest software installed and I've uninstalled and reinstalled both of these... hmmm
Last edited by teapea; 6th November 2010 at 02:06 PM.
6th November 2010, 02:36 PM |#3  
Dan53's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 183
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teapea

Yes, I've just checked and have the update message checking OTA manually - but it says i must use a computer to update my phone.

My 1.6
ro.product.name=U20i_1238-0199
ro.semc.version.cust=1238-0199
ro.semc.version.cust_revision=R3A

However PCC and SEUS both say I have the latest software installed and I've uninstalled and reinstalled both of these... hmmm

thats the exact CDF number i used to update.

I used SEUS - it said I had the latest update but I reinstalled the update anyway, turned out to be 2.1
6th November 2010, 04:31 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Have a Voda branded phone and have been putting off the debranding until 2.1 came out. Can't wait any longer but having a lot of difficulty locating the generic UK firmware. Can anybody provide a link? Much appreciated!
6th November 2010, 05:44 PM |#5  
Jemmauk's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
I have a mini pro with 3UK - I've tried SEUS and the phone updates and still telling me I have the latest version

I have

ro.semc.version.cust_revision=R7A
ro.product.name=u20i_1238-1760
ro.semc.version.cust=1238-1760

still no joy - and i dont fancy killing my phone off

any suggestions?

Rosie
6th November 2010, 08:09 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Updated to 2.1 Generic UK via SEUS.

ro.product.name=U20i_1238-0199
7th November 2010, 08:25 AM |#7  
Dan53's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 183
 
452 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph34rthesaint

Have a Voda branded phone and have been putting off the debranding until 2.1 came out. Can't wait any longer but having a lot of difficulty locating the generic UK firmware. Can anybody provide a link? Much appreciated!

all you do is this, what I will say is first install busybox onto your phone for it to work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=743800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemmauk

I have a mini pro with 3UK - I've tried SEUS and the phone updates and still telling me I have the latest version

I have

ro.semc.version.cust_revision=R7A
ro.product.name=u20i_1238-1760
ro.semc.version.cust=1238-1760

still no joy - and i dont fancy killing my phone off

any suggestions?

Rosie

as I said, generic is out. there wont be joy for you for at least another month or 2 if you dont debrand

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes